Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Set up CRON
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Set up CRON Post 302602726 by cero on Tuesday 28th of February 2012 06:59:53 AM
Old 02-28-2012
One way without a wrapper script and temporary file could be checking if the number of weeks since 1970-01-01 is divisible by 3. The crontab entry for every 3rd monday at 9 am:
Code:
0 9 * * 1  [ $((`date +%s` / 60 / 60 / 24 / 7 % 3)) -eq 0 ] && /path/to/your/script

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set up cron permission in Sun

Under this directory: /var/spool/cron/crontabs/ I have the following users: adm lp oracle root sys uucp I believe who are able to start a cron job. I am trying to create a cronjob under user banjob so that it can delete files older than 30 days. How can I add user banjob... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set classpath in cron

i have written shell script that script has path to java programwhen irun this script in terminal i get the output but when irun in cron it gives me eror.plz send me code to set classpath #! /bin/bash javac Copy.java /usr/bin/java Copy plz help me out how should i write classpath... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sari
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re : Set multiple cron jobs in one crontab file

Hello All, Hopw all is fine. I am newbie to Unix. I am using Bourne Shell (sh). One of the question I have is that I am trying to read XML file and based on reading that XML file I want to run different java programs at different hours. Meaning 05 14 * * * java ./program1 10 14 * * * java... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samshaw
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set server's ip address, router, network mask and set if it is an internal or external ip?

Hello, I need to write a program which sets server's ip address, router, network mask. Program also should set if it is an internal or external ip. Maybe someone can help me ? Any information from u is very useful :b: I stopped at .. :( #!/bin/sh A=`hostname -i` echo "server ip address is $A"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zagaruika
4 Replies

6. Solaris

LC_ALL & LANG are set OK, but others couldn't set locale correctly.

Hi, I have a Solaris (SunOS 5.10) installed, by default with the en_AU.UTF-8 locale. I want to change it to en_US.UTF-8 With AU, I have no issues whatsoever, so I installed the language package and now locale -a shows "en_US.UTF-8". Problem is even with LC_ALL set in etc/default/init, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asdfg
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which serves the below purpose. Please find below the algorithm for the same and any help on this would be highly appreciated. 1)set of strings need to be replaced among set of files(directory may contain different types of files) 2)It should search for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to set trap for finding cron job failures

Unix box: solaris 5.8 Server: IP Need to to set trap for cron job failures by writing a shell script (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChandruBala73
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problems with set up Cron

Hi I want to set up a cron for every 15 minutes between some hours. Can you tell whether the below command will work. Getting confuse because my time goes from night to next day morning. i want to setup 8 PM to next day 10 AM. */15 20-10 * * * sh abc.sh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raju2016
1 Replies
MUNIN-CRON(8)							Munin Documentation						     MUNIN-CRON(8)

NAME
munin-cron - A program to batch other Munin master programs SYNOPSIS
munin-cron [--options] OPTIONS
--service <service> Limit services to <service>. Multiple --service options may be supplied. [unset] --host <host> Limit hosts to <host>. Multiple --host options may be supplied. [unset] --config <file> Use <file> as configuration file. [/etc/munin/munin.conf] DESCRIPTION
Munin-cron is a part of the package Munin, which is used in combination with Munin's node. Munin is a group of programs to gather data from Munin's nodes, graph them, create html-pages, and optionally warn Nagios about any off-limit values. Munin-cron batches all the above tasks by running their respective programs. All parameters are passed directly to the underlying programs, so only use parameters that are understood by all the other programs. AUTHORS
Audun Ytterdal and Jimmy Olsen. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2008 Audun Ytterdal and Jimmy Olsen / Linpro AS. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. This program is released under the GNU General Public License 2.0.6-4+deb7u2 2013-11-12 MUNIN-CRON(8)