Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Slackware 13.
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Slackware 13. Post 302599957 by agama on Sunday 19th of February 2012 03:28:41 PM
Old 02-19-2012
Slackware is Linux. What "is" UNIX is tricky. Have a peek at
What is UNIX ?

if you are interested.

Most Linux and *BSD distributions provide some form of 'net boot' ISO which allows you to down load a minimally sized ISO which contains enough information to boot the machine and then uses a network connection to pull the rest of the material needed for the install over the net. I did a bit of poking, and it doesn't appear that Slackware has such a thing as a net-install ISO.

Maybe someone knows differently, but it wasn't obvious to me.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

DNS on Slackware

Hi. I'm glad join the unix.com forums. Here is my first problem: I've installed Slackware 13 on my PC and configured the IP, Mask and the default gateway. But now I cannot edit the resolv.conf correctly. Can you give me an example with DNS servers like 4.4.4.2 ; 4.4.4.4 ; 8.8.4.4 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: intelfan
1 Replies

2. Slackware

Slackware

I want to know more about the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware, i know already the Concurrency but i want to know further what else is the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware. :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: green12
1 Replies
whohas(1)																 whohas(1)

NAME
whohas - find packages in various distributions' repositories SYNTAX
whohas [--no-threads] [--shallow] [--strict] [-d Dist1[,Dist2[,Dist3 etc.]]] pkgname DESCRIPTION
whohas is a command line tool to query package lists from the Arch, Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, Mandriva, openSUSE, Slackware (and linuxpack- ages.net), Source Mage, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Fink, MacPorts and Cygwin distributions. OPTIONS
--no-threads Don't use multiple threads to query package lists (will be much slower) --shallow Limit to one call per server. Faster, but loses some information, typically package size and release date. --strict List only those packages that have exactly pkgname as their name. -d Dist1[,Dist2[,Dist3 etc.]] Queries only for packages for the listed distributions. Recognised values for Dist1, Dist2, etc. are "archlinux", "cygwin", "debian", "fedora", "fink", "freebsd", "gentoo", "mandriva", "macports", "netbsd", "openbsd", "opensuse", "slackware", "sourcemage", and "ubuntu". pkgname Package name to query for FILES
whohas uses various files in ~/.whohas to cache package lists for some distributions. SEE ALSO
See intro.txt or intro.html notes on using whohas. AUTHORS
whohas is written and maintained by Philipp Wesche <phi1ipp@yahoo.com> This man page was written by Jonathan Wiltshire <debian@jwiltshire.org.uk> for the Debian project and adapted for a new version by Philipp Wesche <phi1ipp@yahoo.com> Jonathan Wiltshire 0.29 whohas(1)