Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting removing html format with sed Post 302602259 by Chubler_XL on Monday 27th of February 2012 02:04:08 AM
Old 02-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by koricha
Thanks it works but how can i do that in sed
Try this:

Code:
#! /bin/sed -f
# Delete html tags
# i.e. everything between < and > but keeping CDATA blocks
s/<!\[CDATA\[//g
s/\]\]>//g
:t
s|\(.*\)<.*>|\1|
tt
/</!b
N
bt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing html tags via parameter expansion

Hi all- I have a variable that contains a web page: echo $STUFF <html> <head> <title>my page</title></head> <body> blah blah etc.. Can I use the shell's parameter expansion abilities to remove just the tags? I thought that FIXHTML=${STUFF//<*>/} might do it, but it didn't seem to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rev66
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching & replacing/removing only certain HTML tags

I generally save a lot of web pages for reading offline which works out great for school. Now I have to spend a lot of time on the bus and I am looking for the best way to read some of these webpages using my Nokia 7610. I have uploaded the files to my phone, but they are deadly deadly slow to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naphelge
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Removing HTML tags

Hello Unix Gurus I am having a problem with one of the files that i am generating using a Unix Script. This Unix Scripts connects to the MY SQL Server and loads the data into a Text file. While generating the Text file for one of the tables the value in one of the column is as follows. <p>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.mudike
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing html tags

I store different variance of the below in an xml file. and apparently, xml has an issue loading up data like this because it contains html tags. i would like to preserve this data as it is, but unfortunately, xml says i cant. so i have to strip out all the html tags. the examples i found... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing all except couple of html tags from html file

I tried to find elegant (or at least simple) way to remove all but couple of html tags from html file, but all examples I found dealt with removing all the tags. The logic of the script would be: - if there is <li> or <ul> on the line, do nothing (=write same line to output) - if there is:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juubuntu
0 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Script: Removing HTML tags and duplicate lines

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: You will write a script that will remove all HTML tags from an HTML document and remove any consecutive... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tburns517
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Html output in correct format

Hi, I am running two scripts as below. In Script 1 i am getting correct output in proper HTML format while in script 2 i am not getting output in mail and only html code is getting printed.I want to get the output of script 2. Please guide. 1.IFILE=/home/home01/Report.csv if #Checks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Html format not working

Hi All, I have a written a script which sents the output in html format and displays it in the foreground. But for some reason it is displaying in raw html format in outlook 2013. What could be the reason. I am pasting the script as below:- $ cat script.sh #!/bin/bash .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_p
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Html - Removing transparency on tooltips

I want to use the tooltip in html, however the tranparency is creating problem for detailed tooltips as the text from the back interferes with the readability of the tooltip text. I have done the following changes, however the normal tooltip es still transparent I call it using <a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies
SHTOOL-INSTALL.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					     SHTOOL-INSTALL.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-install - GNU shtool install(1) command SYNOPSIS
shtool install [-v|--verbose] [-t|--trace] [-d|--mkdir] [-c|--copy] [-C|--compare-copy] [-s|--strip] [-m|--mode mode] [-o|--owner owner] [-g|--group group] [-e|--exec sed-cmd] file [file ...] path DESCRIPTION
This command installs a one or more files to a given target path providing all important options of the BSD install(1) command. The trick is that the functionality is provided in a portable way. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. -d, --mkdir To maximize BSD compatiblity, the BSD "shtool "install -d"" usage is internally mapped to the "shtool "mkdir -f -p -m 755"" command. -c, --copy Copy the file to the target path. Default is to move. -C, --compare-copy Same as -c except if the destination file already exists and is identical to the source file, no installation is done and the target remains untouched. -s, --strip This option strips program executables during the installation, see strip(1). Default is to install verbatim. -m, --mode mode The file mode applied to the target, see chmod(1). Setting mode to ""-"" skips this step and leaves the operating system default which is usually based on umask(1). Some file modes require superuser privileges to be set. Default is 0755. -o, --owner owner The file owner name or id applied to the target, see chown(1). This option requires superuser privileges to execute. Default is to skip this step and leave the operating system default which is usually based on the executing uid or the parent setuid directory. -g, --group group The file group name or id applied to the target, see chgrp(1). This option requires superuser privileges to execute to the fullest extend, otherwise the choice of group is limited on most operating systems. Default is to skip this step and leave the operating system default which is usually based on the executing gid or the parent setgid directory. -e, --exec sed-cmd This option can be used one or multiple times to apply one or more sed(1) commands to the file contents during installation. EXAMPLE
# Makefile install: : shtool install -c -s -m 4755 foo $(bindir)/ shtool install -c -m 644 foo.man $(mandir)/man1/foo.1 shtool install -c -m 644 -e "s/@p@/$prefix/g" foo.conf $(etcdir)/ HISTORY
The GNU shtool install command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1997 for GNU shtool. It was prompted by portability issues in the installation procedures of OSSP libraries. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), umask(1), chmod(1), chown(1), chgrp(1), strip(1), sed(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-INSTALL.TMP(1)