Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat required resize /boot partition in linux Post 302606409 by mark54g on Sunday 11th of March 2012 09:21:24 AM
Old 03-11-2012
Even with 2 kernels you should not be using 100MB. You should see what else is taking up all that space.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resize FREEBSD 5.4 partition

Experts, I am trying to repartition my FreeBSD partition to accomodate 1GB of DOS partition so that I can have the samba share support. I wanted to know the procedure to resize an exsiting FreeBSD partition. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmynath
1 Replies

2. SCO

SCO 5.0.6 how to partition resize in HTFS?

I have a 17GB SCSI disk in an SCO 5.0.6 server and it's running out of space because of a growing database on the disk. Consequently I would like to upgrade the 17GB to a 74GB disk and extend the partition. First off, is partition extension available under HTFS - I know this is an old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carribey
1 Replies

3. SCO

Partition Resize / Creation

Hello, I'm new to SCO and I require some help... I have an OLD HD which is about to die and I want to replace it with a new HD. When I clone the HD with either Acronis or Ghost it wont allow me to resize the UNIX partition and I'm stuck with 80% of the new drive as unused space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dochost
7 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to Extend Boot Partition

Hi, My linux server working with LVM partition and with /boot partition, now my /boot partition is full, now i need to extend my boot partition. can i know how to do it, without any data loss. Regards, M.Selva Prakash (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mselvaprakash
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to RESIZE / root partition in RHEL5 (VM)?

Hi Team, Require your expertise on how to resize / partition. This is VM. Thank you. Reggy # df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 15G 13G 556M 96% / /dev/sda1 965M 43M 873M 5% /boot tmpfs 502M 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
5 Replies

6. SCO

Resize root partition

I have SCO Openserver 5.0.5 Root partition is 96% full and I would like to make it bigger. How can this be done? 1) Can I use 'dd' to backup 'root' and then backup '/u' to a third hard disk, then divvy the primary hard disk to have a larger 'root' filesystem (i.e. previous root + u) 2) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grips03
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Shrink LVM partition & create new Linux Primary partition

Hello All, I have a Red Hat Linux 5.9 Server installed with one hard disk & 2 Partitions created on it as follows, /boot - Linux Partition & another is LVM - One VG & under that 5-6 Logical volumes(var,opt,home etc). Here my requirement is to take out 1GB of space from LVM ( Any logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Resize Linux partition

Hello., Could any one please share the informaiton about this or please point me the reference : Assume, we have the following partition after linux machine is setup, it will mention like this : bash$ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/xvda2 10G... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alnhk
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Resize partition volume

Hello, I am running ubuntu 14.04. Have just installed torrent into home directory but /dev/md2 is almost full. Is it possible to resize md2 to get rid of any problem that may arise in the near future? Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on udev 17G 4.1k 17G 1% /dev... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies
calibrate_ppa(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  calibrate_ppa(8)

NAME
calibrate_ppa - pnm2ppa calibration tool SYNOPSIS
calibrate_ppa [options] DESCRIPTION
Produces various PixMap (PPM) files used for calibrating pnm2ppa. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. NOTE
The size of a full-page PixMap is 100MB!!. These PixMaps should be piped directly to pnm2ppa, except in the case of the -g option, where the PixMap should be viewed or printed by other means. OPTIONS
-g, --gamma produce gamma.ppm (10MB, used in color calibration). -h, --help displays this help text. -o <outfile> output to file <outfile>, "-o -" means stdout (default) -p <n> create test pattern number <n> --align pattern 0: align print heads. (default) --test pattern 1: test alignment. --clean pattern 2: clean print head. --center pattern 3: center paper. -s <paper> default papersize (a4, legal, letter = us (default)) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Chad C. Walstrom <chewie@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
pnm2ppa(1), magicfilter(8), apsfilter(8) November 05, 2000 calibrate_ppa(8)