Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Which process has created a file ? Post 302601356 by bartus11 on Thursday 23rd of February 2012 12:37:54 PM
Old 02-23-2012
On Solaris (assuming you are running version 10 or higher) you can use DTraceToolkit (DTrace Tools). Particularly the "rwsnoop" tool with "-n app_name" option.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reference Variables To A Child Process Created With Fork

Hi! IN THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM THE VALUE OF j REMAINS UNCHANGED . WHY ? IF I WANT A VARIABLE VALUE TO CHANGE LIKE THIS , IS THERE ANY WAY TO DO IT ? Or do we have to use shared memory variables? main() { int return_pid, i, total; int j=1; total = TOTALRECS+1; for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJAY BHATIA
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to process files created an hour ago

Hello all, I would like to ask for an advice on how to deal with the following scenario. Every now and then, our ERP system creates an interface text file with the following file format - XORD????.DLD where ???? is a sequence number. We can have 1 or more XORD files created in an hour. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: negixx
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to empty a file(already created)

What is the command to empty an already existing file. please provide me.i used Touch cmd to empty the file.but it changing the time only. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know when a new file is created?

Hi All, How to we get to know when say a new log file is created on an Unix box. I need to trigger a process(say a script) when the new log file is created. But i need to know by some means or generate a trigger when a new file is created???? Something like when we receive a new mail we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

how to delete core file (file created due to apps crashed)

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: When looking for corefiles, include any file with core in its name. (Some UNIX/Linux systems add the PID of the process that created the core to reduce the chances of overwriting an already existing core file that might be needed. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s3270226
6 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

JFFNMS: RRD files for imterface id 2190 has not been created by the Poller Process yet

hi, When we tried to add host in jffnms and marked all interfaces, it worked well with newly added hosts for linux. However if its solaris, we cannot see CPU interface. The error in the graph is RRD files for interface id 2190 has not been created by the Poller Process yet. Pls advise. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Who created a file?

Hi!Can somebody tell me what command can I use to find who created a file,please? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: teotrask
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file permissions of a file created by another user

Hi, I have used expdp for datapump. The .dmp file is created by the "oracle" user. my requirement is to make a zipped file of this .dmp file. What i am trying to do is change the permissions of this .dmp file from 0640 to 0644 and then do a gzip and zip it. Is there any way i can change... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwertyu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File not getting created

hi, i have a script wrriten where there is a temporary files getting created: echo "From:" ${usrname}@apps.mc.xerox.com>mail_txt it was working from a long time but now there is a error creating while creating this temporary file. here is the error log for this:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script replied multiple process for file has successfully created

Hi All, I have written the following code do FILE_NO=$(echo $LINE|awk -F"|" '{print $1}'|tr "'" '+'|sed 's/\(.*\)\(++\)\(.*\)\(++\)/\3/') INST_NO=$(echo $LINE|awk -F"|" '{print $2}'|tr "'" '+'|sed 's/\(.*\)\(++\)\(.*\)\(++\)/\3/') if ] then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogendra.barode
3 Replies
PROCESS-KEYRING(7)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						PROCESS-KEYRING(7)

NAME
process-keyring - per-process shared keyring DESCRIPTION
The process keyring is a keyring used to anchor keys on behalf of a process. It is created only when a process requests it. The process keyring has the name (description) _pid. A special serial number value, KEY_SPEC_PROCESS_KEYRING, is defined that can be used in lieu of the actual serial number of the calling process's process keyring. From the keyctl(1) utility, '@p' can be used instead of a numeric key ID in much the same way, but since keyctl(1) is a program run after forking, this is of no utility. A thread created using the clone(2) CLONE_THREAD flag has the same process keyring as the caller of clone(2). When a new process is cre- ated using fork() it initially has no process keyring. A process's process keyring is cleared on execve(2). The process keyring is destroyed when the last thread that refers to it terminates. If a process doesn't have a process keyring when it is accessed, then the process keyring will be created if the keyring is to be modified; otherwise, the error ENOKEY results. SEE ALSO
keyctl(1), keyctl(3), keyrings(7), persistent-keyring(7), session-keyring(7), thread-keyring(7), user-keyring(7), user-session-keyring(7) Linux 2017-03-13 PROCESS-KEYRING(7)