Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare different String in Log Files Post 302602373 by thermometer on Monday 27th of February 2012 06:41:34 AM
Old 02-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartus11
Try:
Code:
awk '/Started/{a[$8]++}/Finished/{a[$8]--}END{for (i in a) if (a[i]>0) print i}' file

thanks mate this really works on my scripts

@rangarasan
thanks as well mate. I will try also your scripts with different approach on my program
hope to learn a lot from you here guys Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare string in two files

i have two files: file1.txt AA BB DD EE file2.txt AA,AAA BB,BBB CC,CCC DD,DDD EE,EEE FF,FFF i want an output file: file3.txt AA,AAA BB,BBB (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MiLKTea
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 log files

Hello, I am new here, so first of all I want say hello to everyone. I am newbie on script but you may be able to help me on this : I am on solaris (ksh) I need to compare 2 files (one_trash.log / two_arch.log) On the first file I've got like 1000 entries files name Ex of one_trash.log... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare log files and get latest

I have a directory location where in some logs gets generated whenever some application build is triggered. I need to send the generated log as an email to end user. I will get files like abcyyyy_mm_dd_time.log and next file will have different time for same day. Need to run a cron and take the... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi90
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

String compare in multiple files

Hi I have a requirement to process number of files matching a criteria. The resulted file would be processed indivdually looking for a particular string until another one found lines afterwards. Then look for the occurrence of another string in the result count and display/return the result. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: arungn
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare 2 files print the lines of file 2 that contain a string from file 1

Hello I am a new unix user, and I have a work related task to compare 2 files and print all of the lines in file 2 that contain a string from file 1 Note: the fields are in different columns in the files. I suspect the is a good use for awk? Thanks for your time & help File 1 123 232 W343... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KevinRidley
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of multiple files and print those unique string from File1 in an output file.

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain one column of strings: File1: 123abc 456def 789ghi File2: 123abc 456def 891jkl File3: 234mno 123abc 456def In total I have 25 of these type of file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for string in a file then compare it with excel files entry

All, i have a file text.log: cover6 cover3 cover2 cover4 other file is abc.log as : 0 0 1 0 Then I have a excel file result.xls that contains: Name Path Pass cover2 cover3 cover6 cover4 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the string in different files

Hi, There is a file A.txt which contains a list of strings. A.txt QASSBRK1 QASSBRK2 And in B.txt, command is written to generate output of dspmq with AWK script B.txt QMGR=`dspmq | awk '{print $1}' | cut -f2 -d "(" | cut -f1 -d ")"` Output of B.txt is QASSBRK1 QASSBRK2 QASSBRK3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two files String compare

file1.txt col1 col2 col3 b100:07-24-2018:test1 b102:04-24-2017:test2 b103:04-24-2017:test3 b104:04-24-2017:test3 file2.txt col4 col5 b100:name1@email.com b102:name2@email.com b103:name3@email.com Comparing string from file1.txt(col1) each record with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramgk5
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)