Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print Specific keyword, by using awk? Post 302606043 by Corona688 on Friday 9th of March 2012 11:46:06 AM
Old 03-09-2012
In what way does it "not work"?

What's your operating system?

Have you tried nawk instead of awk?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print specific lines with awk

Hi! How can I print out a specific range of rows, like "cat file | awk NR==5,NR==9", but in the END-statement? I have a small awk-script that finds specific rows in a file and saves the line number in an array, like this: awk ' BEGIN { count=0} /ZZZZ/ { list=NR ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bugenhagen
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To print a specific line in Shell or awk.

Hi, I want to echo the 15th line from a file named as abc.txt, also i want to echo only the values in that line not the line number. Thanks in advance:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print specific columns one row at a time

Hello, I have the following piece of code: roleName =`cat $inputFile | awk -F';' '{ print $1 }'` roleDescription =`cat $inputFile | awk -F';' '{ print $2 }'` roleAuthProfile =`cat $inputFile | awk -F';' '{ print $3 }'` mappedUserID (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pr0tocoldan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and print specific date with awk

hi all I would like to help me find the problem with this script to find and print to the screen a specific date of a log file that I have on my server, the date it is received as the first argument in the script $ 1 Here I show you a few lines that made ​​the idea of ​​my log file: ****... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilmore666
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in a specific column using awk

Is it possible to modify file like this. 1. Remove all the duplicate names in a define column i.e 4th col 2. Count the no.of unique names separated by ";" and print as a 5th col thanx in advance!! Q input c1 30 3 Eh2 c10 96 3 Frp c41 396 3 Ua5;Lop;Kol;Kol c62 2 30 Fmp;Fmp;Fmp ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print with awk specific field different from specific character?

Hello, i need help with awk. I have this file: cat number DirB port 67 er_enc_out 0 er_bad_os 0 DirB port 71 er_enc_out 56 er_bad_os 0 DirB port 74 er_enc_out 0 er_bad_os 0 DirB port 75 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elilmal
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a specific length using awk

Hello, I have the following input data: A C AA GG A G CG AG the code I tried: awk -F" " '{ if ((length($1==1) && (length($2==1))) input_file is not working, I need the output to be (such that only the columns containing one letter are printed) A C A G Any help would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rabu
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print specific range using awk?

I want to print specific range of rows and then its columns using awk command. lets say if a file contain 15 line then i need to print line 5 to 9. awk '{print;for( NR>=5&&NR<=9); do; print "<tr>\n<td>"$1"</td><td>"$2"</td><td>"$3"</td>\n</tr" done}' xyz.csv not sure what's wrong... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: amyt1234
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all lines between two keyword if a specific pattern exist

I have input file as below I need to check for a pattern and if it is there in file then I need to print all the lines below BEGIN and END keyword. Could you please help me how to get this in AIX using sed or awk. Input file: ABC ******** BEGIN ***** My name is Amit. I am learning unix.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print string if tag is specific value

In the below awk I am trying to print expName only if another tag planExecuted is true. In addition to the expName I am also printing planShortID. For some reason the word experiment gets printed so I remove it with sed. I have attached the complete index.html as well as included a sample of it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)