Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problems with network user account /Library/ Folders Post 302599399 by field1024 on Friday 17th of February 2012 03:32:11 AM
Old 02-17-2012
Logout Hook

I made .sh file which is located in a folder i created on the local machine, this is its contents
#!/bin/sh

rm -R /Users/$1/Library

exit 0

This would remove the one locally but because when they log in with there ad credentials they also have one which is within there network area (on a windows file server) as well i am having issues setting up a script with a variable so that whoever logs on it deletes it from there home area's.

A example of the location of there home areas are /server1/department/Smith09j

Thanks for your reply.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows xp network problems

Hello guys , i have a big big problem. At the company that i work for there are like 4 pcs that are sending and recieving a lot of packets to the point that the network is down. we think that it might be a virus, we run all the antivirus that you could posible think of and nothing so far. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX / Tape Library Communication Problems

Hi All, Hoping that you'll be able to help out on - I've a problem occuring in our backups that's driving me up the wall. I've got an HP-UX Visualise 6500 as below: ================================ root # uname -a HP-UX <NAME> B.11.00 A 9000/785 2005956095 two-user license... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geralex
2 Replies

3. SuSE

Linux Network problems-Please help

Hullo everyone, I have recently installed SUSE 9.1 and attached it to my Network router (Actiontec 54Mbps Wireless DSL Gateway) but can't connect to the internet. It comes up with the following error message: An error occurred while loading "http://www.yahoo.com":Timeout on server - connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sybella1
2 Replies

4. Slackware

Network Startup Problems

I recently installed slackware 11 and have been very happy with it until I found out that some gnome related apps can cause gnome's network manager to alter the rc.init1 script by adding 3 lines to the script containing only the command, eth_up. This causes the script not to run properly and not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djtrippin
1 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

account problems..

I registered yesterday, entered a post in unix experts area, had one response. Tried logging in this morning, could not get logged on or see the post I put up yesterday??? please advise... thanks - terp714@yahoo.com (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: terp714
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Problems with SS5 Network

Hey. i have a SPARCstation 5 running solaris 8 and CDE, i know this hardware is really old but its the only Solaris machine i can afford at this time, (Student) but im having a hard time getting it on the internet, im using a cable modem, andt DHCP IPv4, but i can`t get a connection, i have heard... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

8. SCO

network problems with sco

SCO unix 5.0.5 - Suddently network lost & has to be reboot. I try to stop TCP & start TCP. but no connection. Any idea about that. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajantha
8 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Activation problems with new account.

I received the email describing how to acivate my new account (I'm using Outlook 2007). I tried clicking the URL given and was told "invalid web address". I tried copying and pasting both URL's - "invalid web address. Lastly, I tried typing in the URL - "invalid web address". There were no spaces... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ki6bxp
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to demonstrate network problems?

Hi, I work on several Sun servers running Solaris (SunOS 5.10). All of these are Application Servers with a propietary software running on it. It happens that some times (not regularly/deterministic and not so often, i.e. twice a month circa) we register what I think are network problems. I say... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evan
4 Replies
asadmin-delete-instance(1AS)					   User Commands				      asadmin-delete-instance(1AS)

NAME
delete-instance - deletes the instance that is not running. SYNOPSIS
delete-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s]instance_name Use the delete-instance command to delete the instance that you specify. The delete-instance command can be run both locally and remotely. To delete the instance locally, not requiring the administration server to be up and running, specify the --local option. To delete the instance remotely, the administration server must be running on the hostname and port number specified. The user authenticates using the password identified for the administration server. Additionally, the instance must already exist within the domain served by the adminis- tration server. Use this command with discretion since it is destructive and there is no undo. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --domain name of the domain. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be deleted. Example 1: Using delete-instance in local mode asadmin> delete-instance --domain domain1 server1 Deleted Instance server1 successfully Where: the server1 instance for the domain1 domain is deleted on the local machine. Example 2: Using delete-instance in remote mode asadmin> delete-instance --user admin --passwordfile passwords.txt --host localhost --port 4848 server1 Deleted Instance server1 successfully Where: the server1 instance for the domain associated with the specified user, passwords in the password file, host, and port number is deleted on the remote machine. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-instance(1AS)