Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script for creating log file and sending mail? Post 302603108 by san_dy123 on Wednesday 29th of February 2012 05:01:03 AM
Old 02-29-2012
Hi DGPickett,
Again I would like to thank you for your help and explanation….
The requirement is something like that; I am getting a file every month which need to be compare with the last month file.
1. New File is storing in some location in zip formate.I wanted to unzip that and store in some other location.
2. Old file is available in other location like archive folder. Which is used for comparison with new file?
3. I wanted to compare this two file and create the log and send sending the mail. Which is working?
4. After this process overwrite the old file with the new for next month comparison.
One more help: could you please explain the first line of the code which you provided.
export zid=$(date "+MissingFiles-%Y-%m-%d-%H%M%S") LC_ALL=C

Looking for the help on this issue.

Thanks....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a shell script for creating a log file

I have a schell script that runs continously on an AIX system. It is actually started from another shell script with the "ksh -x" command and then I just write the output to a log file. This causes the log files to be filled with mostly useless information. I would like to modify this script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending a mail using shell script

Please help me in writing the script for sending an attachment through email.(For example my text file name is :abc.txt and it is in directory d:/abc) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anitha126
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for sending automatic email to personal mail id

hi guys, I need a shell script to send mail automatically to my personal mail id like xxxx@hotmail.com but while experimenting with "mail" command I faced following problems. cat text1.txt | mail -s 'test mail' xxxx@hotmail.com command successfully executed but while checking for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
4 Replies

4. Linux

Memory monitoring and sending alert mail to users in network using shell script

i m workiing on a shell script which may monitors network memory and send alert to user if it increase a threshold (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navdeep5673
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file and sending mail by shell scripting?

hi I need help urgently...i need to write a shell script which can solve the following problem....its urgent plz help me out coz m totally newbie in shell scripting.... the problem is: Suppose I have a folder called logs. whenever some error occurs some correspondence error file is generated. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script not sending mail

Hi, I have shell script which checks the filesystem check but does not send the mail. I might be missing something very simple.. could you please help? #!/bin/sh _servers="machine name" _out="/tmp/output.$$" _email="me@there.com" _sub="Disk Space Report $(date)" _mail=/usr/bin/mail... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pandee
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail from shell script

Hello All, I m trying to send mail from my unix script, I have used the below command mailx -s 'hi' email address < temp.txt It is not giving me any error,but I couldn't receive the mail Can you please help me. Many Thanks, Pragyan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prarat
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Mail via shell script

I am in need of a script that will send out emails while going through a NAT. What I have that works is as follows: display_remote_IP | sort | uniq | while read i do FOUND=0 for IP in `echo $ACCEPTABLEIP` do if ; then FOUND=1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldapguy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configuring smtp settings and then sending the mail through shell script

I have make an menu in which first option is to start and second is to stop the services echo "Please enter the appropriate choice for doing the operations" echo " 1) STOP Services 2) START Services case $choice in 1) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script for checking the last image and sending it in attachment to mail

Hello every one. I use mutt : "mpack -s "Test" /home/pi/Pictures/2018-10-05_23_10_40.jpg my_email_addres " to send me a particular picture with the name of the data+jpg in a pictures folder, but this folder I use it for a timelapse proyect with more pictures , and what I need is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxbcn
2 Replies
rmf(1mh)																  rmf(1mh)

Name
       rmf - remove folder

Syntax
       rmf [ +folder ] [ -help ] [ -[no]interactive ]

Description
       The  command  removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself.  If there are any files within the
       folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed.

You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument.  If you do not specify a folder, and cannot find  the
       current folder, asks you whether you want to delete instead.

If the current folder is removed, it makes current.

Note that the command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution.

If  the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and tells you that this has happened.  This
       provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list  and  returning  to  the  current
       folder from which the list was extracted.

Using to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder
       itself.	If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-interactive
       -nointeractive
		 Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder.  By default, deletes a folder and its messages without asking	for  confirmation.
		 If  you  specify  the	-interactive option, asks if you are sure before deleting the folder.  You are advised to use this option,
		 since when deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably.

Examples
       This example shows how asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used:
       % rmf -interactive +test
       Remove folder "test"? y

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine the user's Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       rmm(1mh)

rmf(1mh)