Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copying updated files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copying updated files Post 302606224 by kristinu on Saturday 10th of March 2012 04:57:33 AM
Old 03-10-2012
I tried it but it saved all the files in the directory test rather than just the one file
source2/TracePDF.cc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recently updated files

How do I find files those have been updated in the last 24 hours, sort them by size descending and then display the top of the long list? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
6 Replies

2. Solaris

files updated in last 10 hours should be moved

Hi, I would like to move all files that are updated in last 10 hrs. to some temporary folder. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copying of files by userB, dir & files owned by userA

I am userB and have a dir /temp1 This dir is owned by me. How do I recursively copy files from another users's dir userA? I need to preserve the original user who created files, original group information, original create date, mod date etc. I tried cp -pr /home/userA/* . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find the last updated file from different groups of files.

Hi i have many sets of files as shown below(here i have shown 2 sets) basel_aa_20091030.txt basel_aa_20091130.txt basel_aa_20091230.txt basel_bb_20091030.txt basel_bb_20091130.txt basel_bb_20091230.txt from each set of files i need to select the latest updated file(there are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find last updated files and rename

HI I have a requirement to find the last updated files from a directory whcih has subdirectories and inside them we have files with .txt,.doc,.xls .. extensions. i have to find those files which were updated in the last 1hr and rename the files with respective <sub-directory>_<filename> and copy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Old time stamp being updated for new files

Hello Friends I am facing a weird problem :confused:, we receive thousands of files in my system on a daily basis, access time stamp on some of the files are being updated as old time stamp like 1968-01-19, Could some one help me what could be causing this? so that i can narrow down the problem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek007
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do crontab files get updated with changes?

I have an ant script that puts my crontabtemplate changes out on a solaris server. But I am scratching my head trying to figure out what to do next on getting the actual crontab file updated with changes. Somone have suggestions on reads or links to figure this out? thx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updated files information

I am using the below script to remove the rows which contains null values in the 3rd column.My requirement here is want to get the filenames which row is removed .please help me. #!/usr/bin/sh Scripts=/ushhquest/data001/Scripts cd /ushhquest/data011/TgtFiles/MonthlyData ls CUSTADDR*.txt >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updated files using awk

If third column contains null value then it should delete the row and i want to know the files which contains null value in 3rd column.Below code is not showing the updated files correctly..not sure what the issue is.plz help me #!/usr/bin/sh Scripts=/ushhquest/data001/Scripts cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files to get only records to be inserted and updated

Hello all, Please help me for a script that compares two files and reads only those records that are to be inserted and updated. File1: c_id name place contact_no 1 abc xyz 34567 10 efg uvw 82725 6 hjk wth 01823 2 iuy ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: T@ni@
4 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   SHELL-QUOTE(1p)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.8.4 2005-05-03 SHELL-QUOTE(1p)