Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat User and Group quota is not working on RHEL6.2 ext4/ext3 Post 302598919 by admin_xor on Wednesday 15th of February 2012 05:23:50 PM
Old 02-15-2012
Well this directory is going to be used by an application running on the server. I am monitoring the application now and it's actually working without any problem. I will check for the SELinux security context the application is using and will try changing the same for the /u02 directory. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I check the user's mail quota?

how can I check mail quota, and then how can I send mail to user whose quota get full??? :confused: For this which script must I use? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: emreatlier
8 Replies

2. Linux

How to set user quota

I've a redhat 9.0 and I want to set a user quota. but the question is where should I start from and How ??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KaiXiang
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adding quota for a group

***deleted by reborg for rule 1 violation*** (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoranjan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable user quota

hi! i would like to enable user quota on my system (FreeBSD 6.2) i've check on enabling user quota here but i still confuse with fstab it shows there: /dev/da1s2g /home ufs rw,userquota 1 2 but my current /etc/fstab : # Device Mountpoint FStype Options ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdns
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

User quota

Hi, I want to apply the user quota, but i am unable to apply the quota to user. Kindly provide the guide line, so that i can sortout the problem. Step 1: Create partion on device #fdisk /dev/sda (because hard disk is scsi) #n (new partition table) i.e /dev/sda8. #p ( to print the partition... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lvm user quota

Whats the best method of setting lvm user quota? I saw both of these and I am not sure which to use. Linux File System Quotas Howtos Linux-Vserver With LVM And Quotas - 5dollarwhitebox.org Media Wiki (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Convert ext4 to ext3

Is there any way to conver ext4 to ext3 filesystem without formatting the partition/disk .. Had ext3 filesystem and had converted it to ext4 by issuing following command # tune2fs -O extents,uninit_bg,dir_index /dev/sda1 # fsck -pf /dev/sda1 # blkid /dev/sda1 /dev/sda1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
1 Replies

8. Linux

Quota issue on user belongs to multiple Group

I have setup a group quota for better disk usage. What i am doing is to setup a quota with Samba share. I created user1,user2 and group project1 which belongs to /home/project1 dir. Quota is implemented on project1 group to write 100 MB on this share and This is working fine if a user1 and user2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Auto Increasing Quota for User.

Hi, I would like to know wheather we can increase the quota for particular user automatically? I am having requirement to increase the quota only for 2 days in a week. but that shoule be automatically instead of manualy modification. is it possible? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

User is a Part of a Group But Group Details Do Not Show the User

Hi, In the following output you can see the the user "richard" is a member on the team/group "developers": # id richard uid=10247(richard) gid=100361(developers) groups=100361(developers),10053(testers) but in the following details of the said group (developers), the said user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
3 Replies
getcon(3)						     SELinux API documentation							 getcon(3)

NAME
getcon, getprevcon, getpidcon - get SELinux security context of a process. freecon, freeconary - free memory associated with SELinux security contexts. getpeercon - get security context of a peer socket. setcon - set current security context of a process. SYNOPSIS
#include <selinux/selinux.h> int getcon(security_context_t *context); int getprevcon(security_context_t *context); int getpidcon(pid_t pid, security_context_t *context); int getpeercon(int fd, security_context_t *context); void freecon(security_context_t con); void freeconary(security_context_t *con); int setcon(security_context_t context); DESCRIPTION
getcon retrieves the context of the current process, which must be free'd with freecon. getprevcon same as getcon but gets the context before the last exec. getpidcon returns the process context for the specified PID. getpeercon retrieves context of peer socket, and set *context to refer to it, which must be free'd with freecon. freecon frees the memory allocated for a security context. freeconary frees the memory allocated for a context array. If con is NULL, no operation is performed. setcon sets the current security context of the process to a new value. Note that use of this function requires that the entire applica- tion be trusted to maintain any desired separation between the old and new security contexts, unlike exec-based transitions performed via setexeccon(3). When possible, decompose your application and use setexeccon() and execve() instead. Since access to file descriptors is revalidated upon use by SELinux, the new context must be explicitly authorized in the policy to use the descriptors opened by the old context if that is desired. Otherwise, attempts by the process to use any existing descriptors (including stdin, stdout, and stderr) after performing the setcon() will fail. A multi-threaded application can perform a setcon() prior to creating any child threads, in which case all of the child threads will inherit the new context. However, setcon() will fail if there are any other threads running in the same process. If the process was being ptraced at the time of the setcon() operation, ptrace permission will be revalidated against the new context and the setcon() will fail if it is not allowed by policy. RETURN VALUE
On error -1 is returned. On success 0 is returned. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), setexeccon(3) russell@coker.com.au 21 December 2011 getcon(3)