Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Modification
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Modification Post 302598583 by mnmonu on Wednesday 15th of February 2012 12:14:53 AM
Old 02-15-2012
File Modification

Hi, I have a file input.txt. cat input.txt output is as follows : Code: "0001"~"name"~"bb"~"20.25"~""~""~"0002"~"name" "dd"~"35.50"~"" ~""~"0003"~"name"~"aa"~"21.3 5"~""~""~ I want the output looking like: cat output.txt Code: "0001"~"name"~"bb"~"20.25"~""~""~ "0002"~"name""dd"~"35.50"~""~""~ "0003"~"name"~"aa"~"21.35"~""~""~ I have a script. Code: cat input.txt | tr -d '\n' | sed 's/\("name"\)/\1\n/g' > output.txt here I have to check "name" string and then enter newline. But I want the output as above. Anyone can help me please. Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File modification time

Does anyone know how to display the time with seconds of when a file was last modified. I can get hour & minutes but would also like seconds. --Running AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edog
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification

Dear all, i have a file which contains this lines. 0-0 CC=1 0-01 0-011 0-0111 0-01110 F=500 CC=1 L=15 M=5 TRD=3948... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the file modification time of a file on nfs mount point

Hi I am accessing a file on nfs mounted device, after completing using of the file, i am tring to restore the access time and modification times of the file. So i got the previous modified time of the file using stat() function and trying to set the date and time for the file, To set these... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification history

Can anyone please suggest an alternate command for "stat" . I am trying this on Solaris 5.9 , but the command doesn't exist. Basically i need to see one particalar file modification history. Any help is appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk1216
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with file modification

Hi, I have a file test.txt . The contain of the file is as below : 365798~SAPUS~PR5~0000799005~ADM CHARG MEDCAL INS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SLAC480 I want to modify this file. And file contain loking like "365798"~"SAPUS"~"PR5"~"0000799005"~"ADM CHARG MEDCAL... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for File Modification

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt. cat abcd.txt output is as follows : "aa"~"bb"~"001"~""~""~"cc" "dd"~"005"~"" ~""~"kk"~"aa"~"00 8"~""~""~ I want the output looking like: cat abcd.txt "aa"~"bb"~"001"~""~""~ "cc""dd"~"005"~""~""~ "kk"~"aa"~"008"~""~""~ I have a script. (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I have a file disk_space.log. cat disk_space.log 94% / 32% /boot 38% /mnt/data 100% /media/CDROM I want the output, like cat disk_space.log 94% / 100% /media/CDROM That means print the line those are grater-than 90%. And rest of the line is remove from file. I have a... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I have a file. This file contain huge amount of data. I want to modify this file. I want enter new line when count of "~ character is 79. Please find below the code : cat file_name | tr -d '\n' | sed... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. Programming

File content modification

HI All, I have a file with content as below Filename: my name is xyz my name abc my name is bdf end Filename: my name uvx my name edd my name jhn end i want to edit the content and save into another file as Filename1: my name is xyz Filename1: my name abc Filename1: my name is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhon1257
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help For File modification

Hi, I have a file. File contains are as follows : Feb 19, 2012 5:05:00 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080 Feb 19, 2012 5:05:00 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load INFO: Initialization processed in 771 ms Feb 20, 2012... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)					       Generic Mapping Tools						 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)

NAME
x2sys_merge - Merge an updated COEs tables SYNOPSIS
x2sys_merge -Amain_COElist.d -Mnew_COElist.d DESCRIPTION
x2sys_merge will read two crossovers data base and output the contents of the main one updated with the COEs in the second one. The second file should only contain updated COEs relatively to the first one. That is, it MUST NOT contain any new two tracks intersections (This point is NOT checked in the code). This program is useful when, for any good reason like file editing NAV correction or whatever, one had to recompute only the COEs between the edited files and the rest of the database. -A Specify the file main_COElist.d with the main crossover error data base. -M Specify the file new_COElist.d with the newly computed crossover error data base. OPTIONS
No space between the option flag and the associated arguments. EXAMPLES To update the main COE_data.txt with the new COEs estimations saved in the smaller COE_fresh.txt, try x2sys_merge -ACOE_data.txt -MCOE_fresh.txt > COE_updated.txt SEE ALSO
x2sys_binlist(1), x2sys_cross(1), x2sys_datalist(1), x2sys_get(1), x2sys_init(1), x2sys_list(1), x2sys_put(1), x2sys_report(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)