Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu How to find symbolic links recursively under a folder in Linux Post 302601644 by amvarma77 on Friday 24th of February 2012 06:06:10 AM
Old 02-24-2012
Hi,
I had visited the page you mentioned, but i could not get the list displayed. I got the following

Quote:
find -L "-xtype 1"
find: unknown predicate `-xtype 1'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Too many levels of symbolic links

Hi, Is there a limit to the number of symbolic links you can have? I tried to vi the symbolic link relating to a file and got the following error: "filename" Too many levels of symbolic links There is only one symbolic link to one file in this case, but there are >2000 other links to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
2 Replies

2. Solaris

cp a dty without symbolic links?

Hi, - we have copy (cp command) to do to save all the contents of a dty BUT we dont want to copy the files corresponding to symbolic links contained whithin this dty - the box is a sun solaris one - and the cp commande do not say avything about that? thanks for help Jakez (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JAKEZ
7 Replies

3. AIX

Symbolic Links

I am linking a directory as follows: ln -sf /home/xxx/userid/real_files/* /home/xxx/userid/linked_files This gives me symbolic links for all the files in the real_files directory in the linked_files directory. My question is, if I go and remove a file in the real_files directory and then go... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcarnesiii
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic links between directories

Hi all, lets consider 2 directories test1 and test2. I want to link test2 to point to test1, how do u do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Zer0
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

recurssion via symbolic links without allowing system to act recursively?

I tried looking up combinations of the keywords "infinite loop links" in google before causing a recurring post here... but alas, I couldn't find much. Cause: I've created an infinite loop, in a way, of directories. Problem: I'm not sure if this will crash a backup program (trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic Links

Hi all, I have scoured the entire forum for this but to no avail unfortunately. Basically, I would like to remove my symbolic link from my folder name i.e. foldername -> /a/b/c/d/f where f is indeed a folder. I have tried rmdir but this does not work and in actual fact deletes the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissioning for symbolic links

I've just started using UNIX in a Linux vmplayer. I'm trying to run the command: ln -s `pwd`/$1 `python -c "from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib; print get_python_lib()"`/$1 in a script from an online tutorial, but I keep getting an error message: ln: creating symbolic link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChipT
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic links in UNIX

Hi, I have a file with more than 1 layers of soft links for it. For ex. ls -la .profile .profile@ -> /home/act/.profile_abc ls -la /home/act/.profile_abc@ -> .profile_final I want to get the name of the last file (i.e. .profile_final) when I refer to .profile using shell script. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete and Recreate around 400 Symbolic Links in one Folder

Hello, I recently just switched my phphandler to suPHP on my server in order to increase security a bit. I am working with 2 scripts, one of which is vbulletin forums and the other is custom. The vbulletin forum avatars are all symbolic links to pictures in the other custom script. When I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambition13
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Symbolic links

Soft link,Hard link brief explanation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RAJU KAVATI
1 Replies
XIfEvent(3)							  XLIB FUNCTIONS						       XIfEvent(3)

NAME
XIfEvent, XCheckIfEvent, XPeekIfEvent - check the event queue with a predicate procedure SYNTAX
int XIfEvent(Display *display, XEvent *event_return, Bool (*predicate)(), XPointer arg); Bool XCheckIfEvent(Display *display, XEvent *event_return, Bool (*predicate)(), XPointer arg); int XPeekIfEvent(Display *display, XEvent *event_return, Bool (*predicate)(), XPointer arg); ARGUMENTS
arg Specifies the user-supplied argument that will be passed to the predicate procedure. display Specifies the connection to the X server. event_return Returns either a copy of or the matched event's associated structure. predicate Specifies the procedure that is to be called to determine if the next event in the queue matches what you want. DESCRIPTION
The XIfEvent function completes only when the specified predicate procedure returns True for an event, which indicates an event in the queue matches. XIfEvent flushes the output buffer if it blocks waiting for additional events. XIfEvent removes the matching event from the queue and copies the structure into the client-supplied XEvent structure. When the predicate procedure finds a match, XCheckIfEvent copies the matched event into the client-supplied XEvent structure and returns True. (This event is removed from the queue.) If the predicate procedure finds no match, XCheckIfEvent returns False, and the output buf- fer will have been flushed. All earlier events stored in the queue are not discarded. The XPeekIfEvent function returns only when the specified predicate procedure returns True for an event. After the predicate procedure finds a match, XPeekIfEvent copies the matched event into the client-supplied XEvent structure without removing the event from the queue. XPeekIfEvent flushes the output buffer if it blocks waiting for additional events. Each of these functions requires you to pass a predicate procedure that determines if an event matches what you want. Your predicate pro- cedure must decide if the event is useful without calling any Xlib functions. If the predicate directly or indirectly causes the state of the event queue to change, the result is not defined. If Xlib has been initialized for threads, the predicate is called with the display locked and the result of a call by the predicate to any Xlib function that locks the display is not defined unless the caller has first called XLockDisplay. The predicate procedure and its associated arguments are: Bool (*predicate)(Display *display, XEvent *event, XPointer arg) display Specifies the connection to the X server. event Specifies the XEvent structure. arg Specifies the argument passed in from the XIfEvent, XCheckIfEvent, or XPeekIfEvent function. The predicate procedure is called once for each event in the queue until it finds a match. After finding a match, the predicate procedure must return True. If it did not find a match, it must return False. SEE ALSO
XAnyEvent(3), XNextEvent(3), XPutBackEvent(3) XSendEvent(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XIfEvent(3)