Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File content handling in c
Top Forums Programming File content handling in c Post 302600513 by jhon1257 on Tuesday 21st of February 2012 09:36:08 AM
Old 02-21-2012
Error File content handling in c

HI,

I have a file with the following content like
--------filename-----------
this is a tool
end
this is a tool
this is a box
end
these are tools
these are boxes
this is one
end

i want to write the content to another file as follow's

this is a tool
this is a tool
this is a box
these are tools
these are boxes
this is one

where filename is variable.

Please help me with the solution in c language.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

File Handling in C

Hi all, I have a problem in handling files through C. here is the problem im having: i will query the database (for instance consider employees table ) for empno,ename,job,salary fields.The query returns me some 100 of rows. now i need to place them in a file in row wise pattern as they... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trinath
3 Replies

2. Programming

file handling

Hi all, I got a little issue here. Imagine that I have more than one process accessing one file. Is it possible to know which process(es) are accessing that file when I open the file?? Thanks for the help. Best regards, Ernesto (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjanesto
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Handling

Hi, I have a log file which runs into 3 to 5 GB. We store this typically for 6 months. When a new month starts we move the previous month into a 9 month back up log (file.9m) and delete the last month of the 9 month back up. Iam using awk to find the data and cat to join the files like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

please help me in file handling

sir i have to get first line from a file for example >cat file1 abc zxc asd adsf from that file1 i need only first line expected result >abc please help me ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File handling

my input for a script is another csv file but in that file say 7 lines are there ... how can i get line by line to that input for example : >cat link.csv www.yahoo.com,yahoo www.google.com,google www.unix.com,unix another file in that file i need to ping the above links ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Handling

Hi Team, I am trying to cut a large file into multiple files. It has Header 50,050 records Trailer ------------------------------------------- I need to cut the files into multiple files of 1000 records and should have the same header and trailer as the original files. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurkamal83
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: replace content from file with the content from file

Hi, I am having trouble while using 'sed' with reading files. Please help. I have 3 files. File A, file B and file C. I want to find content of file B in file A and replace it by content in file C. Thanks a lot!! Here is a sample of my question. e.g. (file A: a.txt; file B: b.txt; file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File handling

I have a file 1 298167 298168 1093209 1093210 1422663 I want to write a code where in I want to read contents of above file like first read is 1 second read is 298167 Substract second read from first and if this is greater than or less than 99,999. Similarly I want to traverse thru... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guru148
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove exisiting file content from a file and have to append new file content?

hi all, i had the below script x=`cat input.txt |wc -1` awk 'NR>1 && NR<'$x' ' input.txt > output.txt by using above script i am able to remove the head and tail part from the input file and able to append the output to the output.txt but if i run it for second time the output is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File handling

Hi All, I need to extract the data from the text file. The data of the text file is shown below #L 0.000017 4.329939 0.000017 4.716267 r7.9 P 1 1;Net=IN32 The extracted data should be IN32. Could anyone help to script in c shell.? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopishrine
4 Replies
ASNTOOL(1)						     NCBI Tools User's Manual							ASNTOOL(1)

NAME
asntool - process ASN.1 module specifications SYNOPSIS
asntool [-] [-B filename] [-D N] [-G] [-I str] [-J type] [-K str] [-L str] [-M filename,...] [-P str] [-Q] [-S filename] [-T filename] [-V] [-X filename] [-Z] [-b N] [-d filename] [-e filename] [-f filename] [-l filename] -m filename [-o filename] [-p filename] [-t str] [-v filename] [-w N] [-x filename] DESCRIPTION
asntool reads, validates, and displays ASN.1 module specifications. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. - Print usage message -B filename Generate objects and code in files named filename.* -D N Debugging level for code generation: 0 No debugging (default) 1 Shallow debugging 2 Deep debugging 3-9 Same as 2 -G Generate object loader .c and .h files -I str Put "#include str" in generated .c file -J type Register type type with object manager -K str In generated .c, force name of #included asn header to str -L str Label registered type as str -M filename,... Search the ASN.1 modules in filename,... for external references -P str XML module prefix for DOCTYPE -Q Use quoted syntax form for generated include files -S filename Send debugging output to filename rather than stderr -T filename Dump ASN.1 tree to filename -V Force CHOICE objects to use custom structures rather than ValNodePtrs, for compatibility with some old hand-coded object loaders. -X filename Write XML DTD to filename. If filename is "m", print each module to a separate file. -Z Bit twiddle for optional zero value base slots -b N Use N-byte buffers (default = 1024; anything between 512 and 10000 is legal) -d filename Read binary values from filename (requires -t) -e filename Write binary values to filename -f filename Write ASN.1 module to filename -l filename Write ASN.1 loader to filename -m filename Read ASN.1 module from filename -o filename Write header to filename -p filename Write print values to filename -t str Expect binary values to have type str -v filename Read print values from filename -w N Limit values in #defines to N bits (default = 31; anything between 31 and 128 is legal) -x filename Write XML data to filename AUTHOR
The National Center for Biotechnology Information. NCBI
2010-09-01 ASNTOOL(1)