Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting removing \n in PERL from the data fetched from db Post 302605929 by gvk25 on Friday 9th of March 2012 06:01:07 AM
Old 03-09-2012
removing \n in PERL from the data fetched from db

Hi

I am fetching data from table which contains SQL query like this into a variable $qry

Code:
SELECT ABC,
DEF
WHERE (XYZ = 'Normalization' or 
ABC_TYPE = 'DEF') and lookup_port like 'ABAC%'

My requirement is I need to fetch a where clause to a variable

Code:
if ( $qry =~ m/(where.*)/i)
{
print $1;
}

I am getting the o/p as WHERE (XYZ = 'Normalization' or
but

Expected o/p is

Code:
WHERE (XYZ = 'Normalization' or 

Thanks
gvk

---------- Post updated at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:26 PM ----------

when I tried this

Code:
$qry =~ s/\n/ /g;

I am getting below o/p

Code:

Last edited by pludi; 03-09-2012 at 07:51 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Null data in output

Hello all, I have a script that has an infile with system package information. For the most part the script is looking well. The only thing i need help is in testing for null entries and removing null data. #!/usr/bin/ksh for i in `cat /mwncps/bin/eco_pack` do NAME=`pkginfo -l |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value not being fetched in the filename..

Hi, In the code below, the $DD1, $DD2, $MM1, $MM2 are not fetching the values. Can anybody tell me where have i made wrong. Shift_date.sh is a script which gives the previous date if we give the current date in the format YYYYMMDD and +/- how many days past/future.. Like Shift_date.sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RRVARMA
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing spaces from data

Hi, I want to remove spaces from data. Data is: 1,aa ,21, 22 2,a a ,23 ,24 3, ,25 ,26 output should be: 1,aa,21,22 2,a a,23,24 3, ,25,26 i.e i have to remove leading and trailing spaces.Not the space between data and also i dont want to remove the space if data is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data fetched from text file and save in a csv file

Hi i have wriiten a script which fetches the data from text file, and saves in the output in a text file itself, but i want that the output should save in different columns. I have the output like: For Channel:response_time__24.txt 1547 data points 0.339 0.299 0.448 0.581 7.380 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohitkalia
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issues while sending a mail having records fetched from SQL -all in UNIX

hi-I want to write a UNIX Script which will fetch records from Oracle database.I want to store these records in a file under fields like email address,name and the transaction_id and then fetch these records from the file and send the email to individual users with their transaction ID details. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepSalwan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP to server, pulling data and removing the data

Hi all, I have the following script, but are not too sure about the syntax to complete the script. In essence, the script must connect to a SFTP server at a client site with username and password located in a file on my server. Then change to the appropriate directory. Pull the data to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing data with pattern matching

I have the following: HH:MM:SS I want to use either % or # sign to remove :SS can somebody please provide me an example. I know how to do this in awk, but awk is too much overhead for something this simple since I will be doing this in a loop a lot of times. Thanks in advance to all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a row based on fetched value of column

Hi, I have a file which consists of two columns but the first one can be varying in length like 123456789 0abcd 123456789 0abcd 4015 0 0abcd 5000 0abcd I want to go through the file reading each line, count the number of characters in the first column and delete... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - Removing dots(".") from the data

Hi Friends, I have a file1 as below file1.txt 100000.||1925-01-10|00:00|1862SHERMA NAVE#1SE.||EVTON|IL|60201||22509.|BDSS|62007|2639.|26670 100001.||1935-01-10|00:00|1862NEW . YRK NO.||EVTON|IL|60201||22509.|BDSS|62007|2639.|26670. 100002.||1965-01-10|00:00|1862 IND . INC,CL... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)