Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How can I stop this???
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How can I stop this??? Post 302600277 by admin_xor on Monday 20th of February 2012 03:25:02 PM
Old 02-20-2012
Are you logged into the console of the machine? Looks like these are warning messages thrown to the STDERR stream of the console. You should not get these if you login through ssh or do a graphical login.

What application are you running on this machine? SAP (looks like one)? As far as I can tell you, this has nothing to do with RHEL, you may wan to check the application settings.

If the application uses syslog daemon to write logs, you may change *.emerg * to *.emerg /var/log/messages in the /etc/rsyslog.conf (or /etc/syslog.conf depending on the RHEL version) file to redirect the emergency messages to /var/log/messages file.

Last edited by admin_xor; 02-20-2012 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: Added info about rsyslog
This User Gave Thanks to admin_xor For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How do I stop this???

Am having trouble trying to stop the process below ... bash# ps -eaf | grep "tape erase" root 29715 1 0 05:16:22 ttyp1 00:00:00 tape erase /dev/rStp0 root 22464 20933 1 03:40:12 ttyp6 00:00:00 grep tape eraseI've tried ... `kill -9 29715` ... but still no luck. Help... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
8 Replies

2. SCO

stop commands

i hit ping to ping a server, and it keeps going. how do you stop it? ctrl Z, D, C, nothing works. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to stop others users to stop viewing what i am doing ?

Hi , I have one question, suppose i am a normal user and when i use 'w' command , it shows who is logged on and what they are doing . Now i want to stop others users to know what i am doing accept the root ? can i do this ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help me stop spammer

Hello, I am hosting a site that someone is bouncing a huge amount of spam off of and I have not been able to find what file they are using to abuse my server. Short of terminating the account and telling my customer to take a hike I am hoping someone can help me find the file that is being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dorpan
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Stop+A equal

Hi, I have replaced my current Intel PC machine with Solaris 10, it use to have windows XP. I am sure alot of people already done this and i have seen Solaris running smoothly but having keyboard problem. What is the equal keys in a QWERTY keyboard for selection <Stop+A> ? Is there a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
5 Replies

6. AIX

a process that never stop

Dears all i have an AIX box in which i am facing a problem with a process as below: /usr/dt/bin/dtexec -open 0 -ttprocid and each time i am killing this process with "kill -9" then it run again after a while. any ideas or solutions will be appreciated. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheEngineer
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To Stop at error

Hi All, I am running parallel process as they all run the same JOBS and only thing which changes is the argument which ia passed. I am doing it as follows script.sh $1 & script.sh $2 & script.sh $3 &.. and so on. Now each process has same set of JOBS which are to be executed. Now say... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prashantckc
1 Replies

8. Solaris

stop - A

I am using solaris x86 with a pc keyboard. i am trying to get to the ok prompt i have tried ctrl-break but it is not working , alt-break will not as well. pls any thought? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop the process

I have the following log file running since yesterday and its consuming so much of the disk space. -rw-rw-r-- 1 dev dba 4543237120 Nov 10 09:00 load_run_file1_0.1111091224.lg How do i kill this process. I don't have any idea of stopping this. Any help would be really appreciated. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
3 Replies
SET SESSION 
AUTHORIZATION(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION(7) NAME
SET_SESSION_AUTHORIZATION - set the session user identifier and the current user identifier of the current session SYNOPSIS
SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] SESSION AUTHORIZATION user_name SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] SESSION AUTHORIZATION DEFAULT RESET SESSION AUTHORIZATION DESCRIPTION
This command sets the session user identifier and the current user identifier of the current SQL session to be user_name. The user name can be written as either an identifier or a string literal. Using this command, it is possible, for example, to temporarily become an unprivileged user and later switch back to being a superuser. The session user identifier is initially set to be the (possibly authenticated) user name provided by the client. The current user identifier is normally equal to the session user identifier, but might change temporarily in the context of SECURITY DEFINER functions and similar mechanisms; it can also be changed by SET ROLE (SET_ROLE(7)). The current user identifier is relevant for permission checking. The session user identifier can be changed only if the initial session user (the authenticated user) had the superuser privilege. Otherwise, the command is accepted only if it specifies the authenticated user name. The SESSION and LOCAL modifiers act the same as for the regular SET(7) command. The DEFAULT and RESET forms reset the session and current user identifiers to be the originally authenticated user name. These forms can be executed by any user. NOTES
SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION cannot be used within a SECURITY DEFINER function. EXAMPLES
SELECT SESSION_USER, CURRENT_USER; session_user | current_user --------------+-------------- peter | peter SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION 'paul'; SELECT SESSION_USER, CURRENT_USER; session_user | current_user --------------+-------------- paul | paul COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard allows some other expressions to appear in place of the literal user_name, but these options are not important in practice. PostgreSQL allows identifier syntax ("username"), which SQL does not. SQL does not allow this command during a transaction; PostgreSQL does not make this restriction because there is no reason to. The SESSION and LOCAL modifiers are a PostgreSQL extension, as is the RESET syntax. The privileges necessary to execute this command are left implementation-defined by the standard. SEE ALSO
SET ROLE (SET_ROLE(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION(7)