Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to Install Solaris on my test server Post 302599079 by little2712 on Thursday 16th of February 2012 06:45:32 AM
Old 02-16-2012
ya its hard drive error but it seems that ur os is working
This User Gave Thanks to little2712 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to install Oracle 11G in solaris 10

Hi I am unalbe to install oracle 11G in solaris 10 in SPARC machine, I am getting this below errror while installing with /.runInstaller Warning: Cannot convert string "-monotype-arial-regular-r-normal--*-140-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct Exception java.lang.NullPointerException... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
0 Replies

2. Solaris

how to install iplanet messaging server 5.2 on solaris 10

hi all, I want to install iplanet messaging service in solaris 10. if it is possible plz send the procedure for installation.its urgent plz regards spandan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
2 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Unable to install ubuntu on vmware server

Hi I have downloaded vmware server 1.0.10 and ubuntu 9.10. Installed vmware server on my windows xp and created the disk space for Ubuntu. Now when i am running the virtual machine using the above downloaded iso image, I get the installation window. I selected 'Install Ubuntu' option and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kushal154
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Creating A Solaris Zone - Unable to install - Are network settings required?

Hi i have created a solaris zone but have not yet connected any network cables for this new zone, can i set the zone up without running the command 'add net' and not adding an ip or physical interface? i tried to add dummy internet settings and get this zonecfg:coddr> add net... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiesolaris10
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable to install datastage server on Redhat Linux

Hi, i have tried to install datastage server on redhat Linux operating system. But i unable to install the datastage sevrer. here are the details of the system. 1. Lynix installed using vmwear. vmwear Version :7.0.1 build-227600 2. lynix version information. uname -a ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onesuri
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 9 - Unable to ping a particular server, traceroute also displays * * *

Hi All, I am new to solaris environment and we are using Solaris 9 The problem is am unable to ping a particular server from from one of the solaris server The traceroute also shows only * * * for all the 30 hops I tried to check all the settings like 1) /etc/hosts -> contains the... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjay255
17 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris jumpstart install server

I am attempting to install Solaris 10, on a SPARC platform, from a Solaris install server running under Oracle Virtual Box (x86 platform) solarisbox1 is server with IP 10.1.1.21 solarisbox2 is client with IP 10.1.1.60 Snoop gives me the following .. solarisbox1 -> (broadcast) ARP C who is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robs2015
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to build an install server for Solaris 8?

I need to boot again a server with solaris 8 because I have a problem with the file path_to_install and I have not a CD/DVD driver. So I'd like to build an install server for executing a boot by network. Could I use a server with solaris 10? Many thanks for your suggests Best Regards at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ardgiu70
2 Replies

9. Solaris

How to install an JumpStart Server on Solaris 11.3?

Hey Guys, i'm trying to install and configure a jumpstart server on a solaris 11.3 x86 based system. I've already created the folders to install the server. I've tried to use the installation script as follow (i'm root on the system): ./setup_install_server /export/jumpstart Everything works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcusg562
2 Replies
hdio(7I)							  Ioctl Requests							  hdio(7I)

NAME
hdio - SMD and IPI disk control operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/hdio.h> DESCRIPTION
Note - The SMC and IPI drivers have been discontinued. dkio(7I) is now the preferred method for retrieving disk information. The SMD and IPI disk drivers supplied with this release support a set of ioctl(2) requests for diagnostics and bad sector information. Basic to these ioctl() requests are the definitions in <sys/hdio.h>. IOCTLS
HDKIOCGTYPE The argument is a pointer to a hdk_type structure (described below). This ioctl() gets specific information from the hard disk. HDKIOCSTYPE The argument is a pointer to a hdk_type structure (described below). This ioctl() sets specific information about the hard disk. /* * Used for drive info */ struct hdk_type { ushort_t hdkt_hsect; /* hard sector count (read only) */ ushort_t hdkt_promrev; /* prom revision (read only) */ uchar_t hdkt_drtype; /* drive type (ctlr specific) */ uchar_t hdkt_drstat; /* drive status (ctlr specific, ro) */ }; HDKIOCGBAD The argument is a pointer to a hdk_badmap structure (described below). This ioctl() is used to get the bad sector map from the disk. HDKIOCSBAD The argument is a pointer to a hdk_badmap structure (described below). This ioctl() is used to set the bad sector map on the disk. /* * Used for bad sector map */ struct hdk_badmap { caddr_t hdkb_bufaddr; /* address of user's map buffer */ }; HDKIOCGDIAG The argument is a pointer to a hdk_diag structure (described below). This ioctl() gets the most recent command that failed along with the sector and error number from the hard disk. /* * Used for disk diagnostics */ struct hdk_diag { ushort_t hdkd_errcmd; /* most recent command in error */ daddr_t hdkd_errsect; /* most recent sector in error */ uchar_t hdkd_errno; /* most recent error number */ uchar_t hdkd_severe; /* severity of most recent error */ }; SEE ALSO
ioctl(2), dkio(7I) SunOS 5.10 13 Aug 2002 hdio(7I)