Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reducing threads on T5140
Operating Systems Solaris Reducing threads on T5140 Post 302604130 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 3rd of March 2012 08:14:42 AM
Old 03-03-2012
reducing the threads will not help to speed up performance... the T series server are slow in single threaded performance. the M series is much faster in single threaded tasks then a T server. you might have the wrong server for your kind of workload.

however, you can reduce the threads used for a certain process with "projects". have a look here:
https://www.princeton.edu/~unix/Sola...t/resmgmt.html
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

reducing /usr HP-UX 11i

Hi, I've entered the HP-UX 11i server in single user mode, and increased the filesystem /usr by mistake using lvextend -l 3092 /dev/vg00/lvol7 extendfs /dev/vg00/rlvol7 I put small letter "l" instead of "L". and as a result of this mistake the /usr take all the free space in the volume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elshamy_s
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to get to a OK prompt on new SUN T5140

Hi, I have a brand new SUN T5140 machine. I am trying to install Solaris 10 on the box. When I go to the machine using a KVM session I can see a blank screen , how can I get to the OK prompt to start the installation. Thanks, Suresh (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem using default account with ILOM on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140

Hi, I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 and I can't access it via serial port using preconfigured administrator account, as described in Sun Integrated Lights Out Manager 2.0 User's Guide: I'm always receive "Login incorrect" message. I'm really confused! Does anyone experience such circumstances?... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Serial port on the T5140

What is the serial port on the T5140 used for. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgsanders
4 Replies

5. Solaris

T5140 and zones

Hi, I need configure this server for two zones (oracle and glassfish). Server has 2CPU 8cores = 128vcpu and 16 GB RAM. I am interested in mainly the division of the processor and memory. What was the configuration that best for Oracle zones? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Bind hang up when process is reaching to 500 Mb, Solaris 10u8, Sun T5140

Hi all, I use latest bind 9.6.1, brand-new T5140 Sun Server, 10u8 Solaris OS, Mar-2010 OS patch to configure a caching dns server. But bind always hang up when process/cache is reaching to 500 Mb ( Though 'prstat -a' check ) Can anyone help me a solution for this problem, i will greatly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Suggestions for new T5140

I've been busy and fell behind on Sun/Oracle. Forgive me if too basic. I welcome brief, cryptic, or advanced replies. I also welcome noobie information since I may have no clue what's up at the moment. Problem statement: I inherited a computer to set up. I would rather not figure out 8 months... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nevyn
1 Replies

8. Solaris

This must be the dumbest question ever posted -T5140 power button

I have a T5140 and cannot find the power switch -is there an on/off button? Good grief ! Thank you in advance. joe (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
3 Replies

9. AIX

Reducing / on rootvg

The root filesystem was mirrored, someone/something stopped mirroring, and increased / and /home to ridiculous values (/ got increased to 102gb and its only using 4.3gb, so 98gb is free). Can I reduce the / (/dev/hd4) filesytem down WITHOUT corrupting the the OS? I would do a: chfs -a size=10g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
6 Replies
XInitThreads(3) 						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						   XInitThreads(3)

NAME
XInitThreads, XLockDisplay, XUnlockDisplay - multi-threading support SYNTAX
Status XInitThreads(void); void XLockDisplay(Display *display); void XUnlockDisplay(Display *display); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. DESCRIPTION
The XInitThreads function initializes Xlib support for concurrent threads. This function must be the first Xlib function a multi-threaded program calls, and it must complete before any other Xlib call is made. This function returns a nonzero status if initialization was suc- cessful; otherwise, it returns zero. On systems that do not support threads, this function always returns zero. It is only necessary to call this function if multiple threads might use Xlib concurrently. If all calls to Xlib functions are protected by some other access mechanism (for example, a mutual exclusion lock in a toolkit or through explicit client programming), Xlib thread ini- tialization is not required. It is recommended that single-threaded programs not call this function. The XLockDisplay function locks out all other threads from using the specified display. Other threads attempting to use the display will block until the display is unlocked by this thread. Nested calls to XLockDisplay work correctly; the display will not actually be unlocked until XUnlockDisplay has been called the same number of times as XLockDisplay. This function has no effect unless Xlib was successfully initialized for threads using XInitThreads. The XUnlockDisplay function allows other threads to use the specified display again. Any threads that have blocked on the display are allowed to continue. Nested locking works correctly; if XLockDisplay has been called multiple times by a thread, then XUnlockDisplay must be called an equal number of times before the display is actually unlocked. This function has no effect unless Xlib was successfully ini- tialized for threads using XInitThreads. SEE ALSO
Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XInitThreads(3)