Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers pine email tool suppress prompt to save read messages Post 302602049 by LeoKSimon on Saturday 25th of February 2012 06:52:17 PM
Old 02-25-2012
pine email tool suppress prompt to save read messages

Could somebody please advise about how to configure pine/alpine so that on exit it doesn't prompt me to save read messages? Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pine UNIX email -- old messages labeled "New"

Hi, I have a question I know I've seen answered somewhere before, but my last hour of searching has turned up nothing (so forgive me for re-asking!). I'm using Pine on UNIX to check mail at a couple remote POP3 servers, and old messages in the remote inboxes are mistakenly labeled "N", new,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sean_oconnor
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pine email tool displays directory listing

I just moved my mail server (qmail in maildir format) from a solaris box to a RedHat linux box. When I select some inboxes in pine, I get a directory listing of the inbox, its not automatically opening the qmail cur directory. This doesn't happen with all, and it doesn't happen at all on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cross
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find pine messages

still touching on the basics here: first of all where are my received messages stored in pine? /var/spool/mymail is not it. i guess i cant start my script without knowing this. because i need to move those files into a seperate folder and so on and so forth. I can prolly do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

problems in pine -- can't download messages from gmail

I'm learning a little about pine after downloading it (pine 4.64). I can't seem to get it to work, though. It can't open the inbox -- it sits there (as the little slash mark rotates) but after a while it stops and can't make the connection, with a message saying that "connection to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect, save to file and remove before prompt

I have an Expect script which works very well. It logs into my remote routers and runs some commands and then to the next until finished. I need two things, first I need to save the output to a file from where the log_user 1 begins. expect << EOF set timeout 15 #set var "exit " match_max... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: numele
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pine continuously marks old messages as unread

Hi, I have been having problem with pine for the past few weeks. I use email clinet Thunderbird to view my emails. Every time I open the thunderbird, all my emails were marked as unread. So, I logged into our email server to see what's wrong. even when I opened pine, all messages are labeled as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veepine
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

suppress RCS messages

ci filename This command displays a message. I don't want it to. How can I keep RCS from doing so? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robin_simple
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tool to suppress lines where value=0

Hello everyone, Here's the problem, I have a list generated by this command; watch -n 5 'iptables -nvL | grep "DROP"' It generates output that looks like this (severely truncated for clarity) Every 5.0s: iptables -nvL | grep "DROP" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: putter1900
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function to suppress warning message for specific text and display prompt

In the below bash function multiple variants are input and stored in a variable $variant, and each is written to an out file at c:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out.txt stored on a separate line. # enter variant phox2b() { printf "\n\n" printf "What is the id of the patient getting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
minfo(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     minfo(1)

Name
       minfo - print the parameters of a MSDOS filesystem

Note of warning
       This  manpage  has been automatically generated from mtools's texinfo documentation, and may not be entirely accurate or complete.  See the
       end of this man page for details.

Description
       The minfo command prints the parameters of a MS-DOS file system, such as number of sectors, heads and cylinders.  It also prints an mformat
       command  line  which can be used to create a similar MS-DOS file system on another media.  However, this doesn't work with 2m or XDF media,
       and with MS-DOS 1.0 file systems
       minfo drive:

Mlabel supports the following option:

v      Prints a hexdump of the boot sector, in addition to the other information

See Also
       Mtools' texinfo doc

Viewing the texi doc
       This manpage has been automatically generated from mtools's texinfo documentation. However, this process is only  approximative,  and  some
       items, such as crossreferences, footnotes and indices are lost in this translation process.  Indeed, these items have no appropriate repre-
       sentation in the manpage format.  Moreover, not all information has been translated into the manpage version.  Thus I strongly  advise  you
       to use the original texinfo doc.  See the end of this manpage for instructions how to view the texinfo doc.

*      To generate a printable copy from the texinfo doc, run the following commands:

./configure; make dvi; dvips mtools.dvi

*      To generate a html copy,  run:

./configure; make html

A premade html can be found at `http://www.gnu.org/software/mtools/manual/mtools.html'

*      To generate an info copy (browsable using emacs' info mode), run:

./configure; make info

The  texinfo  doc looks most pretty when printed or as html.  Indeed, in the info version certain examples are difficult to read due to the
       quoting conventions used in info.

mtools-4.0.13                                                         28Feb10                                                             minfo(1)