Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 7.1 don't detect my DataDomain Library Post 302605918 by vbe on Friday 9th of March 2012 04:03:37 AM
Old 03-09-2012
Thanks for informing us...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

how to detect removable disks or volume in AIX using command

Hi I am new to AIX and any help regarding the same would be really appriciated, thanks In advance. My priority issue is how to detect from command line that the volume / disk on AIX machine is a USB or removable disk /volume and if possible can we list out details for that disk / volume (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mak_mailbox
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX doesn't detect smc1 media changer in ts3200 tape library

Hi all, I'm having a problem here my environment as follows. AIX 5.3 TL 10 running on a P6 p520 sever with 3 fibre channel cards and Tivoli Storage Manager TSM 5.4 and TS3200 Tape Library with 2 drives and 2 media changers. My problem as follows smc1 doesn't show up , I ran cfgmgr multiple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
6 Replies

3. AIX

AIX doesn't detect TS3200 tape library

Hi all, I have a problem here root@host1 / # lsdev -Cc tape rmt0 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) rmt1 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) smc0 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3573 Tape Medium Changer (FCP) root@host1 / # cfgmgr -l fcs2 Method error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to detect the network cable status with c programming on AIX

Hello, Is there any API or any other approach to detect whether the network cable is connected to the network adapter, say, en0, en1 or en2? The OS is AIX6.1. Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zephyrbj
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX -/usr/bin/expect shows output Don't know why.

Hi, I have been programming with the expect program for a while now and have create a series of menu driven checks for the operations team. One thing I have noticed is that I call a remote script and pass parameters and this is display on the screen....for example. Within the script ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakky
0 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

AIX server do not detect LUN from HP storage

ssssssssssss (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampathenjoy
0 Replies
MAKEDBM(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						MAKEDBM(8)

NAME
makedbm -- create a YP database SYNOPSIS
makedbm -u file makedbm -U file makedbm [-bls] [-i yp_input_file] [-o yp_output_file] [-d yp_domain_name] [-m yp_master_name] infile outfile DESCRIPTION
Makedbm is the utiliy in YP that creates the database file containing the YP map. The databse format is a slightly modified version of ndbm. The options are as follows: -u Dump a database to standard output. -U Same as -u but also try db(3) hash format. -b Interdomain. Include an entry in the database informing a YP server to use DNS to get information about unknown hosts. This option will only have effect on the two maps hosts.byname and hosts.byaddr. -l Lowercase. Convert all keys to lower case before adding them to the YP database. -s Secure map. Include an entry in the database informing ypxfr(8) and ypserv(8) that the YP map is going to be handled as secure. -i yp_input_file Include an entry the in the map with the key YP_INPUT_FILE and the argument as value. -o yp_output_file Include an entry the in the map with the key YP_OUTPUT_FILE and the argument as value. -d yp_domain_name Include an entry the in the map with the key YP_DOMAIN_NAME and the argument as value. -m yp_master_name Include an entry the in the map with the key YP_MASTER_NAME and the argument as value. SEE ALSO
yp(8), db(3), ypxfr(8), ypserv(8) AUTHOR
Mats O Jansson <moj@stacken.kth.se> BSD
July 19, 1994 BSD