Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Firewall
Special Forums Cybersecurity Firewall Post 302604400 by andrevicente on Monday 5th of March 2012 01:09:15 AM
Old 03-05-2012
Hi Spynappels,

The services that need to be accessible is VPN.
The operating system I'd like to use, is Linux (Centos or Ubuntu).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

What Firewall do you use?

Just out of curiosity, I see a lot of people here use Linux IPTables as their firewall. Anyone here use something else like OpenBSD PF or *BSD IPF, IPFW? I'm quite fond of OpenBSD and their Packet Filters. I find their syntax much easier to manage and from my personal experience, I find them... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarballed
5 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Looking Out from Behind a Firewall

Would it be possible to restrict access to internet pages in the following way? A machine: IP = 128.1.17.123 Only pages from domains of the type "go.jp" and "ne.jp" are viewable. All others are not viewable or only partly viewable. B machine: IP = 128.1.17.146 Regardless of the domain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mntamago
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

Linux Firewall

ON A LINUX NETWORK, HOW DO I ASSIGN IP ADDRESSES TO OTHER TERMINALS AND AFTER THAT HOW I CAN DENY/GRANT ACCESS TO TERMINALS ON A LAN TO MY TERMINAL.PLEASE SPECIFY THE EXACT COMMANDS.kINDLY HELP ME (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ameya_shaligram
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

routing and firewall

I have a PC with KUBUNTU installed on it and with 2NIC's on it (two PCI network 100Mbit cards). I want to use it as a server packet router and firewall between two computers with windows installed on them, each of this computer being connected to one different card on the KUBUNTU server. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meorfi
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

help with firewall

hi everyone I am a newbee to firewall scripting. cannot understand how to write rules per host. in ip6tables. anyone plz:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xecutioner
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

firewall query

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: produce a report containing an iptable firewall definition for a system requproduce a report containing an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: boabbyrab
0 Replies

7. AIX

Firewall

:b:Hi,, How do configure firewall in aix.. similar to linux iptable. Rgards, k.sumathi. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
3 Replies

8. SuSE

Firewall

Is there a command line interface to the firewall? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
4 Replies

9. Linux

Firewall?

Dear All I have put my windows machine behind my centos firewall server with just one NIC. At now, the windows machine can ping 192.9.9.3 but cannot resolve valid url (like www.google.com). I have set DNS for it as well. Can you please let me know what is the missing step? Thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
6 Replies
SERVICES_MKDB(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					  SERVICES_MKDB(8)

NAME
services_mkdb -- generate the services databases SYNOPSIS
services_mkdb [-qv] [-o database] [-V style] [file] services_mkdb -u [file] DESCRIPTION
services_mkdb creates a db(3) database for the specified file. If no file is specified, then /etc/services is used. The database is installed into /var/db/services.cdb for CDB format and into /var/db/services.db for DB format (see -V). The file must be in the correct for- mat (see services(5)). The options are as follows: -o database Put the output databases in the named file. -q Don't warn about duplicate services. This is the default behavior. -u Print the services file to stdout, omitting duplicate entries and comments. -V Create a specific version of the database style. style can be cdb to request the CDB format (default) or db to request the DB for- mat. The DB format is useful for compatibility with old statically linked binaries. -v Warn about duplicate services. The databases are used by the C library services routines (see getservent(3)). services_mkdb exits zero on success, non-zero on failure. FILES
/var/db/services.db The current services database. /var/db/services.db.tmp A temporary file. /etc/services The current services file. SEE ALSO
db(3), getservent(3), services(5) BUGS
Because services_mkdb guarantees not to install a partial destination file it must build a temporary file in the same file system and if suc- cessful use rename(2) to install over the destination file. If services_mkdb fails it will leave the previous version of the destination file intact. BSD
May 5, 2010 BSD