Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Day of year to dd.mm.yyyy format Post 302598489 by Racegod on Tuesday 14th of February 2012 04:28:53 PM
Old 02-14-2012
This should help you out: http:// unixhelp. ed. ac. uk/CGI/man-cgi?date
Remove the spaces for the weblink...
its the man pages for the "date" command...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get yesterday's date in year-month-day format?

Dear All, Actually, i'm doing some reporting job and i need to pass yesterday's date in Year-Month-Day format(e.g. 2009-06-10) to another program for generating 2009-06-10 report. to get today's date, it's easy to just date '+%Y%m%d' , but no idea how can i get this kind of format for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function to get day of week from YYYY-MM-DD date

Can't find out how to get the day of the week from a given date, anyone got a code snippet that could help please? Ta!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: couponmeup
4 Replies

3. AIX

Convert unix timestamp to year month day format ?

Hello, How do I convert unix timestamp value to 'normal' date format - to get year month and day values ? Looks like it's easy to do using GNU date (linux systems). But how do I do tthis on AIX ? I don't want to write C program, any ways to do that using unix shells ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get day of year

Hi, I wold like to know the day of year from a date in input. I know to get this from sysate with date +%j But from a date in input? :confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinguc
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

change date format from yyyy/mm/dd to dd/mm/yyyy

(Attention: Green PHP newbie !) I have an online inquiry form, delivering a date in the form yyyy/mm/dd to my feedback form. If the content passes several checks, the form sends an e-mail to me. All works fine. I just would like to receive the date in the form dd/mm/yyyy. I tried with some code,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: keyboarder
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting filenames from julian day to yyyy-mm-dd and retrieving weekly mean values

Hi, I need help to convert the filenames of my 9-year daily files (1999-2007) from a julian day to yyyy-mm-dd format. my original files are patterned likes the ones below. 1999001.txt 1999002.txt 1999003.txt 1999004.txt ... 1999365.txt desired output: 19990101.txt 19990102.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian day to dates in YEAR-MONTH-DAY

hello, I have many files called day001, day002, day003 and I want to rename them by day20070101, day20070102, etc. I need to do it for several years and leap years as well. What is the best way to do it ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ggg
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass date (YYYY-MM-DD) as parameter and get Day

Hi, I have a requirement where I have to pass Date to a script and get the day from it. Ex If parameter is 2015-09-29 The output should be Tuesday. Can you please tell me how to get that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format YYYY/MM/DD to DD/MM/YYYY

I am getting output of YYYY-MM-DD and want to change this to DD/MM/YYYY. When am running the query in 'Todd' to_date(column_name,'DD/MM/YYYY') am getting the required o/p of DD/MM/YYYY, But when am executing the same query(Netezza) in linux server(bash) am getting the output of YYYY-MM-DD file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies
HTML::FormHandler::Field::Date(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       HTML::FormHandler::Field::Date(3pm)

NAME
HTML::FormHandler::Field::Date - a date field with formats VERSION
version 0.40013 SUMMARY
This field may be used with the jQuery Datepicker plugin. You can specify the format for the date using jQuery formatDate strings or DateTime strftime formats. (Default format is format => '%Y-%m-%d'.) d - "%e" - day of month (no leading zero) dd - "%d" - day of month (two digit) o - "%{day_of_year}" - day of the year (no leading zeros) oo - "%j" - day of the year (three digit) D - "%a" - day name short DD - "%A" - day name long m - "%{day_of_month" - month of year (no leading zero) mm - "%m" - month of year (two digit) "%m" M - "%b" - month name short MM - "%B" - month name long y - "%y" - year (two digit) yy - "%Y" - year (four digit) @ - "%s" - Unix timestamp (ms since 01/01/1970) For example: has_field 'start_date' => ( type => 'Date', format => "dd/mm/y" ); or has_field 'start_date' => ( type => 'Date', format => "%d/%m/%y" ); You can also set 'date_end' and 'date_start' attributes for validation of the date range. Use iso_8601 formats for these dates ("yyyy-mm- dd"); has_field 'start_date' => ( type => 'Date', date_start => "2009-12-25" ); Customize error messages 'date_early' and 'date_late': has_field 'start_date' => ( type => 'Date, messages => { date_early => 'Pick a later date', date_late => 'Pick an earlier date', } ); If form has 'is_html5' flag active it will render <input type="date" ... /> instead of type="text" AUTHOR
FormHandler Contributors - see HTML::FormHandler COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Gerda Shank. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-25 HTML::FormHandler::Field::Date(3pm)