Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sendmail Access DB Scalability Post 302599545 by citaliano on Friday 17th of February 2012 11:58:00 AM
Old 02-17-2012
How much users is now being dumped to file ?

Right now there are no users in the file, it just relays from specific IP addresses and for users in our domain

What is the load of the machine during time with current number of users ?

~4.4 GB of RAM and < 5% cpu usage

What is the HW involved ?

Quadcore 64 bit Xeon CPUX3460 @ 2.80GHz

8GB RAM (roughly 3.5 GB free)

Sendmail Version 8.13.8

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

access file for sendmail

Hi, I have created an access file using makemap and write in user email address that wish to be rejected by the mail server but it doesn't work. I still can receive the emails from the domains that are supposed to be REJECTED. Please help. Sendmail version 8.9.1 Solaris 2.6 TQ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liyas
3 Replies

2. Email Antispam Techniques and Email Filtering

Sendmail Access DB TLD Blocking ....

Now this is a bit tricky, but works great if you can decide which Top Level Domains or TLDs you want to receive mail We are getting so much spam from countries we never receive useful mail, I've been experimenting with blocking entire TLDs using sendmail access_db as an antispam technique. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Linux

sendmail access file problem

I am trying to configure access file of sendmail to relay on certain domain. I noticed that it does not work if I put domain name but it works when I put the IP address of that domain. for example: zgoldz.com RELAY (does not work) RELAY (works fine) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalmod
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix high availability and scalability survey

we're in the process of reviewing of unix infrastructure main objective is to consolidate on the less versions possible key decision factors are scalability and high availability options given our multi-datacenter infrastructure, features like HP's continental cluster are top on our wish list... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iacopet
9 Replies
rusers(1)						      General Commands Manual							 rusers(1)

NAME
rusers - Display a list of users who are logged in to a remote machine SYNOPSIS
rusers [-ahilu] host... OPTIONS
Give a report for a machine even if no users are logged in. Sort alphabetically by host name. Sort by idle time. Give a longer listing in the style of who(1). Sort by number of users. DESCRIPTION
The rusers command displays information about users and processes running on remote machines. The listing is in the order in which responses are received, but this order can be changed by specifying one of the options listed in the OPTIONS section. By default the rusers command prints the names of the users logged in. When the -l option is given, additional information is printed for each user, as follows: userid hostname:terminal login date login time idle time login host If hostname and login host are the same value, the login host field is not displayed. Likewise, if hostname is not idle, the idle time is not displayed. A remote host only responds if it is running the rusersd daemon, which may be started from the inetd daemon or the listen function. SEE ALSO
Commands: who(1), inetd(8) Functions: listen(2) rusers(1)