Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell script emailing issue
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shell script emailing issue Post 302604946 by jay02 on Tuesday 6th of March 2012 10:54:50 AM
Old 03-06-2012
Shell script emailing issue

Hi,

Im writing a shell script:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#Send process which has exceeded 25%
#
echo 'pri pid user nice pcpu command' > /export/home/tjmoore/file2
#
if ps -eo pri,pid,user,nice,pcpu,comm | awk '{if($5 >= 25)print $0}' >> /export/home/tjmoore/file2 2>/dev/null
#
#
#
then /usr/local/bds/mailsend.s mailx "Process has surpassed 25% threshold" [email adress] [email address] /export/home/tjmoore/file2 2&1>/dev/null
fi

my issue is that it sends an email even if there is no process exceeding the threshold, is there anyway I can stop this from happening possibly by using a grep along with a sed command or grepping for a range of numbers in the file before it is sent?

Last edited by methyl; 03-06-2012 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: please use code tags ; correct paste errors

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SMTP - emailing issue

We are running an application engine program that sends email to a list of users. In our Test Env, users are able to receive the emails but in our Prod environment, they do not. We are running the same program, and using the same stmp config. any idea on how to troubleshoot? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script not emailing or running

Hi, I am having trouble with this script. It is suppose to send me an email when the specified tablespace is 60% full. I run it but nothing happens FREESPACELOG=/home/oracle/scripts/bin/free_space/freespace.sql email=bob@bob.edu subject="PROD: Tablespace Free Space" cmd="mailx -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaseeb
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with following issue using shell script

Hi Folks, I am looking for a script where that should show the progress bar while running a process Ex: while copying a file of size say 2 GB it should start the process as (0 %) and at the end it should show (100%) Thanks in Advance Phani. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanivarma
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate emailing via shell script

Hi, I am struggling to send my email via shell script. I can type the command in and it works pefectly: mail -s "subject" email@email.co.email < text_to_sendHowever if I try and automate it it fails. I have tried setting variables for all aspects (mail, email addr, subject, message) with no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in TC Shell Script

I have a script in TC shell, for some reason its not working. I'm trying to kick off a script if there are any files in a particular directory "/sample/test3" Can anyone point out the issue in the same #!/usr/bin/tcsh while true do if ls /sample/test3 >& /dev/null ; then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaugeta
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CLI script for emailing alert if files missing in dir

thread removed (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: billabongjimmy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with shell script

I found a post from a user requesting help rounding numbers. The script provided by Scrutinizer works fine most of the time but it errors out when trying to round these numbers: 30224939 50872456 20753012 They have in common, a zero in the second digit from left to right. Can someone help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dennis_Ayala
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emailing results of a pl sql procedure from UNIX shell script

Hello All, I am writing the below unix script to email the result of a small pl sql procedure: #!/bin/bash ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/orcts/product/9.2.0; export ORACLE_HOME SQLPLUS=$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus sqlplus -s user/pass@Db_instance<<EOF set echo off set feedback off set pages 0... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bunty bedi
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in shell script

item,quantity,unit price,total tea,1,1,1 coffee,3,4,12 sugar,5,2.5,12.5 tea,2,1,3 coffee,2,4,8 i have got the above file with following questions: need to get the total value: which i got using : a=0 for b in `cut -f4 -d ',' log` do c=`echo $a + $b | bc` a=$c done echo "$a and $c" ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhupeshchavan
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Issue with emailing format from UNIX

Need help as to why when I try email the following it does not come out right: DateOt=`date +"%a %b %d %T %Y"` TimeOt=`date +%H:%M:%S` interval=`cat $SecDiff| awk '{print $3}'` PortInReq2=`cat /shared/ftpdir/tools/quelog/logs/quelog.NPS_TO_SMG.log | grep PQI | wc -l` PortInRes2=`cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
2 Replies
DIFF(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DIFF(1)

NAME
diff - print differences between two files SYNOPSIS
diff [-c | -e | -C n] [-br]file1 file2 OPTIONS
-C n Produce output that contains n lines of context -b Ignore white space when comparing -c Produce output that contains three lines of context -e Produce an ed-script to convert file1 into file2 -r Apply diff recursively to files and directories of EXAMPLES
diff file1 file2 # Print differences between 2 files diff -C 0 file1 file2 # Same as above diff -C 3 file1 file2 # Output three lines of context with every diff -c file1 file2 # Same diff /etc /dev # Compares recursively the directories /etc and /dev diff passwd /etc # Compares ./passwd to /etc/passwd DESCRIPTION
the same name, when file1 and file2 are both directories" difference encountered" Diff compares two files and generates a list of lines telling how the two files differ. Lines may not be longer than 128 characters. If the two arguments on the command line are both directories, diff recursively steps through all subdirectories comparing files of the same name. If a file name is found only in one directory, a diagnostic message is written to stdout. A file that is of either block special, character special or FIFO special type, cannot be compared to any other file. On the other hand, if there is one directory and one file given on the command line, diff tries to compare the file with the same name as file in the directory directory. SEE ALSO
cdiff(1), cmp(1), comm(1), patch(1). DIFF(1)