Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using base name with awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using base name with awk Post 302600711 by shanmu on Wednesday 22nd of February 2012 12:52:20 AM
Old 02-22-2012
Hi try this

Hi Robin,

Please try this,

Code:
find . -type f -exec ls -1 {} \; | sed 's/\(.*\)\///g' | xargs ls -l | awk '{print $4,$8;}'

with cheersSmilie,

shanmu

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

How is Darwin as a base For a Server

Does anyone have any Benchmarks for OS X Server in DB Serving. in comparison to Linux How bout Darwin? And How bout Darwin as a Base for a Server? How bout Ease of Environment Crossplatforms and Various Implementations? And Finally how bout Develoment? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedVenim
1 Replies

2. Programming

data base

Dear sirs, I am new to DataBase in C++,Also here iam using mysql, How can do it nad get the result back from the database and do operation onit. Thanks in advance, arunkumar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

base path on x window

Sorry that I am not good at UNIX. Please show me how to make UNIX saver name and base path to show on shell prompt. Example: Currently, my shell prompt is: $ I want it to be shown as username@savername: /u01/app/oracle > /u01/app/oracle is my user base path, I am in korne shell. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
3 Replies

4. Programming

what is the base type of enum

helo i have asked in exam what that what is the base type of enum options are given bewlo (1) long int (2) short int (3) signed int (4) unsigned int can u tell me what is the exact answer from the above option Regards, Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

data base update

hello everyone I need to update data base in file 1-ID 2-Name 3-ID group 4-ID teacher 5-mark list unique ID is (ID+ID group+ID teacher) we can append 5 th columns (marks list) main base file: Code: 1:John:3:1:4 3 2 2:Mark:1:2:1 3 3:Susan:3:4: input file: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleplawy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

update base

hello everyone I need to update data base in file 1-ID 2-Name 3-ID group 4-ID teacher 5-mark list unique ID is (ID+ID group+ID teacher) we can append 5 th columns (marks list) main base file: 1:John:3:1:4 3 2 2:Mark:1:2:1 3 3:Susan:3:4: input file: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mleplawy
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Missing Base Directory

Hey all, I'm attempting to migrate a zone from one system to another, but I noticed that on the new system ssl BASEDIR was missing. I was wondering if creating the directory path for this would fix the issue when I migrate files over. SSL is installed on the new system but does not show a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: em23
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Base 64 encoded string

Could anyone of you please give me some idea to decode base 64 encoded value in ksh? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

CentOS 6.1 base install (like FreeBSD base install)?

Hello, What is the simplest way to install CentOS 6.1 with console base-system only using official LiveDVD image on VirtualBox machine? I'd like to get simplest console with network support like FreeBSD base installation. Then, install services which I need. The installer jest extracts the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_develope
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk base lookup of best match strings

Hi, I'm new to scripting and unable to find out a way to perform the below task. Request help in finding out a way to accomplish this. File one consists of some numbers/string which i need to lookup against file 2 and fetch the best match results in output. If best match is not present in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suraj016
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)