Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl extract content of file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl extract content of file Post 302602907 by amlife on Tuesday 28th of February 2012 04:24:21 PM
Old 02-28-2012
Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract content from a file and insert to another file

please help for the following task... I have to extract the mac address & IP address from the file1: ... 0100004512EEF4 03 192.168.0.7 192.168.0.1 -1 ... 0100779hF5D212 03 192.168.0.8 192.168.0.1 -1 ... 0100789lF5D212 03 192.168.0.9 192.168.0.1 -1 ... ... change the format (addidng... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Content extract of a file using awk

Hi Everyone, I have a file with the below content: File1.txt ====== ### ###==> the below table was created for testing1 purpose; ### create table 123 ( field1 date, field2 char(10) primary key(field1) ); ### ###==> the below table was created... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nr_shan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from a file

My input file: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF SDGFDGSFDGSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG My... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
22 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]awk in csh to extract content from file

Please suggest a method (in c shell or any other shell) to implement following: -To read file1.txt (sample file1 given below) -To save name field in a variable <name> -To save parameter field in a variable <parameter> for ex. let a line in file1.txt be : bill height weight the extracted... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract XML content from a file

310439 2012-01-11 03:44:42,291 INFO PutServlet:? - Content of the Message is:="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><ESP_SSIA_ACC_FEED> 310440 <BATCH_ID>12345678519</BATCH_ID> 310441 <UID>3498748823</UID> 310442 <FEED_TYPE>FULL</FEED_TYPE> 310443 <MART_NAME>SSIA_DM_TRANSACTIONS</MART_NAME> 310444... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Content from a file

I have an input file with contents like: ./prbru6/12030613.LOG:24514|APPL|prbru6.8269.RTUDaemon.1|?|13:49:56|12/03/06|GMT+3|?|RTUServer Error:Count of Internal Error Qty (-1) < 0, for Audit group id - 1L5XVJ6DQE36AXL, after record number,1, File: EventAuditor.cc, Line: 394|? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Dynamically Extract file content based on Parameters from a pdf file

Hi Guru's, I am new to shell scripting. I have a unique requirement: The system generates a single pdf(/tmp/ABC.pdf) file with Invoices for Multiple Customers, the format is something like this: Page1 >> Customer 1 >>Invoice1 + invoice 2 >> Page1 end Page2 >> Customer 2 >>Invoice 3 + Invoice 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DIps
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file content in perl

Hi All, I have a file content like this. #<clear_category_list> #<include file="SUITE:Provision-FLEXPONDER_FAC.inc"> #<include file="CAT:SYSTEM:SAS_U23.inc"> #<include file="CAT:PRIORITY:10.inc"> #<include file="CAT:FAC_TYPE:OC48.inc"> #<include file="CAT:FAC_TYPE:OC192.inc">... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Extract content of .dump file

We have been provided a .dump file.The need is to extract the contents(may includes files and folder). ls -lZ didnt help me as Z is not a valid option. How to extract the file contents ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinil
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a part of variable/line content in a file

I have a variable and assigned the following values ***XYZ_201519_20150929140642_20150929140644_211_0_0_211 I need to read this variable from backward and stop read when I get first underscore (_) In this scenario I should get 211 Thanks Kris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkris
3 Replies
Mail::ListDetector(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Mail::ListDetector(3pm)

NAME
Mail::ListDetector - Perl extension for detecting mailing list messages SYNOPSIS
use Mail::ListDetector; DESCRIPTION
This module analyzes mail objects in any of the classes handled by Email::Abstract. It returns a Mail::ListDetector::List object representing the mailing list. The RFC2369 mailing list detector is also capable of matching some Mailman and Ezmlm messages. It is deliberately checked last to allow the more specific Mailman and Ezmlm parsing to happen first, and more accurately identify the type of mailing list involved. METHODS
new This method is the core of the module. Pass it a mail object, it will either return a Mail::ListDetector::List object that describes the mailing list that the message was posted to, or "undef" if it appears not to have been a mailing list post. register_plugin($plugin_name) Registers a new plugin module that might recognise lists. Should be a subclass of Mail::ListDetector::Detector::Base, and provide the same interface as the other detector modules. You can eval arbitrary perl code with this, so don't do that if that's not what you want. EMAILS USED
This module includes a number of sample emails from various mailing lists. In all cases, mails are used with permission of the author, and must not be distributed separately from this archive. If you believe I may have accidentally used your email or content without permission, contact me, and if this turns out to be the case I will immediately remove it from the latest version of the archive. BUGS
o A lot of the code applies fairly simple regular expressions to email address to extract information. This may fall over for really weird email addresses, but I'm hoping no-one will use those for names of mailing lists. o The majordomo and smartlist recognisers don't have much to go on, and therefore are probably not as reliable as the other detectors. This is liable to be hard to fix. o Forwarding messages (for example using procmail) can sometimes break the "Sender: " header information needed to recognise some list types. AUTHORS
o Michael Stevens - michael@etla.org. o Andy Turner - turner@mikomi.org. o Adam Lazur - adam@lazur.org. o Peter Oliver - p.d.oliver@mavit.freeserve.co.uk o Matthew Walker - matthew@walker.wattle.id.au o Tatsuhiko Miyagawa - miyagawa@bulknews.net o johnnnnnn - john@phaedrusdeinus.org o Mik Firestone - mik@racerx.homedns.org o Simon Cozens - simon@simon-cozens.org SEE ALSO
perl(1). The Mail::Audit::List module, which is a convenient way of using Mail::Audit and Mail::ListDetector together. perl v5.10.1 2010-06-30 Mail::ListDetector(3pm)