Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting if condition error: test: 0403-004 Specify a parameter with this command Post 302604413 by jihmantiquilla on Monday 5th of March 2012 02:21:25 AM
Old 03-05-2012
thanks for the quick response, i had managed to run the if -else condition statement.

thanks and regards,
ivan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep 0403-027 The parameter list is too long.

Hi there I get this error message when I try to do a basic grep. Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong. Thanks 0403-027 The parameter list is too long. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: japada
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help regarding Error message: A test command parameter is not valid

Hi I am getting few messages when trying to run my script from the following lines in the script if test then // SomeCode fi The messages are as follows: testing.sh: OBLIGOR_GROUP_ID: 0403-012 A test command parameter is not valid. testing.sh:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

0403-027 The parameter list is too long.

hi when i ran the following command rm *_F i got this error 0403-027 The parameter list is too long. It shd remove 5000(around) files pls help me on this. why its throwing this error how to rectify this error (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: romiljain
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX: 0403-027 The parameter list is too long

Hello All, We have a batch job that clean old records. This run a script to back up file then delete. Unfortunately, this job been failing lately. This is the error we received. "/usr/bin/compress: 0403-027 The parameter list is too long." I am not sure if the job failed since its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juieshenkei
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A test command parameter is not valid

Hello, Getting error "A test command parameter is not valid" when trying to run the code below under /sbin/sh AA = "12:00" CHK=$(date +"%H:%M") if then print "Yes" fi Getting 2 errors: 1) "AA: not found" 2) "Specify a parameter with this command" Thanks, IS Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: schureki
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

unary operator expected, if condition test error.

Hi All, I'm assigning a numeric value to variable count=2, well its being assigned by code above the if condition. I want to test for 2 conditions , when $count = 0 or $count <=2 and do something when the condition matches. here is my code, but i run into the infamous : if ] then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
2 Replies

8. AIX

0403-027 The parameter list is too long on AIX 5.3

Hi we are using AIX 5.3 64bit I have near about 79000 log file having naming convention like "IFTMBCSun Aug 14 07:45:00 PAKST 2011". This naming convention was created by a script error, now we need to rename these log file by removing extar spaces and (:) colon for that we wrote below script ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with error "por: 0403-012 A test command parameter is not valid."

Hi, im asking for help with the next script: echo ^; then if then printf "\033 query1.sh: export TERM=vt100 export ORACLE_TERM=at386 export ORACLE_HOME=/home_oracle8i/app/oracle/product/8.1.7 export ORACLE_BASE=/home_oracle8i/app/oracle export... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A test command parameter is not valid, when special characters are tried to match

Hi I have a scenario where hyphen(-) from file should be ignored I used the following code if && ; then if ; then pow=$LINE echo $pow > history.txt flag=1 fi fi I get the following output ./valid.sh: -: 0403-012 A test... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
7 Replies
pthread_condattr_getpshared(3T) 										   pthread_condattr_getpshared(3T)

NAME
pthread_condattr_getpshared(), pthread_condattr_setpshared() - get or set the process-shared attribute SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
attr Pointer to the condition variable attributes object whose process-shared attribute is to be set/retrieved. pshared This parameter either specifies the new value of the process-shared attribute (set function) or it points to the memory location where the process-shared attribute of attr is to be returned (get function). DESCRIPTION
The attributes object attr must have been previously initialized with the function before these functions are called. The functions are used to set and retrieve the process-shared attribute in a condition variable attributes object. The legal values for the process-shared attribute are: This option permits a condition variable to be operated upon by any thread that has access to the memory where the condition variable is allocated. The application is responsible for allocating the condition variable in memory that multiple processes can access. The condition variable can be operated on only by threads created within the same process as the thread that initialized the condition variable. If threads of differing processes attempt to operate on such condition variable, the behavior is undefined. The default value of process-shared is sets the process-shared attribute in attr. The new value of the process-shared attribute of attr is set to the value specified in the pshared parameter. retrieves the value of the process-shared attribute from attr. The value of the process-shared attribute of attr is returned in the pshared parameter. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the and functions return the corresponding error number: is not defined and these functions are not supported. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: attr is not a valid condition variable attributes object. The value specified by pshared is not a legal value. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: The value specified by attr or pshared is invalid. WARNINGS
If a condition variable is created with the process-shared attribute defined as the cooperating processes should have access to the memory in which the condition variable is allocated. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), pthread_condattr_init(3T), pthread_cond_init(3T), pthread_mutex_init(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_condattr_getpshared(3T)