Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VPN on an online server
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers VPN on an online server Post 302603204 by chebarbudo on Wednesday 29th of February 2012 10:02:57 AM
Old 02-29-2012
VPN on an online server

Hi there,

Believe it or not, the word VPN doesn't give any search result in the forum.

I'm trying to get started with VPN.
I'm currently in the process of setting up a server.
I found a lot of howtos on the web.

There's still one thing that I'm not sure of.
My plan is to setup the VPN on an online server.
I mean a dedicated server hosted at OVH with a public IP like 91.121.101.109.
Then, I want several servers, hosted in various offices (behind internet boxes) to connect to the main server and thus becoming accessible to one each other.

I've already prepared every office to be in a different network range (10.0.1.X, 10.0.2.X, 10.0.3.X, etc.) to avoid conflicts.
But then how can I assign the address say 10.0.0.1 to the main server given that it only has one NIC with IP 91.121.101.109.

Thanks for your help
Santiago

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 - vpn server

I would like to setup my solaris 10 x86 system as a vpn server. I can't seem to find any good links on setting it up. Do you guys have some links that could walk me thru on setting up the vpn server so that windows clients can connect to it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Cisco IOS VPN server IKE

How do I tell if Cisco IOS VPN server IKE is running on my solaris 10 system (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgsanders
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help explaining how to use a VPN on a UNIX server with a Mac OS

I have gotten a gig to teach someone how to use a VPN client for a UNIX server on a MAC os. The problem is I have never used UNIX, dont mess with VPN's (my dad has a VPN that I have used a couple of times). I'm currently taking a crash course on UNIX but I was wondering if anyone could help me with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psycopuppy
0 Replies

4. AIX

Help Me - AIX server connect to a VPN network

Hi, I have a task requested by my boss to create a script to enable a server to connect to a vpn network and then to connect to another server to upload some data... How can I connect to a vpn network from AIX server? via telnet? ssh? I have tried to google but mostly the answers are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mushr00m
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Cisco VPN server and client - connection drop

I have a Cisco 1841 router configured as Easy VPN Server. Here is the configuration of the router: Cisco# Cisco#show running-config Building configuration... Current configura - Pastebin.com I have a Centos 5.7 server with installed Cisco VPN client for Linux. The client successfully... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcbandit
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Can Solaris VPN to a Server without breaking it's other networking rules !?

Hi All, Actually a very basic question this one. I've got a Solaris 10 x86 server box on a network. There are a group of other servers I need to connect to from it, but via a VPN connection. If I install a vpn client on my solaris box, can I configure the VPN connection so it only routes certain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mikecouk
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

VPN Server & Client

First of all, hello. I have a problem installing a vpn server and client. My server is a computer running windows 7, and windows, running a virtual machine running debian. In the debian system, I've the vpn server installed (SoftEther VPN Server) The problems come when I try to connect to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blues23
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Choosing VPN server based on server response times

Hello all, I am using the VPN provider Private Internet Access. I am using the Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB of RAM, performance on this upgraded board is great. Anyways I am connecting to its service using systemd's openvpn-client @ US_New_York_City.service I wonder if I can create a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: haloslayer255
5 Replies
SECVPN(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SECVPN(1)

NAME
secvpn - Control the Secure Virtual Private Network SYNOPSIS
secvpn [-v][-n][-s][-r] start|stop|routedel|routeadd|test|status [Host] DESCRIPTION
Secvpn builds a virtual private network (vpn) as defined in /etc/network/secvpn.conf. The vpn uses encryption based on ssh security. Before secvpn can be used you have to create some prerequisites. See PREREQUISITES below. The following subcommands may be used with secvpn: start is used to start the vpn. Secvpn will add new ppp interfaces necessary to make the vpn work, but will not automatically add routes (see the routeadd option below). If the recursive option is set, secvpn will log into the passive hosts and run "secvpn -r start" on them too. stop is used to stop the vpn. routeadd is used to setup new routing entries based on secvpn.conf. Secvpn will first add the route active->passive, then tell the passive host to add the route back. The route in the passive host will be added according to the configuration file there (in the passive host), so if the configuration files differ, things will not work. routedel will delete the routing entries built with routeadd. test checks whether the ppp interface is used to reach O_CRYPT_IP. status same as test, but checks all vpns if no host is named (instead of only active vpns as 'test' does). OPTIONS
-v verbose output -n do nothing -s be silent -r work recursive PREREQUISITES
Before secvpn can be used you have to enable passwordless ssh access for user "secvpn" from the initiator secvpn pc to the target secvpn pc. Use authorized_ keys or RhostsRSAAuthentication with the .shosts file. Have a look to the ssh - manpages for more information. Before secvpn can be used you have to give root rights for specific commands to the user "secvpn". This can be done with the followin com- mand: echo "secvpn ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/secvpn, /usr/sbin/pppd" >>/etc/sudoers Before secvpn can be used you have to edit /etc/secvon.conf. See secvpn.conf(4). EXAMPLES
There are 3 examples in /usr/share/doc/secvpn/examples: Example1: secvpn acts as router connection 2 subnets Example2: secvpn having one lan-card and connect 2 subnets Example3: secvpn having one lan-card and connect 11 subnets in a tree structure OTHER
To have real security it is necessary to secure each secvpn host and to have firewalls on each secvpn host allowing only selected IP- Adresses and Ports to pass through the VPN. AUTHOR
Bernd Schumacher, HP Consulting, HEWLETT-PACKARD GmbH, Bad Homburg, 2000-2005 COPYRIGHT
Copyright: Most recent version of the GPL. On Debian GNU/Linux systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in "/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL". SEE ALSO
secvpn(1) secvpnmon(1) ssh(1) timeout(1) secvpn.conf(4) secvpn August 2000 SECVPN(1)