Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Difficulty with a couple commands porting from korn shell to bash Post 302603708 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 1st of March 2012 09:04:58 PM
Old 03-01-2012
What does ls -l /test/apps/mstr/bin/mstrconnectwiz say?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

KORN Shell - Spawn new shell with commands

I want to be able to run a script on one server, that will spawn another shell which runs some commands on another server.. I have seen some code that may help - but I cant get it working as below: spawn /usr/bin/ksh send "telnet x <port_no>\r" expect "Enter command: " send "LOGIN:x:x;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

korn shell to bash - statement not working

Everything else seems to be working, but this isn't. Is it the "cat..." that is wrong of the condition? Thanks. cat tc_result.txt | while read LINE do if then let "files_run += 1"; echo "inside the if loop" # save current filetype case $LINE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brdholman
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what are some different commands in c shell and korn shell??

I am doing this simple script using c shell and korn shell. The commands I use are fgrep , ls, and also some redirecting. Is there any difference in using both of these commands in c shell and korn shell? Thanks and sorry for the stupid question. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EquinoX
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in running bash shell commands on HP-UX machine

Hello All, After login to the server we are explicitly calling /usr/local/bin/bash to activate bash shell properly. But since commands are not executing properly so I think it is not initialized well. I am facing following problems: 1) If I want to have a look on a particular file using tail... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek0071
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameters passed to commands but not working in Bash shell

Hi, I am trying to do this thing useing my shell bash ( sorry for my english ) I have in a file 63 hostnames, i wanna ask to the DHCP admin, to reserv that reserves 63 IP addresses of this hosts, using their mac address. I have thinked this script: for ((i=1;i<63;i++)); do arp $(head... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cypress
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] run a shell who runs commands

Hi all. On X11 I'm on a shell ...shell_1 (/bin/bash). From here I want to open another shell window shell_2 who executes commands like "ls -l" or programs like ". /program"... so the "result" of commands shows in shell_2 window and not in shell_1. Is that possible ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerold
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to understand a couple of Shell Logic

Hi, I am trying what the following loop does : for i in XYZ do for j in M1 R1 R2 R3 do if then kList="" n=1 while do kList="$kList $n" let n++ done There are a couple of loop as mentioned above for R1.R2.R3. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnprince1980
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Korn Shell to Linux Bash

Migrating Unix batch jobs (Korn Shell) running in HP-UX server to Linux environment. Hi All Please help me to understand the easiest way to migrate Kernel Shell scripts to Linux Bash. Also let me know 1. Any automated scripts or tools available for this. 2. Challenges and issues... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpremesh
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Run automated bash commands from sh login shell

I use plink.exe to automate remote commands that return data to Windows machines. This works well on newer servers running Red Hat since the commands were developed for bash and the designated user's login shell is bash. I need to also support older servers which are running Solaris 10 but the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: randman1
5 Replies
ideviceinstaller(1)					      General Commands Manual					       ideviceinstaller(1)

NAME
ideviceinstaller - Manage iDevice apps SYNOPSIS
ideviceinstaller [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Allows to install, upgrade, uninstall, archive, restore and enumerate installed or archived apps on iDevices. OPTIONS
General options: -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -U, --uuid UUID target specific device by its 40-digit device UUID. -h, --help prints usage information Commands: -l, --list-apps list apps installed on the device. Additional options: -o list_user list user apps only (apps installed by the user) This is the default. -o list_system list system apps only (apps available from the system firmware) -o list_all list all types of apps -o xml print output in xml format (PList) -i, --install ARCHIVE install app from a package file specified by ARCHIVE. -u, --uninstall APPID uninstall app specified by APPID. -g, --upgrade APPID upgrade app specified by APPID. -r, --restore APPID restore archived app specified by APPID. -L, --list-archives list archived applications on the device. Additional options: -o xml print output in xml format (PList) -a, --archive APPID archive app specified by APPID. Additional options: -o uninstall uninstall the package after making an archive -o app_only archive application data only -o copy=PATH copy the app archive to directory PATH when done -o remove only valid when copy=PATH is used: remove after copy -R, --remove-archive APPID remove app archive specified by APPID. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Martin Szulecki. ideviceinstaller(1)