Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to provide percentages? Post 302602352 by balajesuri on Monday 27th of February 2012 05:48:36 AM
Old 02-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
Code:
$ printf "%0.2f\%\n"  $(( 100 * (3.00/400)))
0.75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySmart
its way more than 75%
1. Solution provided by fpmurphy is the answer to question "What percentage of my yesterday's income is today's income?" And it's 0.75%, not 75%.

2. If you made $400 yesterday and $3 today, there's a reduction in 99.25% of your income -> (((400-3)/400)*100)

3. And looking at it the other way, you made 13233.33% more yesterday than the amount you made today -> (((400-3)/3)*100) Usually you don't get paid $3 the next day after you've been paid $400, so you don't get to see a figure like 13233% increase or 99.25% decrease !!

By the way, how is this related to 'Shell Programming and Scripting' forum?
This User Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script using expr to calculate percentages

Within a ksh script on HP-UX I trying to calculate a percentage of a number (number/100 x percentage) using the below method and expr. TARPERC=`expr 16 / 100 \* 5` TARSUM=`expr 16 + $TARPERC` ZIPSUM=`expr $TARSUM \* 2` If the input is 16 outputs are: TARPERC: 0 TARSUM: 16 ZIPSUM: 32... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wurzul
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

provide a user password from a script

Hi all, passwd <username> < /var/adm/passwd.txt cat /var/adm/passwd.txt abcd1234 abcd1234 when I run this from the script, it comes with: New password: It is not able to pick from the location /var/adm/passwd.txt. thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Provide input in sqlplus script

Hi guys. I m creating scripts which input multiple value , inside sqlplus script when it prompt/accept do anybody know how to provide multiple value inside sqlplus script when it prompt. like, enter value for first: enter value for second: enter value "save file as " : I m try... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please provide me with a KSH script.

Hi frnds Im new to unix. I have an xml like the following: <?xml version="1.0"?> <serviceFeeDetail> <Data> <totalAmount>40</totalAmount> </Data> <serviceFee> <invoiceBillGrpNbr>1</invoiceBillGrpNbr> <serviceFeeLineItem> <billLineNbr>1</billLineNbr> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balesh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a UNIX script from LOG to provide return code.

Folks - Firstly, I do apologize that my first post here is a question. I am quite familiar with UNIX since our application is running on it. We are trying to automate a few things on our end and I am challenged with a task in hand that requires UNIX scripting. I am totally a newbie in UNIX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk72
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How the user will provide the parameters for Oracle db connection in a shell script?

I'm new into unix. My question: is possible to write a shell script which will ask for the ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, USERNAME, PASSWORD to connect to Oracle db. In generally we have to set the ORACLE_HOME in .profile file. And after putting the 'sqlplus' command it asks for the username &... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya001
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Provide Password using to the application using the shell script

Hello, I have a requirement to shut down and start up my application on different environments (Dev, QA and Prod). I have around 24 servers. I have to login to each server manually for shutinng down the application. I wrote a shell command on each server and I am invoking those shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GDSR Raju
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to provide auto inputs for a sub-script within a script?

Hi All, I am writing a shell script. #!/bin/bash cat /etc/hosts mkdir -p /var/tmp mount 113.123.35.37:/vol/vol615/syb /var/tmp In above script I am trying to add below predefined script/command (/var/tmp/db_tools) This command in turn ask for user input, which will be always option... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhur.baharani
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any one provide shell script for this ...

• With this script, users will be able to o Enter into the recycle bin mode. During this mode, all files deleted will be sent to the recycle bin. The recycle bin will be common to all users. o View contents of the recycle bin (his/her file(s) only). o Retrieve a particular file from the recycle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavana busetty
3 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to provide password for rsync in shell script?

Hi, i want to call the rsync in a shell script so that i can run it in background by passing the password within script itself. Can any one please let me know how can i provide the password in the shell script itself so that rsync will read the password when promted by the script. Its very... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
11 Replies
tiff2bw(1)							   User Commands							tiff2bw(1)

NAME
tiff2bw - convert a color TIFF image to grayscale SYNOPSIS
tiff2bw [options] input.tif output.tif DESCRIPTION
tiff2bw converts an RGB or palette color TIFF image to a grayscale image by combining percentages of the red, green, and blue channels. By default, output samples are created by taking 28% of the red channel, 59% of the green channel, and 11% of the blue channel. To alter these percentages, use the -R. -G, and -B options. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -B Specify the percentage of the blue channel to use. The default value is 11. -c Specify a compression scheme to use when writing image data: -c g3 CCITT Group 3 compression algorithm. -c g4 CCITT Group 4 compression algorithm. -c lzw Lempel-Ziv and Welch algorithm. This is the default algorithm. -c none No compression. -c packbits PackBits compression algorithm. -c zip Deflate compression algorithm. -G Specify the percentage of the green channel to use. The default value is 59. -R Specify the percentage of the red channel to use. The default value is 28. -r Write data with a specified number of rows per strip. By default, the number of rows per strip is selected so that each strip is approximately 8 kilobytes. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: input.tif The name of the input TIFF file. output.tif The name of the output file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWTiff | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pal2rgb(1), tiffinfo(1), tiffcp(1), tiffmedian(1), libtiff(3) NOTES
Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 26 Mar 2004 tiff2bw(1)