Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need help with ksh script errors Post 302600433 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 21st of February 2012 05:56:41 AM
Old 02-21-2012
Using let:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
number=${1:-20}
for (( i=1; i<=$number; i++ )); do
  if   ! let "i % 3 || i % 5 "; then 
    echo "$i FizzBuzz"
  elif ! let "i % 3"; then
    echo "$i Fizz"  
  elif ! let "i % 5"; then
    echo "$i Buzz"  
  fi  
done

or the (( )) version:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
for (( i=1;i<=$number;i++ )); do
  if   ! (( i % 3 || i % 5 )); then 
    echo "$i FizzBuzz"
  elif ! (( i % 3 )); then
    echo "$i Fizz"  
  elif ! (( i % 5 )); then
    echo "$i Buzz"  
  fi  
done

Posix:

Code:
i=1
while [ $i -le $number ]; do
  if   [ $(( i % 3 )) -eq 0 ] && [ $(( i % 5 )) -eq 0 ]; then
    echo "$i FizzBuzz"
  elif [ $(( i % 3 )) -eq 0 ]; then
    echo "$i Fizz"  
  elif [ $(( i % 5 )) -eq 0 ]; then
    echo "$i Buzz"  
  fi  
  i=$((i+1))
done

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-21-2012 at 07:08 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking for script errors

ok, i have a script which i use to search my process' for specific keywords and kill any process containing them. there is a prompt to enter a keyword for searching and another prompt for which user you want to search the process' of. i want the script to have something that if you entered a search... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blip
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script errors

#!/bin/ksh sqlplus -s user/passwd@remoteserver << EOF > errors2.log set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select directory_nm || '/' || file_nm || '|' ||venue_id || '|' || time_id from file_control; EOF The output of this script is; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
2 Replies

3. Programming

Errors while Compiling a PC script.

Hi all, I have created a post-C (PC) script OrdItmpopulate.pc. When I am compiling this using the “Make” command I am getting the following error. My “make” command looks like this: make -f $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/demo/proc/demo_proc.mk build EXE=OrdItmpopulate8.exe OBJS="OrdItmpopulate8.o"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: musavir19
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a ksh script from another ksh script

Hi, I'm new to unix scripting.How can i call a script from another script. I have a.ksh and b.ksh .I have to call b.ksh from a.ksh after it is successfully exceuted. I tried using #!/bin/ksh -x in a.ksh and at the end i have used /path/b.ksh My problem is it is executing only a.ksh.it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracing a ksh script within a ksh script

I normally trace a script with the ksh -x <script name> and redirect strderr to file. But if you have a script like the examble below...... vi hairy bear=`grep bear animals` if then ksh more_animals fi If I ksh -x hairy it won't trace "more_animals" unless I put a -x in it. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shorty
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

import var and function from ksh script to another ksh script

Ih all, i have multiples ksh scripts for crontab's unix jobs they all have same variables declarations and some similar functions i would have a only single script file to declare my variables, like: var1= "aaa" var2= "bbb" var3= "ccc" ... function ab { ...} function bc { ... }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to capture errors

Hello; I'm trying to write a script to capture any hardware error from logs/syslog on my SUSE 10 servers so i can be notified if we have any hardware issues such a bad fan or battery, etc.. Thanks in advance for any help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh errors while copying a directory

Hello all, I have a ksh script run on Solaris 10 by the root user. The section that's giving me errors is the following: VAR=$(perl -lne '...') if ] ; then print "$VAR undefined" fi recover_files { print "Recovering the files..." cd ${VAR}/files cp -pr nfs /destination print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AdrianM
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script errors

hey watsup guys i am new in the shell script world. so i need help fom you guys, i have written these two codes and they both give the same errors( expr : syntax error). Code 1 : #! /bin/sh # count1 appends an increment to a file 200 times # note that a file called numbers must be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: surubi_abada
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2004 getusershell(3C)