Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Checking OS Type on Servers
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Checking OS Type on Servers Post 302606550 by Peasant on Monday 12th of March 2012 03:05:01 AM
Old 03-12-2012
You can try using nmap tool.

In my practice it has show success mostly, but it's not 100%

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different type of shells?

Hello there, i just want to know what are the different type of shells and the main difference betwee them. The problem is that if you try to search over the net you will find a lot of information and hence you will have no enough time to read all of them.....Anyone can help with this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charbel
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk type checking

Hello, How to check if two variables( fields in awk) have the same datatype ( INTEGER , REAL, TEXT ) ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotty_123
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

String type to date type

Can one string type variable changed into the date type variable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinku
1 Replies

4. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl data type checking

I am using perl 5.8.0. I need to check some values to see it they are floats. Our system does not have Data::Types so I can't use is_float. Is there something else that I can use? The only thing in Data is Dump.pm. I am not allowed to download anything to our system so I have to use what I have.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajgwin
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Type of RAID

Hi i need to know how i made for getting witch RAID my system used exist a commad for this ? thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dimitris
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script checking for a file in various servers

I am trying to write a script that checks whether or not, a file exists on multiple servers. My code / logic so far is: #!/usr/bin/ksh print "Enter File name to be checked" read MYFILE ssh server1 " cd /var/opt/logs ; if then ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
4 Replies

8. SCO

Stop boot system at "Checking protected password and checking subsystem databases"

Hi, (i'm sorry for my english) I'm a problem on boot sco unix 5.0.5 open server. this stop at "Checking protected password and checking subsystem databases" (See this image ) I'm try this: 1) http://www.digipedia.pl/usenet/thread/50/37093/#post37094 2) SCO: SCO Unix - Server hangs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: buji
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking running process status using "grep" on multiple servers in load sharing system.

Suppose i have 3 different servers say x,y and z. Im running some process say ABC and 40 instances for the same is being created. In load sharing suppose on server x, 20 instances are running server y, 10 instances are running server z, 10 instances are running. While checking the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitknit
1 Replies
XSetPointerMapping(3X11)					  XLIB FUNCTIONS					  XSetPointerMapping(3X11)

NAME
XSetPointerMapping, XGetPointerMapping - manipulate pointer settings SYNTAX
int XSetPointerMapping(display, map, nmap) Display *display; unsigned char map[]; int nmap; int XGetPointerMapping(display, map_return, nmap) Display *display; unsigned char map_return[]; int nmap; ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. map Specifies the mapping list. map_return Returns the mapping list. nmap Specifies the number of items in the mapping list. DESCRIPTION
The XSetPointerMapping function sets the mapping of the pointer. If it succeeds, the X server generates a MappingNotify event, and XSet- PointerMapping returns MappingSuccess. Element map[i] defines the logical button number for the physical button i+1. The length of the list must be the same as XGetPointerMapping would return, or a BadValue error results. A zero element disables a button, and elements are not restricted in value by the number of physical buttons. However, no two elements can have the same nonzero value, or a BadValue error results. If any of the buttons to be altered are logically in the down state, XSetPointerMapping returns MappingBusy, and the mapping is not changed. XSetPointerMapping can generate a BadValue error. The XGetPointerMapping function returns the current mapping of the pointer. Pointer buttons are numbered starting from one. XGetPoint- erMapping returns the number of physical buttons actually on the pointer. The nominal mapping for a pointer is map[i]=i+1. The nmap argu- ment specifies the length of the array where the pointer mapping is returned, and only the first nmap elements are returned in map_return. DIAGNOSTICS
BadValue Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request. Unless a specific range is specified for an argu- ment, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error. SEE ALSO
XChangeKeyboardControl(3X11), XChangeKeyboardMapping(3X11) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 Release 6.6 XSetPointerMapping(3X11)