Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers bash variable string declaration Post 302601318 by Corona688 on Thursday 23rd of February 2012 10:49:17 AM
Old 02-23-2012
Did you edit this script in Microsoft Notepad? That will fill the file with useless carriage returns that will confuse the shell in many ways.

---------- Post updated at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:48 AM ----------

If "test.fsa" is a list of files, you should be doing this:

Code:
while read file
do
done < test.fsa

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Variable declaration

what does this mean when a variable is declared as register int i; Thanks. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with variable declaration

I declared a variable x that gets the count(*) from a table. The table name is also defined as a variable. What's wrong with this statment : X=” select count(*) from ${table_name}“ then y = `${X}${table_name}' echo ${y} It throws an error saying count not found. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

double variable declaration

i have variables with different values as below in KSH AU_Holiday=1 SG_Holiday=0 KR_Holiday=1 JP_Holiday=0 $country_cd is the second variable which be one of 'AU' 'SG' 'KR' 'JP' which comes in a for loop. form that i need to derive the variable like first one and check whether it is equal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Global variable declaration in shell scripting

Hi all, How to print variable value which i have assigned inside for loop because that variable scope is local, but i want to use that variable outside for loop. Awaiting your great help Thanks, Susil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: susilgandhi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl variable declaration

what is the meaning of this particular line of code in perl. my %global_port2lanid = (); (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge Static and dynamic parts in variable declaration

Dear Unix experts I want to define a variable which contains dynmic and static part, daynamic part is the first field. Sample of data dddd aaaa sssss 12345 ssss 2323 234234 4242 dddd 3223 34234 54353 ssss 24234 3434 42342 dddd rwrw 423423 werwer nawk 'BEGIN {FS=" "}{... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt in Perl Variable declaration

Anyone please say what is the difference between $var and ${var} in perl Sometimes $var used and sometimes ${var} used in same program. Thanks in Advance, Prabhu ---------- Post updated at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:59 AM ---------- Any one please clarify (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prsampath
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Merge Static and dynamic parts in variable declaration

Dear Unix experts Moved from "Shell Programming and Scripting " I want to define a variable which contains dynmic and static part, daynamic part is the first field. Sample of data dddd aaaa sssss 12345 ssss 2323 234234 4242 dddd 3223 34234 54353 ssss 24234 3434 42342 dddd rwrw 423423... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable declaration

Hi Guys, What does this mean actually ? Can somebody give me any explanation ? x=${x:=1} Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.behera
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable declaration

how to check 1. If variable is declared or not 2. If any value if assigned to variable or not. in UNIX shell script (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
6 Replies
wibble-test-genrunner(1)				      General Commands Manual					  wibble-test-genrunner(1)

NAME
wibble-test-genrunner - Code generator for wibble testsuites. SYNOPSIS
wibble-test-genrunner header <file> wibble-test-genrunner main <files> DESCRIPTION
The program generates .cpp files that are then compiled and linked into a test program for running tests from .test.h files. Examples of such .test.h files may be found among wibble headers, eg. /usr/include/wibble/regexp.test.h. In the first form, the program processes a single header file (usually of the form foo.test.h) and produces a corresponding .cpp file to be compiled. In the second form, it takes as <files> all the .test.h headers and produces a single main.cpp which contains the main() function of the test program, which then runs all the tests in all the .test.h files. The generated source code is always written to standard output and it is left up to the user to redirect it to a meaningful location. The program currently has no options other than the two forms above. The program is intended to be run as part of build process of programs or libraries using the wibble testing framework. For convenient use from CMake, there is a test.cmake script under /usr/share/wibble, that takes care of producing all the .cpp files (both per-header and the main one), compiling them and linking them into a single binary which executes the testsuite. AUTHOR
Petr Rockai <me@mornfall.net> wibble-test-genrunner(1)