Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: locked me out from local net
Special Forums IP Networking locked me out from local net Post 302601253 by daWonderer on Thursday 23rd of February 2012 07:31:53 AM
Old 02-23-2012
locked me out from local net

Hello,

I have two hosts. One is connected to internet and the other host.
I've read about sharing the internet connection and now I can open websites from the 2nd host.

But now I can not 'ping' to any other host in local net except of the IP of the host with the internet connection.

I thought about dropping packages from this IP before routing but this target isn't available for 'nat' table.
I also don't know if this is the right way to do?

host1
eth0 : 192.168.5.10 / gw 192.168.5.251
eth1 : 192.168.10.10
---
host2
eth0 : 192.168.10.20

shorted question: How to connect to local net over host1 from host2 with IP-forwarding enabled?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why i have local.profile, local.cshrc,local.login instead of .profile, .login ?

Hello again ! Thanks for response of my first question. there is my second quesiton why i have local.profile instead of .profile file ? my all files in pwd shoes local. before any file. is anybody can tell me about that ? Thanks Abid Malik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
5 Replies

2. AIX

locked a password

good morning just a confirmation, to lock a password for a user, we must to write 0 for password min age and password max age option ? thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

locked out!

:confused: I have an K580 HP server. All I did was change the IP address on the NIC and now I can't telnet into it. I can ping, but no telnet. Also, it won't boot if the console monitor is plugged in. ANY IDEAS??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncmurf00
1 Replies

4. AIX

account is always locked out

we have a user name "Test1" that account is alwyas locked out. The user has been used to many servers to ftp a file from the main server. i already increase the MaxStartups to 99. And still after how many days account will locked. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSLeay or Net::FTPSSL

Hello, I ran into an issue in one of my monitoring scripts. If I use the public ip address in my connection string everything works, but if I switch the connection string ip to 127.0.0.1 or the internal ip I get, " Connection refused at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Styles
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Server Locked

Hi i was changing the entry in the /etc/passwd file for the root user. i was changing the shell from sh to bash . I changed the file and rebooted the server.Now it is saying that invalid shell. I think i have misspelt bash. now the machine is set to boot in maultiuser mode so there is no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Who locked my id?

I am running Solaris 10. Occasionally, my id gets loked. I want to know who/which rougue process locked it. How do I find out? Thanks, KNK (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkamatam
9 Replies

8. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have files that are locked up...

Here's the story: I had an LaCie Internet Space (1TB)... Recently the network (or software) functions of the device just died... I tried to access it via different routers, checking UTP, tried everything possible to rule out physical damage to components. Then i got the disk out of its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SentinelX
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a local shell script in a remote machine by passing arguments to the local shell script

I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command > ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails. Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
7 Replies
inetd.sec(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      inetd.sec(4)

NAME
inetd.sec - optional security file for inetd DESCRIPTION
When accepts a connection from a remote system, it checks the address of the host requesting the service against the list of hosts to be allowed or denied access to the specific service (see inetd(1M)). The file allows the system administrator to control which hosts (or networks in general) are allowed to use the system remotely. This file constitutes an extra layer of security in addition to the normal checks done by the services. It precedes the security of the servers; that is, a server is not started by the Internet daemon unless the host requesting the service is a valid host according to If file does not exist, security is limited to that implemented by the servers. and the directory should be writable only by their owners. Changes to apply to any subsequent connections. Lines in beginning with the pound sign are comments. Comments are not allowed at the end of a line of data. The lines in the file contain a service name, permission field, and the Internet addresses or official names of the hosts and networks allowed to use that service in the local host. The fields in each line are as follows: service name { hostaddrs | hostnames | netaddrs | netnames } Note: service name is the name (not alias) of a valid service in file The service name for RPC-based services (NFS) is the name (not alias) of a valid service in file A service name in corresponds to a unique RPC program number. determines whether the list of remote hosts in the next field is allowed or denied access to the specified service. Multiple lines for each service are not unsupported. If there are multiple lines for a particular service, all but the last line are ignored. Addresses (hostaddrs and netaddrs) and names (hostnames and netnames) are separated by white space. Any mix of addresses and names is allowed. To continue a line, terminate it with backslash, Host names and network names are the official names of the hosts or networks as returned by or respectively. Wildcard characters and range characters are allowed. The and the can be present in any of the fields of the address. An address field is a string of characters sepa- rated by a dot Hostname resolution failure in may cause to delay the processing of connection requests. To avoid such delays, configure host/network addresses instead of host/network names in the file. EXAMPLES
Use a wildcard character to permit a whole network to communicate with the local host without having to list all the hosts in that network. For example, to allow all hosts with network addresses starting with a as well as the single host with address to use rlogin: On a system running NFS, deny host access to sprayd, an RPC-based server: A range is a field containing a character. To deny hosts in network 10 (arpa) with subnets 3 through 5 access to The following entry denies access to host any hosts on the network named and the host with internet address If a remote service is not listed in the security file, or if it is listed but it is not followed by or all remote hosts can attempt to use it. Security is then provided by the service itself. The following lines, if present in allow or deny access to the service indicated: Allow all hosts to use Deny all access to the service; i.e., Allow access to the service by any host: or IPv6 Functionality For an IPv6 service, an IPv6 address can be specified in the host address field of The host address field can contain IPv6 addresses, IPv4 addresses, or both. This specification includes the IPv4 mapped IPv6 addresses also. Host names for IPv6 services are the official names of the hosts returned by The wildcard characters and range characters are not supported for IPv6 addresses. The equivalent for the wildcard character is provided in the form of followed by a forward-slash and See the IPv6 Examples section for more details. IPv6 Examples To allow an IPv6 host with address and an IPv4 host with address in order to use the service, an entry in the file should be as follows: The following entry denies access to all hosts with a prefix AUTHOR
was developed by HP. NFS was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. FILES
SEE ALSO
inetd(1M), gethostent(3N), getaddrinfo(3N), getnetent(3N), hosts(4), inetd.conf(4), networks(4), protocols(4), rpc(4), services(4). inetd.sec(4)