Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to find backshash and place the content in next line Post 302599139 by Corona688 on Thursday 16th of February 2012 10:16:38 AM
Old 02-16-2012
You get a useless use of cat award.

Code:
sed 's/\\/\\\n/g' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the value of a line, that changes place

Hi I am trying to get the value of several results in a file called seq032.diag. The values I am looking for is down under Smooth Tracking nodes and is for g01r01 g02r01 s01t02 etc etc. The problem is that when I try to use look for text and tail etc, it works fine in one result file. In... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navigatorchief
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string and place two blank lines

Hi friends, I am looking for a line to find a particular string in my file and once found then replace with 2-3 blank lines before the string Example: aaa 11 bbb 1 2 3 aaa 22 bbb 4 5 6 Output (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaliniyadav
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script - Print Content of next line

Good evening to you all perl experts I need your help I have a very simple script where I´m trying to print a line from status.dat file. The script will find the line containing "servicestatus", and I want to print the content of the next line. For example, the file contains this text:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zarahel
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Place variables at the beginning of each line

Hello all, I am very new to the shell scripting and I hope someone can help me with this. I have thousands of files with certain format of information and I need to do this for all my files. For each file, grab the numbers in the first and second rows and place them in the position 1 and 2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoldenFire
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Place 'find' results within TeX command

Hi, In an effort to collect all my .java-files and place them in a LaTeXfile (using the listings environment of latex), i tried to use ex. So what i have now is: find . -name "*\.java" > latex ex latex <<HERE %s/\(.*\)/\\lstinputlisting{\1} wq HERE So i try to escape the '\' with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HannesBBR
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for inserting line at specific place in file

I use zentyal for my server admin, which is great but zentyal auto-generates config file on boot and hence overwrites any changes made directly to config files. In order to allow multiple user access to a MS ACCESS database, I need to customise the smb.conf file and add the following line to the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the variable from the line and use it to find the file and read the content of that file

Hi, I am working on one script..I am having files in the below format file 1 (each line is separated with : delimeter) SPLASH:SPLASH:SVN CIB/MCH:MCH:SVN Now I want from file 1 that most left part of the first line will store in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find regex, place on individual lines and insert blank line before

Hello, I have a file that I want to be able to insert a new line before every instance of a regex. I can get it to do this for each line that contains the regex, but not for each instance. Contents of infile: Test this 1... Test this 2... Test this 3... Test this 4... Test this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deneuve01
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find for line with not null values at nth place in pipe delimited file

Hi, I am trying to find the lines in a pipe delimited file where 11th column has not null values. Any help is appreciated. Need help asap please. thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manikms
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Remove new line for a particular place

Hello All, I have a text file which gets uploaded to tables using shells script. However before running that script I need to alter it, like in the below I have to firstly find the word 1234 and remove the new line from end of it. 1234,5678,fasfasasfsadf abc changes to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep_sandy
11 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)