Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Computing the ratio of similar columns in the two files using awk script Post 302598430 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 14th of February 2012 11:45:57 AM
Old 02-14-2012
You could try gawk if you have it or as you only need the count just sum them as you go:

Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{a[$2];next}$2 in a{c++}END{print c}' t1 t2

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy similar files only both at different locations using script.

Hello, Here is the situation.............. # pwd /opt/123 # cat index.txt abc-monitor/homedir/public_html/index.php abc-monitor/homedir/public_html/test/index.php abc-monitor/homedir/public_html/test1/index.php # cp index.txt index.home # cat /root/x (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing similar columns in two different files

Hi, I have two text files.The first and the 2nd file have data in the same format For e.g. The first file has table_name1 column1 sum(column1) max(column1) min(column1) table_name1 column2 sum(column2) max(column2) min(column2) table_name1 coulmn3 sum(column3) max(column3) min(column3) ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files with similar names to folder

I have in directory /media/AUDIO/WAVE many .mp3 files with names like: my filename_01of02.mp3 my filename_02of02.mp3 Your File_01of06.mp3 Your File_02of06.mp3 etc.... In the same directory, /media/AUDIO/WAVE, I have many folders with names like 9780743579490 9780743579491 etc.. Inside... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge two files with two columns being similar

Hi everyone. How can I merge two files, where each file has 2 columns and the first columns in both files are similar? I want all in a file of 4 columns; join command removes the duplicate columns. 1 Dave 2 Mark 3 Paul 1 Apple 2 Orange 3 Grapes to get it like this in the 3rd file:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: calculate ratio of columns

Hi all, I have a tab-delimited text file in which i have a few columns which look like, X Y U V 2 3 4 5 4 5 3 4 6 4 3 2 For example, I want to calculate the ratio (X+Y)/(X+Y+U+V) for each row and print the output. X Y U V ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two columns from two files with similar names into a loop

I have two files like this: fileA.net A B C fileA.dat 1 2 3 and I want the output output_expected A 1 B 2 C 3 I know that the easier way is to do a paste fileA.net fileA.dat, but the problem is that I have 10,000 couple of files (fileB.net with fileB.dat; fileC.net with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: valente
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to split file into multiple files based on many columns

So I have a space delimited file that I'd like to split into multiple files based on multiple column values. This is what my data looks like 1bc9A02 1 10 1000 FTDLNLVQALRQFLWSFRLPGEAQKIDRMMEAFAQRYCQCNNGVFQSTDTCYVLSFAIIMLNTSLHNPNVKDKPTVERFIAMNRGINDGGDLPEELLRNLYESIKNEPFKIPELEHHHHHH 1ku1A02 1 10... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: viored
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to calculate failure ratio

Hello geeks, Find below a Perl script am writing to calculate some failure rate in our GPRS network, am just starting to use perl for scripting. #!/usr/bin/perl #Script written to calculate the following: #PDP activation failure rate for every 15 minutes interval #Number of Active PDP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: infinitydon
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between two csv files in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk/unix and am trying to put together an awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between the two csv files. Here are the contents of the two files: File 1: Date,ParentID,Number,Area,Volume,Dimensions 2014-01-01,ABC,247,83430.33,857.84,8110.76... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vlookup using awk non similar files

I need to vlookup and check the server not found. Source file 1 server1 server2 server3 server4 server5_root server6_silver server7 server7-test server7-temp Source file 2 server1_bronze (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
6 Replies
END(7)							  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation						    END(7)

NAME
END - commit the current transaction SYNOPSIS
END [ WORK | TRANSACTION ] DESCRIPTION
END commits the current transaction. All changes made by the transaction become visible to others and are guaranteed to be durable if a crash occurs. This command is a PostgreSQL extension that is equivalent to COMMIT(7). PARAMETERS
WORK, TRANSACTION Optional key words. They have no effect. NOTES
Use ROLLBACK(7) to abort a transaction. Issuing END when not inside a transaction does no harm, but it will provoke a warning message. EXAMPLES
To commit the current transaction and make all changes permanent: END; COMPATIBILITY
END is a PostgreSQL extension that provides functionality equivalent to COMMIT(7), which is specified in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
BEGIN(7), COMMIT(7), ROLLBACK(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 END(7)