Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with sed needed to extract content from html tags Post 302604397 by michaelrozar17 on Monday 5th of March 2012 12:56:11 AM
Old 03-05-2012
Or this..?
Code:
sed -n '/text/s/<[^<]*>//gp' inputfile
sed -n '/text.*1st/s/<[^<]*>//gp' inputfile

Last edited by michaelrozar17; 03-05-2012 at 02:03 AM.. Reason: alternate sed solution..
This User Gave Thanks to michaelrozar17 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to supplement HTML tags with SED

I am cleaning up HTML with sed. With the regexp <a name="+"></a><h>*<span class="mw-headline" >+</span></h> I can find the tags I need. But when I place them in a sed command, sed fails. So I started building up from a smaller command. This is where I am now: sed -r -e s/"<a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DocBrewer
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed to extract HTML content

Hiya, I am trying to extract a news article from a web page. The sed I have written brings back a lot of Javascript code and sometimes advertisments too. Can anyone please help with this one ??? I need to fix this sed so it picks up the article ONLY (don't worry about the title or date .. i got... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stargazerr
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to extract only floating point numbers from HTML

Hi All, I'm trying to extract some floating point numbers from within some HTML code like this: <TR><TD class='awrc'>Parse CPU to Parse Elapsd %:</TD><TD ALIGN='right' class='awrc'> 64.50</TD><TD class='awrc'>% Non-Parse CPU:</TD><TD ALIGN='right' class='awrc'> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract URLs from HTML code using sed

Hello, i try to extract urls from google-search-results, but i have problem with sed filtering of html-code. what i wont is just list of urls thay apears between ........<p><a href=" and next following " in html code. here is my code, i use wget and pipelines to filtering. wget works, but... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: L0rd
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - striping out html tags

I have pasted the contents of a log file (swmbackup.wrkstn.1262071383.sales2a) below: Workstation: sales2a<BR Vault sales2a-hogwarts will be initialized.<BR <font color="red"There was a problem mounting /mnt/sales2a/desktop$ </FONT<BR <font color="red"There was a problem mounting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigtonydallas
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to extract HTML text data, not quite right!

I am attempting to extract weather data from the following website, but for the Victoria area only: Text Forecasts - Environment Canada I use this: sed -n "/Greater Victoria./,/Fraser Valley./p" But that phrasing does not sometimes get it all and think perhaps the website has more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagagnon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk -- Extract data from html within multiple tags as reference

Hi, I'm trying to get some data from an html file, but the problem is before it can extract the information I have multiple patterns that need to be passed through. https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/150711-extract-data-awk-html-files.html Is a similar problem. The only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: counfhou
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing HTML tags with sed

Ok, so this is stupid simple, and I know I am going to feel like an idiot when I get help. I am altering a HTML report that has contraband in it so that the links to said contraband and the images are not shown. The link/img pairs are in the form of : <a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: twjolson
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print content between two html tags

Hi Expert, Is there any other way to print and write to a same filename the content between two html tags? Here the sample: cat file.html <div id="outline"> hello world<br> </div> <div id="container_faq"> test1<br> </div> <div class="widget_quick"> thead test<br> </div> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/sed HTML extract

I'm extracting text between table tags in HTML <th><a href="/wiki/Buick_LeSabre" title="Buick LeSabre">Buick LeSabre</a></th> using this: awk -F "</*th>" '/<\/*th>/ {print $2}' auto2 > auto3 then this (text between a href): sed -e 's/\(<*>\)//g' auto3 > auto4 How to shorten this into one... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1ne
8 Replies
PARL(1) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   PARL(1)

NAME
parl - Binary PAR Loader SYNOPSIS
(Please see pp for convenient ways to make self-contained executables, scripts or PAR archives from perl programs.) To make a PAR distribution from a CPAN module distribution: % parl -p # make a PAR dist under the current path % parl -p Foo-0.01 # assume unpacked CPAN dist in Foo-0.01/ To manipulate a PAR distribution: % parl -i Foo-0.01-i386-freebsd-5.8.0.par # install % parl -i http://foo.com/Foo-0.01 # auto-appends archname + perlver % parl -i cpan://AUTRIJUS/PAR-0.74 # uses CPAN author directory % parl -u Foo-0.01-i386-freebsd-5.8.0.par # uninstall % parl -s Foo-0.01-i386-freebsd-5.8.0.par # sign % parl -v Foo-0.01-i386-freebsd-5.8.0.par # verify To use Hello.pm from ./foo.par: % parl -A./foo.par -MHello % parl -A./foo -MHello # the .par part is optional Same thing, but search foo.par in the @INC; % parl -Ifoo.par -MHello % parl -Ifoo -MHello # ditto Run test.pl or script/test.pl from foo.par: % parl foo.par test.pl # looks for 'main.pl' by default, # otherwise run 'test.pl' To make a self-containing executable containing a PAR file : % parl -O./foo foo.par % ./foo test.pl # same as above To embed the necessary non-core modules and shared objects for PAR's execution (like "Zlib", "IO", "Cwd", etc), use the -b flag: % parl -b -O./foo foo.par % ./foo test.pl # runs anywhere with core modules installed If you also wish to embed core modules along, use the -B flag instead: % parl -B -O./foo foo.par % ./foo test.pl # runs anywhere with the perl interpreter This is particularly useful when making stand-alone binary executables; see pp for details. DESCRIPTION
This stand-alone command offers roughly the same feature as "perl -MPAR", except that it takes the pre-loaded .par files via "-Afoo.par" instead of "-MPAR=foo.par". Additionally, it lets you convert a CPAN distribution to a PAR distribution, as well as manipulate such distributions. For more information about PAR distributions, see PAR::Dist. You can use it to run .par files: # runs script/run.pl in archive, uses its lib/* as libraries % parl myapp.par run.pl # runs run.pl or script/run.pl in myapp.par % parl otherapp.pl # also runs normal perl scripts However, if the .par archive contains either main.pl or script/main.pl, it is used instead: % parl myapp.par run.pl # runs main.pl, with 'run.pl' as @ARGV Finally, the "-O" option makes a stand-alone binary executable from a PAR file: % parl -B -Omyapp myapp.par % ./myapp # run it anywhere without perl binaries With the "--par-options" flag, generated binaries can act as "parl" to pack new binaries: % ./myapp --par-options -Omyap2 myapp.par # identical to ./myapp % ./myapp --par-options -Omyap3 myap3.par # now with different PAR For an explanation of stand-alone executable format, please see par.pl. SEE ALSO
PAR, PAR::Dist, par.pl, pp AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org> <http://par.perl.org/> is the official PAR website. You can write to the mailing list at <par@perl.org>, or send an empty mail to <par-subscribe@perl.org> to participate in the discussion. Please submit bug reports to <bug-par@rt.cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2002-2009 by Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org>. Neither this program nor the associated pp program impose any licensing restrictions on files generated by their execution, in accordance with the 8th article of the Artistic License: "Aggregation of this Package with a commercial distribution is always permitted provided that the use of this Package is embedded; that is, when no overt attempt is made to make this Package's interfaces visible to the end user of the commercial distribution. Such use shall not be construed as a distribution of this Package." Therefore, you are absolutely free to place any license on the resulting executable, as long as the packed 3rd-party libraries are also available under the Artistic License. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.18.2 2012-01-06 PARL(1)