Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reducing threads on T5140
Operating Systems Solaris Reducing threads on T5140 Post 302604132 by VENKITACHALAMS8 on Saturday 3rd of March 2012 08:27:13 AM
Old 03-03-2012
Thank you !!! I will go through the link. Will creating processor set and binding processes to it help in any extent?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

reducing /usr HP-UX 11i

Hi, I've entered the HP-UX 11i server in single user mode, and increased the filesystem /usr by mistake using lvextend -l 3092 /dev/vg00/lvol7 extendfs /dev/vg00/rlvol7 I put small letter "l" instead of "L". and as a result of this mistake the /usr take all the free space in the volume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elshamy_s
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to get to a OK prompt on new SUN T5140

Hi, I have a brand new SUN T5140 machine. I am trying to install Solaris 10 on the box. When I go to the machine using a KVM session I can see a blank screen , how can I get to the OK prompt to start the installation. Thanks, Suresh (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem using default account with ILOM on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140

Hi, I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 and I can't access it via serial port using preconfigured administrator account, as described in Sun Integrated Lights Out Manager 2.0 User's Guide: I'm always receive "Login incorrect" message. I'm really confused! Does anyone experience such circumstances?... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Serial port on the T5140

What is the serial port on the T5140 used for. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgsanders
4 Replies

5. Solaris

T5140 and zones

Hi, I need configure this server for two zones (oracle and glassfish). Server has 2CPU 8cores = 128vcpu and 16 GB RAM. I am interested in mainly the division of the processor and memory. What was the configuration that best for Oracle zones? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Bind hang up when process is reaching to 500 Mb, Solaris 10u8, Sun T5140

Hi all, I use latest bind 9.6.1, brand-new T5140 Sun Server, 10u8 Solaris OS, Mar-2010 OS patch to configure a caching dns server. But bind always hang up when process/cache is reaching to 500 Mb ( Though 'prstat -a' check ) Can anyone help me a solution for this problem, i will greatly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Suggestions for new T5140

I've been busy and fell behind on Sun/Oracle. Forgive me if too basic. I welcome brief, cryptic, or advanced replies. I also welcome noobie information since I may have no clue what's up at the moment. Problem statement: I inherited a computer to set up. I would rather not figure out 8 months... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nevyn
1 Replies

8. Solaris

This must be the dumbest question ever posted -T5140 power button

I have a T5140 and cannot find the power switch -is there an on/off button? Good grief ! Thank you in advance. joe (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
3 Replies

9. AIX

Reducing / on rootvg

The root filesystem was mirrored, someone/something stopped mirroring, and increased / and /home to ridiculous values (/ got increased to 102gb and its only using 4.3gb, so 98gb is free). Can I reduce the / (/dev/hd4) filesytem down WITHOUT corrupting the the OS? I would do a: chfs -a size=10g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
6 Replies
td_ta_get_nthreads(3C_DB)				Threads Debugging Library Functions				 td_ta_get_nthreads(3C_DB)

NAME
td_ta_get_nthreads - gets the total number of threads in a process for libc_db SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lc_db [ library... ] #include <proc_service.h> #include <thread_db.h> td_err_e td_ta_get_nthreads(const td_thragent_t *ta_p, int *nthread_p); DESCRIPTION
The td_ta_get_nthreads() function returns the total number of threads in process ta_p, including any system threads. System threads are those created by libc or libc_db on its own behalf. The number of threads is written into *nthread_p. RETURN VALUES
TD_OK The call completed successfully. TD_BADTA An invalid internal process handle was passed in. TD_BADPH There is a NULL external process handle associated with this internal process handle. TD_DBERR A call to one of the imported interface routines failed. TD_ERR The nthread_p argument was NULL, or a libc_db internal error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libc_db(3LIB), attributes(5), threads(5) SunOS 5.10 20 Oct 1998 td_ta_get_nthreads(3C_DB)