Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with serial ports.
Operating Systems HP-UX Help with serial ports. Post 302606295 by ftwojtek on Saturday 10th of March 2012 01:19:26 PM
Old 03-10-2012
Yes, you're right.
Too little information I have given.
I have HP-UX version 10.20 on a HP B180 controler.
Already solved my problem by drawing on this document:
pbraun.nethence.com/doc/sysutils_hpux/hpux_serial.html
Is very helpfull.
I now have some new problems ...
Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Serial Ports, wacom tablet under unix

Hi, I'm new to the boards and don't know all that much about unix either. I do have quite a specific question though and i hope someone can help me with it... i'm going crazy...i've been trying to set up a wacom tablet on my unix box. i've don't it before but it was taken away and the os... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Salwey
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a modem on a serial accelerator ports

I had been using a modem installed on a Digi accelerator port to dial in to an SCO open server r5 server. On monday it quit working and I realy don't know how it was installed and configured. I have tested the modem on a PC and it works. The port the modem is connected to is ttyB06 and I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kikkin
1 Replies

3. Programming

Reading incoming data in serial ports

Hi every body, i have the following problem : I need to read incoming data from a serial port, this port has connected a weigth device to it that send the weigth and i need to read this data to my aplication, i had this problem in Window Enviroment and i resolve with a "C" routine, but in Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jricardorm
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resetting hung serial ports and peripheral devices.

Working in SunOS 2.6 without the GUI, I am trying to find out what command line syntax I can use to reset the serial port. I have also been curious how to reset peripheral devices without having to reboot the machine. If anyone has a cheat sheet for that, that would be great! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcherry
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

ports???

Ok, I've been working in the IT field for about 3 years now and I never fully understood the concept of ip ports. I just started a new job that uses Solaris and today it kinda clicked in my head and I want to know if I'm right or wrong. Does each ip address have multiple ports. because we... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL:controlling serial ports ?

Is it possible to write a perl program to controll the serial port? e.g. What iam trying to do, for a challenge is create a box with two lights. red and green, connect to a serial port and have a perl program to give me the options to turn on the red light or green light. Is this possilbe, can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

7. Programming

Serial Ports - locking them, checking if they are open

Hi, I'm trying to fix up some serial code that was given to me by a coworker no longer on the project. Problem is, when the program is running and reading the port, I can take away the port by doing a cu command in another terminal window. When I release the cu, the program crashes, I think... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oak
1 Replies

8. Solaris

ports

Hi, If for example i try to start tomcat in a solaris server and get errors related to address already in use, how can I know if this port is really used for another process? If someone can point any documentation it will be very helpfull. Thanks! :rolleyes: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ffpradella
9 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 9.04 Serial application to telnet to serial device

Hello! I am working on an application which reads environmental instruments which have serial ports. The application requires a serial port to be present to talk to the device (i.e. /dev/ttyS0 ). In some instances the environmental devices will be 100's of yards away from the computer, so a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvona
5 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Renaming serial ports in unix

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I am by no means a unix expert, so I hope I explain my issue well. I'm on a mac (mac mini), 10.7. My question is about serial port names. I have an arduino microcontroller plugged in via usb, and every time the computer is shut down it gives the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: superliminal
0 Replies
htmerge(1)						      General Commands Manual							htmerge(1)

NAME
htmerge - create document index and word database for the ht://Dig search engine SYNOPSIS
htmerge [options] DESCRIPTION
Htmerge is used to create a document index and word database from the files that were created by htdig. These databases are then used by htsearch to perform the actual searched. OPTIONS
-a Use alternate work files. Tells htdig to append .work to database files, causing a second copy of the database to be built. This allows the original files to be used by htsearch during the indexing run. -c configfile Use the specified configfile instead of the default. -d Prevent the document index from being created. -s Print statistics about the document and word databases after htmerge has finished. -v Run in verbose mode. This will provide some hints as to the progress of the merge. This can be useful when running htmerge interac- tively since some parts (especially the word database creation) can take a very long time. -w Prevent the word database from being created. ENVIRONMENT
TMPDIR In addition to the command line options, the environment variable TMPDIR will be used to designate the directory where intermediate files are stored during the sorting process. FILES
/etc/htdig/htdig.conf The default configuration file. SEE ALSO
Please refer to the HTML pages (in the htdig-doc package) /usr/share/doc/htdig-doc/html/index.html and the manual pages htdig(1) and htsearch(1) for a detailed description of ht://Dig and its commands. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christian Schwarz, modified by Stijn de Bekker, based on the HTML documentation of ht://Dig. 21 July 1997 htmerge(1)