Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script Post 302601927 by parthmittal2007 on Saturday 25th of February 2012 12:47:10 PM
Old 02-25-2012
Hi Everyone
Is there any Perl function which calculates the last week start date(Monday) and last week end date(Friday).

---------- Post updated at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:18 AM ----------

like to find current week Monday date we use Date::Calc function

$week = Week_Number($year,$month,$day);
($wsy,$wsm,$wsday) = Monday_of_Week($week,$year);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Run perl script in the current process

I have a question regarding running perl in the current process. I shall demonstrate with an example. Look at this. sh-2.05b$ pwd /tmp sh-2.05b$ cat test.sh #! /bin/sh cd /etc sh-2.05b$ ./test.sh sh-2.05b$ pwd /tmp sh-2.05b$ . ./test.sh sh-2.05b$ pwd /etc sh-2.05b$ So... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl/unix: script in command line works but not in perl

so in unix this command works works and shows me a list of directories find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt but when i try running a perl script to run this command my $query = 'find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :How to print the o/p of a Perl script on console and redirecting same in log file @ same time.

How can i print the output of a perl script on a unix console and redirect the same in a log file under same directory simultaneously ? Like in Shell script, we use tee, is there anything in Perl or any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a perl script with arguments from a parent perl script

I am trying to run a perl script which needs input arguments from a parent perl script, but doesn't seem to work. Appreciate your help in this regard. From parent.pl $input1=123; $input2=abc; I tried calling it with system("/usr/bin/perl child.pl $input1 $input2"); and `perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing perl script from another perl script : NOT WORKING

Hi Folks, I have 2 perl scripts and I need to execute 2nd perl script from the 1st perl script in WINDOWS. In the 1st perl script that I had, I am calling the 2nd script main.pl =========== print "This is my main script\n"; `perl C:\\Users\\sripathg\\Desktop\\scripts\\hi.pl`; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : embedding java script with cgi perl script

Hi All, I am aware that html tags can be embedded in cgi script as below.. In the same way is it possible to embed the below javascript in perl cgi script ?? print("<form action="action.htm" method="post" onSubmit="return submitForm(this.Submitbutton)">"); print("<input type = "text"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excuting perl script from within a perl script with variables.

Not sure what I am doing wrong here, but I can print the list with no issue. Just a blank screen with the 'do'. #!/usr/bin/perl open FILE, "upslist.txt"; while ($line=<FILE>){ if ($line=~/^(.*?),(.*?)$/){ #print "ups:$1 string:$2\n"; do 'check_snmp_mgeups-0.1.pl -H $1 -C $2'; } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

10. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
CHEWMAIL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       CHEWMAIL(1)

NAME
chewmail - mail archiver SYNOPSIS
chewmail [OPTIONS] <MAILBOX> ... DESCRIPTION
chewmail is a program for archiving mail. It is inspired by the by the Python-based archivemail, but with more useful semantics. All mail is archived to the mailbox specified with the --output-box switch, in mbox format. It can read mailboxes in mbox, Maildir and MH formats. Internally, chewmail uses Mail::Box, so it support file names and URLs supported by that module. OPTIONS
-o mailbox-format, --output-box=mailbox-format The mailbox to archive messages to. The mailbox is run through the Date::Format module, so it supports all it's conversion specifiers. The date and time is relative to the messages timestamp, or the current time if the timestamp is impossible to determine. A sample of the conversion specifiers follows: %% PERCENT %b month abbr %B month %d numeric day of the month, with leading zeros (eg 01..31) %e numeric day of the month, without leading zeros (eg 1..31) %D MM/DD/YY %G GPS week number (weeks since January 6, 1980) %h month abbr %H hour, 24 hour clock, leading 0's) %I hour, 12 hour clock, leading 0's) %j day of the year %k hour %l hour, 12 hour clock %L month number, starting with 1 %m month number, starting with 01 %n NEWLINE %o ornate day of month -- "1st", "2nd", "25th", etc. %t TAB %U week number, Sunday as first day of week %w day of the week, numerically, Sunday == 0 %W week number, Monday as first day of week %x date format: 11/19/94 %y year (2 digits) %Y year (4 digits) -d days-old, --days=days-old Only archive messages older than than this many days. -D date, --date=date Only archive messages old than this date. The date can be any date understood by Perl's Date::Parse module. -R, --only-read Only archive messages that are marked seen or read. --delete-immediately Synchonize the mailboxes after every message is moved. This will be substantially slower but may provide better recovery for some mail- box formats in the event of a crash. --preserve-timestamp Preserve the atime and mtime of the input mailbox. This only affects file-based mailboxes, such as mbox. -n, --dry-run Go through all the motions of archiving the mail, but don't actually change any mailboxes. -v, --verbose Output more informational messages. Use multiple times for more verbosity. -q, --quiet Don't output any messages other than error messages. -V, --version Print the version number then exit. -h, --help Print usage information then exit. EXAMPLES
Archive two day old messages in inbox to inbox-old: chewmail --days 2 -o inbox-old inbox Archive read messages to a mailbox named the year-month of the message: chewmail --only-read -o %Y-%m inbox SEE ALSO
archivemail(1), Date::Parse, Date::Format, Mail::Box AUTHOR
Eric Dorland <eric@kuroneko.ca> perl v5.8.8 2006-08-15 CHEWMAIL(1)