Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Configuring SYSLOG Server
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Configuring SYSLOG Server Post 302602944 by admin_xor on Tuesday 28th of February 2012 05:58:30 PM
Old 02-28-2012
You need to correct the syntax as this:
Code:
#rsyslog clients, Process remote messages :fromhost-ip, isequal, "10.99.55.186" /var/log/syslogclient1.log
& ~

:fromhost-ip, isequal, "10.99.55.210" /var/log/syslogclient2log
& ~

Note the ampersand and tilde and you should be fine! Smilie

I'm not a Cisco expert though I have certifications from Cisco Smilie

But as far as I remember, you can redirect Cisco router or switch's logging information to a log server with the following IOS command. You do not need to install any client on them:
Code:
enable

conf t
logging IP_OF_THE_LOG_SERVER

sh logging

But again, I would request you to verify this from your end.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring my PostFix Mail Server

Hi folks! I have a Postfix email server running on my MacOs x box. I would like to customize this automatic message to portuguese language: ============ This is the Postfix program at host myserver.com. I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned below could not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fundidor
4 Replies

2. Solaris

configuring web server

Hi, I need to configure a apache web server. My server name is www.example.com I want to use port 7001 for the http requests and not port 80. I dont want to enter the port number when trying to access this URL. that is instead of giving www.example.com:7001 ,i want to give only... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
3 Replies

3. AIX

configuring NIM server

I have never used NIM. Please help with the steps for configuring NIM server and client. thanks Pchangba (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on configuring LDAP server on solaris

HI All I need help to understand how the ldap works in Solaris 9 & Solaris 10. Kindly provide me some helpful commands related to LDAP Regards Jagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
2 Replies

5. Solaris

configuring boot server

Hi experts, I want to configure a boot server, tried googling for some document for steps and all leads to JumpStart server. Any help with be much appreciated Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

6. Linux

configuring an NTP client/server

I need to configure an NTP daemon on a "bridge-PC" connected on 2 LANs. It is expected to read the correct time on a time server on the first LAN and behave as a server for the second LAN. Can I do both the things with ntpd? In other words, is ntpd able to work as client and server at the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigjim33
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Configuring Ubuntu 9.04 as a TFTP Server

Configuring Ubuntu 9.04 as a TFTP Server Im trying to configure my Ubuntu desktop as a tftp server. I found the following instructions on how to do this. Most of the instructions I understand however Im not sure about step 2. The instructions are below: In step 2 do I create a txt file in vi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyblaylock
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Configuring syslog.conf

Hi, I would like to configure syslog linux client, syslog server is windows server. so adding on linux client in /etc/syslog.conf @hostname will work in the place of directory location. example of /etc/syslog.conf # Log all kernel messages to the console. # Logging much else clutters up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring sshd server on UNIX box

I want to configure and run sshd server on my unix box. I already have that installed. # yum -y install openssh-server openssh-clients Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, refresh-packagekit Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile * base: centos.mirror.constant.com * epel:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitalchandel
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Facing problem in configuring syslog server in Solaris

I am trying to configure central syslog server On hostA, in /etc/syslog.conf file,I am adding below line*.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit @hostB then I am restarting syslog servicesvcadm restart /system/system-log In hostA, I have already added hostB entry in /etc/hosts... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
5 Replies
ncalogd.conf(4) 						   File Formats 						   ncalogd.conf(4)

NAME
ncalogd.conf - NCA logging configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/nca/ncalogd.conf DESCRIPTION
The ncalogd.conf is used to configure Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator ("NCA") logging. The file contains two fields, key and value. The status key is used to indicate if the user wants to have NCA logging turned on. If the value of status key is enabled, then NCA logging will be turned on. If the value of the status key is disabled, then NCA logging will not be invoked. The default value is disabled. The logd_path_name key specifies the absolute pathname of the log file. The log file must be a raw device without a filesystem or a file on a local file system. The default value is /var/nca/log. logd_path_name can also contain a whitespace-delimited list of values for multiple log files to a maximum of 16. If you specify multiple log files, you must enclose the list in quotation marks ("). With multiple files, NCA logging moves to the next file on the list once the file size specified by logd_file_size has been reached. When the last file is full, NCA logging rotates back to the first file in the list. A pointer to the current log file is stored in /var/nca/current. The logd_file_size key specifies the value of the file size, in bytes, allowed for each log file specified in by the logd_path_name key. The default value is 1000000 bytes. In order to implement changes to the ncalogd.conf file, you will need to stop and start NCA logging or reboot. NCA stores logs in a binary format. Use the ncab2clf(1) utility to convert the log from a binary format to the Common Log File format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A Sample ncalogd.conf File The following is a sample ncalogd.conf file that specifies three log files: # # NCA Log Daemon Configuration File # status=enabled logd_path_name="/var/nca/log1 /var/nca/log2 /var/nca/log3" logd_file_size=1000000 Note that there is no NCA logging daemon. Logging is performed as one of the functions of the NCA software. FILES
/etc/nca/ncalogd.conf Lists configuration parameters for NCAlogging. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWncar | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ncab2clf(1), ncakmod(1), dd(1M), door_create(3DOOR), nca.if(4), ncakmod.conf(4), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.10 22 Jan 2002 ncalogd.conf(4)