Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Total RAM not recognised
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Total RAM not recognised Post 302603551 by codemaniac on Thursday 1st of March 2012 09:53:57 AM
Old 03-01-2012
for 32 bit OS architectures , technically a process can access 2^32 of memory space .
Means 4 gigs .But with PAE feature of the kernel allows a process to use more memory .

Physical Address Extension (PAE) is a feature to allow (32-bit) x86 processors to access a physical address space (including random access memory and memory mapped devices) larger than 4 gigabytes.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Total ram

Hi How can i find the total ram in the system? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orca
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New hdd not being recognised properly by OS

I've just replaced the secondary disk drive (was 4 Gb) with a Seagate Barracuda 7200 200 Gb. However the OS seems to think this is only 500 Mb and a spin speed of 5400, although it correctly recognises the drive as Seagate ST3200822A. I take it that it still thinks the old drive is attached.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wiggiesworld
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

How should I know the total RAM available on UNIX

Hi How Should I know the Total RAM available on HP-UX box? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: skull123
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep running total/ final total across multiple files

Ok, another fun hiccup in my UNIX learning curve. I am trying to count the number of occurrences of an IP address across multiple files named example.hits. I can extract the number of occurrences from the files individually but when you use grep -c with multiple files you get the output similar to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrAd
5 Replies

5. AIX

New disk not being recognised

Hi, I've replaced hdisk0 in a Blade server but am having problems re-enabling the mirror as it appears the configuration database is not recognising the new disk. The first 2 steps to re-enable the mirror fail: $ extendvg rootvg hdisk0 0516-008 extendvg: LVM system call returned an unknown... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

View the Server Total Ram in GB

Hello, I want to view server RAM in GB i.e 4 GB or 6 GB via command line to use it in bash script waiting Any Ideas :) Thanks :):) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxCommandos
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read total RAM in GBs?

I am aware of the commands to find the total RAM on Linux and Unix for example vmstat. Can you please tell me which tool / command can give me the Total RAM reading in GBs on Solaris Unix and Linux ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
JMKMF(1)						      General Commands Manual							  JMKMF(1)

NAME
jmkmf - runs jmake with the correct options SYNOPSIS
jmkmf [ top-level dir [ current dir ] ] DESCRIPTION
Jmkmf is a wrapper which calls jmake with the correct options, defining the symbols TOPDIR (location of the top-level directory) and CURDIR (current directory). The generated Makefile.SH is then ran through /bin/sh to produce a Makefile. Jmkmf is useful when you generate a makefile for the first time. When ran without arguments, jmkmf will scan the directories upwards, looking for a .package file marking the top of your sources. It will then derive the top-level directory and the name of the current directory by itself. Once you have a Makefile.SH generated by jmake, and have run Configure already, you can use make Makefile.SH to build the Makefile.SH again and make Makefile to run the Makefile.SH through /bin/sh. To use the recursive commands, you have to append an 's' at the end of the name as in make Makefiles.SH and make Makefiles. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> FILES
Jmakefile High level description of makefile The file marking the top of your package tree SEE ALSO
jmake(1), packinit(1). ram JMKMF(1)