Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reducing threads on T5140
Operating Systems Solaris Reducing threads on T5140 Post 302604185 by jlliagre on Saturday 3rd of March 2012 01:11:13 PM
Old 03-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
the T series server are slow in single threaded performance.
It wouldn't help in the OP case but note this is no more true with the last generation (SPARC T4) ones.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

reducing /usr HP-UX 11i

Hi, I've entered the HP-UX 11i server in single user mode, and increased the filesystem /usr by mistake using lvextend -l 3092 /dev/vg00/lvol7 extendfs /dev/vg00/rlvol7 I put small letter "l" instead of "L". and as a result of this mistake the /usr take all the free space in the volume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elshamy_s
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to get to a OK prompt on new SUN T5140

Hi, I have a brand new SUN T5140 machine. I am trying to install Solaris 10 on the box. When I go to the machine using a KVM session I can see a blank screen , how can I get to the OK prompt to start the installation. Thanks, Suresh (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem using default account with ILOM on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140

Hi, I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 and I can't access it via serial port using preconfigured administrator account, as described in Sun Integrated Lights Out Manager 2.0 User's Guide: I'm always receive "Login incorrect" message. I'm really confused! Does anyone experience such circumstances?... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Serial port on the T5140

What is the serial port on the T5140 used for. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgsanders
4 Replies

5. Solaris

T5140 and zones

Hi, I need configure this server for two zones (oracle and glassfish). Server has 2CPU 8cores = 128vcpu and 16 GB RAM. I am interested in mainly the division of the processor and memory. What was the configuration that best for Oracle zones? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Bind hang up when process is reaching to 500 Mb, Solaris 10u8, Sun T5140

Hi all, I use latest bind 9.6.1, brand-new T5140 Sun Server, 10u8 Solaris OS, Mar-2010 OS patch to configure a caching dns server. But bind always hang up when process/cache is reaching to 500 Mb ( Though 'prstat -a' check ) Can anyone help me a solution for this problem, i will greatly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Suggestions for new T5140

I've been busy and fell behind on Sun/Oracle. Forgive me if too basic. I welcome brief, cryptic, or advanced replies. I also welcome noobie information since I may have no clue what's up at the moment. Problem statement: I inherited a computer to set up. I would rather not figure out 8 months... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nevyn
1 Replies

8. Solaris

This must be the dumbest question ever posted -T5140 power button

I have a T5140 and cannot find the power switch -is there an on/off button? Good grief ! Thank you in advance. joe (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
3 Replies

9. AIX

Reducing / on rootvg

The root filesystem was mirrored, someone/something stopped mirroring, and increased / and /home to ridiculous values (/ got increased to 102gb and its only using 4.3gb, so 98gb is free). Can I reduce the / (/dev/hd4) filesytem down WITHOUT corrupting the the OS? I would do a: chfs -a size=10g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
6 Replies
GFSCHED(1)																GFSCHED(1)

NAME
gfsched - schedule and display available file system nodes SYNOPSIS
gfsched -f gfarm-URL [ -D domain-name ] [ -n number ] [ -LMclw ] gfsched [ -P gfarm-URL ] [ -D domain-name ] [ -n number ] [ -LMlw ] DESCRIPTION
The gfsched command with the -f gfarm-URL option displays available file system nodes which have a file replica of the specified gfarm-URL. When the -f gfarm-URL option is not specified, the gfsched command just displays available file system nodes. In this case, you can spec- ify a metadata server by the -P gfarm-URL option, if necessary. OPTIONS
-D domain-name Limits file system node by specifying a domain name or a hostname. -c Displays scheduling information for a file creation, if the file specified by -f doesn't exist. Currently, this option creates the specified file. But please note that this behavior may be changed in future. -L Suppresses authentication check. Without this option, the scheduler checks whether the user will be successfully authenticated with the hosts or not. This option omits the check to make scheduling faster, but that creates a risk that hosts which fail authentica- tion with the user may be scheduled. -M Suppresses client-side scheduling and only performs metadata-server-side scheduling. This option makes scheduling faster, but also creates a risk that hosts which is network-unreachable or fails authentication with the user may be scheduled. -P gfarm-URL Specifies a gfarm-URL or a pathname to identify a metadata server which is used for the scheduling. This option conflicts with the -f option. -f gfarm-URL The gfsched command schedules file system nodes which have a replica of a file specified by this option. This option conflicts with the -P option. -l Long format. This option displays port numbers as well as hostnames. Note that the display format of this option may be changed in future. -n number Displays specified number of file system nodes at most. If this option is not specified, it displays all available nodes. -w Schedules with write-mode. When this option is specified, file system nodes which don't have enough free space won't be displayed. When both this option and the -f are specified, and if the file is already opened by an existing process with write-mode, the gfsched command only displays one file system node which is assigned for writing to the file. -? Displays a list of command options. EXAMPLES
The following is an example to inquire file system nodes that the metadata server thinks they are currently working. $ gfsched -M Gfarm 28 December 2010 GFSCHED(1)