Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX how to check AIO running on /usr2 Post 302604072 by zxmaus on Friday 2nd of March 2012 11:15:46 PM
Old 03-03-2012
yes your filesystem is jfs2
and if the application running on your box is capable to use AIO and has to access /usr2 than it will do so in async mode if required (a DB for example)
Regards
zxmaus
This User Gave Thanks to zxmaus For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check if deamons are running

Does anyone know if there is a UNIX-tool available that constantly will check if (some specific) deamons are running and will notify (via email) if one has failed/stopped? I searched the web, but so far didn't find anything. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: W2W
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

How to enable AIO and DIO on rhel5 64bit?

Hi Friends, Please help me to understand, how to enable async disk IO and Direct disk IO in ext3 filesystem on rhel5. Regards, Arumon (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if Process is running

Hi , I have a csh code below which check the process if it's running. Can any expert advise me on the following: 1) what does this notationmean ">!" and how is it different from the append ">" notation ? 2) how does "setenv" work in this code ? # Check whether there is a running... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to check if process is running?

Hi I would like to check if an instance of a script is already running. I've seen many different examples, but I haven't the slightest idea as to how to do this. Can you please help. Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to check if the process is running

Hi, I check if the process is running or not using the below. /usr/ucb/ps auxww | grep 109 |grep rmi | awk '{print $2}' 9718 Thus we see 9718 is the PID. It return blank if the process is not running. I need to perform some action if the process is not running and leave it if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
8 Replies

6. AIX

AIO on AIX 6.1

I understand that AIO is not something that you turn on in AIX 6.1 but I am getting a request to turn on posix aio. I am guessing a value of 0 means it's off but not sure. root@foobar:/> ioo -a | grep active aio_active = 1 posix_aio_active = 0 When I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: juredd1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check to see if script is already running

Happy New Year Is there a quick way to check to see if a script is already running. I want to put in a check in the script to exit, if already running. Currerntly i can only think of doing it the following way. # ps -ef | grep -i 3_HOUSEKEEPING_FFTVTL_TO_FFTDSSU_DUPLICATION.ksh |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Running Processes

I want to check how many processes are running with same names and get their respective counts. ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort -u | awk '{print $2": "$1}' Output would look like : $ ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort | uniq -c | awk '{print $2":... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
8 Replies
AIO(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  AIO(3pm)

NAME
Coro::AIO - truly asynchronous file and directory I/O SYNOPSIS
use Coro::AIO; # can now use any of the aio requests your IO::AIO module supports. # read 1MB of /etc/passwd, without blocking other coroutines my $fh = aio_open "/etc/passwd", O_RDONLY, 0 or die "/etc/passwd: $!"; aio_read $fh, 0, 1_000_000, my $buf, 0 or die "aio_read: $!"; aio_close $fh; DESCRIPTION
This module is an AnyEvent user, you need to make sure that you use and run a supported event loop. This module implements a thin wrapper around IO::AIO. All of the functions that expect a callback are being wrapped by this module. The API is exactly the same as that of the corresponding IO::AIO routines, except that you have to specify all arguments, even the ones optional in IO::AIO, except the callback argument. Instead of calling a callback, the routines return the values normally passed to the callback. Everything else, including $! and perls stat cache, are set as expected after these functions return. You can mix calls to "IO::AIO" functions with calls to this module. You must not, however, call these routines from within IO::AIO callbacks, as this causes a deadlock. Start a coro inside the callback instead. This module also loads AnyEvent::AIO to integrate into the event loop in use, so please refer to its (and AnyEvent's) documentation on how it selects an appropriate event module. All other functions exported by default by IO::AIO (e.g. "aioreq_pri") will be exported by default by Coro::AIO, too. Functions that can be optionally imported from IO::AIO can be imported from Coro::AIO or can be called directly, e.g. "Coro::AIO::nreqs". You cannot specify priorities with "aioreq_pri" if your coroutine has a non-zero priority, as this module overwrites the request priority with the current coroutine priority in that case. For your convenience, here are the changed function signatures for most of the requests, for documentation of these functions please have a look at IO::AIO. Note that requests added by newer versions of IO::AIO will be automatically wrapped as well. @results = aio_wait $req This is not originally an IO::AIO request: what it does is to wait for $req to finish and return the results. This is most useful with "aio_group" requests. Is currently implemented by replacing the $req callback (and is very much like a wrapper around "$req->cb ()"). $fh = aio_open $pathname, $flags, $mode $status = aio_close $fh $retval = aio_read $fh,$offset,$length, $data,$dataoffset $retval = aio_write $fh,$offset,$length, $data,$dataoffset $retval = aio_sendfile $out_fh, $in_fh, $in_offset, $length $retval = aio_readahead $fh,$offset,$length $status = aio_stat $fh_or_path $status = aio_lstat $fh $status = aio_unlink $pathname $status = aio_rmdir $pathname $entries = aio_readdir $pathname ($dirs, $nondirs) = aio_scandir $path, $maxreq $status = aio_fsync $fh $status = aio_fdatasync $fh ... = aio_xxx ... Any additional aio requests follow the same scheme: same parameters except you must not specify a callback but instead get the callback arguments as return values. SEE ALSO
Coro::Socket and Coro::Handle for non-blocking socket operation. AUTHOR
Marc Lehmann <schmorp@schmorp.de> http://home.schmorp.de/ perl v5.14.2 2012-04-13 AIO(3pm)