Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect language separating two string connected by _(underscore) Post 302605727 by hfreyer on Thursday 8th of March 2012 10:57:35 AM
Old 03-08-2012
prompt> tclsh
% set str "scmid1_scmid2"
scmid1_scmid2
% set lst [split $str "_"]
scmid1 scmid2
% puts [llength $lst]
% puts [lindex $lst 0]
scmid1
% puts [lindex $lst 1]
scmid2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with underscore in variable name

can you help please. variable 1 = TODAY=`date +"%Y%m%d"` i.e. echo $TODAY 20080407 DB=GERMANY echo $DB GERMANY echo $DB.$TODAY GERMANY.20080407 echo $DB.$TODAY_1.dmp GERMANY..dmp (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkie
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

expect-string length problom

hi i am writing an expect script to automate su command, my script goes like this... #!/usr/local/bin/expect -- set password set env_var spawn su UNAME expect "password:" send "$password\r" expect "env" send "setenv PATHVAR $env_ver\r" expect "env" send "echo \$PATHVAR" expect eof ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudheer157
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep string except when preceded by underscore

having trouble with this seemingly simple taks.. :mad: Test data: we want to keep lines 2,3 & 4 -- want to exclude when ${.*schema} is preceded with an underscore; Valid {.*schema} should always be preceded spaces or be found at the beginning of a line. egrep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect wait --More-- string and exit

Hi I am programing a expect script on debian, I connected to a firewall to get configuration copy via telnet or ssh but Because of firewall show configuration console wait and print --More-- need press space key at least 100.Help me please. firewall output like this :( This output isn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayucelen
3 Replies

5. Programming

String copy in C language

Hello, I have a text file (FILE.txt) that contains the following information: userAxxx.name@email.com userA userBxxx.name@email.com userB userxxCx.name@email.com userC and more.... in scripting, I can easily do a grep and awk to store an email info into a string... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tqlam
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the character after the Underscore(_)

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a command that would do the following: 1) Change all the letters/words in a file to Lower case Letters/words. 2) Remove the Underscore (_) and Change the Character after the underscore (_) to an Uppercase letter. Example: File contains the below words: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL expect out string with multiple lines

Hello, I will be sending this command to a specific COMID: exp_send-i $COMID "fdisk -l | grep Disk | awk '{print $2}'" The command will produce this output: /dev/sda /dev/sdb etc.. the problem is how do I store the output in a variable in TCL, I am currently using this to grab the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

underscore to dots

Hi, I have been trying to change underscores to dots. For example: 1122_91 1022_233 . 2237_23 9382_2339 2998_234 345_257 . . Desired output: 1122.91 1022.233 . 2237.23 9382.2339 2998.234 345.257 . . Any idea? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iconig
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to realize automatically all operation using Expect Language?

Hi, guys, I want to redirect the result of top command into a file after sort memory or sort TIME or sort PID or sort PCPU. for example: I pressed key M will sort by memory, and then press key W will save all current setting into ~/.toprc, press key q will exit when I launched top command, It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: weichanghe2000
2 Replies

10. Programming

Expect script returning string following a found expect.

I'm fairly new to scripting so this might not be possible. I am using Expect with Cisco switches and need to capture the string after finding the expect request. For example, when I issue "show version" on a Nexus switch, I'm looking to capture the current firmware version: #show version ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IBGaryA
0 Replies
PREG_SPLIT(3)								 1							     PREG_SPLIT(3)

preg_split - Split string by a regular expression

SYNOPSIS
array preg_split (string $pattern, string $subject, [int $limit = -1], [int $flags]) DESCRIPTION
Split the given string by a regular expression. PARAMETERS
o $pattern - The pattern to search for, as a string. o $subject - The input string. o $limit - If specified, then only substrings up to $limit are returned with the rest of the string being placed in the last substring. A $limit of -1, 0 or NULL means "no limit" and, as is standard across PHP, you can use NULL to skip to the $flags parameter. o $flags -$flags can be any combination of the following flags (combined with the | bitwise operator): o PREG_SPLIT_NO_EMPTY - If this flag is set, only non-empty pieces will be returned by preg_split(3). o PREG_SPLIT_DELIM_CAPTURE - If this flag is set, parenthesized expression in the delimiter pattern will be captured and returned as well. o PREG_SPLIT_OFFSET_CAPTURE - If this flag is set, for every occurring match the appendant string offset will also be returned. Note that this changes the return value in an array where every element is an array consisting of the matched string at offset 0 and its string offset into $subject at offset 1. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing substrings of $subject split along boundaries matched by $pattern. EXAMPLES
Example #1 preg_split(3) example : Get the parts of a search string <?php // split the phrase by any number of commas or space characters, // which include " ", , , and f $keywords = preg_split("/[s,]+/", "hypertext language, programming"); print_r($keywords); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => hypertext [1] => language [2] => programming ) Example #2 Splitting a string into component characters <?php $str = 'string'; $chars = preg_split('//', $str, -1, PREG_SPLIT_NO_EMPTY); print_r($chars); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => s [1] => t [2] => r [3] => i [4] => n [5] => g ) Example #3 Splitting a string into matches and their offsets <?php $str = 'hypertext language programming'; $chars = preg_split('/ /', $str, -1, PREG_SPLIT_OFFSET_CAPTURE); print_r($chars); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => Array ( [0] => hypertext [1] => 0 ) [1] => Array ( [0] => language [1] => 10 ) [2] => Array ( [0] => programming [1] => 19 ) ) NOTES
Tip If you don't need the power of regular expressions, you can choose faster (albeit simpler) alternatives like explode(3) or str_split(3). Tip If matching fails, an array with a single element containing the input string will be returned. SEE ALSO
PCRE Patterns, preg_quote(3), implode(3), preg_match(3), preg_match_all(3), preg_replace(3), preg_last_error(3). PHP Documentation Group PREG_SPLIT(3)