Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need some help on setting up rsync Post 302598185 by Corona688 on Monday 13th of February 2012 05:00:18 PM
Old 02-13-2012
permitroot refers to logins, not the originating user.

How to auto rsync with ssh passwordless - Ubuntu Forums

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync

I have to update my files to 2-4 servers and I tar all the files and ftp to every server. I have heard about Rsync, but are there any other ways that are the same as Rsync?> (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darknite87
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync

Am I correct in assuming that the following command: rsync -a /a /b does not make any changes on /a if there are files on /b that are newer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
2 Replies

3. SuSE

rsync

I'm trying to use rsync to sync some data from my windows laptop to my linux openSUSE home sytem using cwRsync. The process has always worked until I got a new laptop and more or less at the same time decided to rebuild my linux box. on linux rsync --version rsync version 3.0.7 protocol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giessenw
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsync Help?

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to rsync and I've been tasked to "fix" an existing .sh to make it work the way I need it to. I have the following rsync set up on a cron job: /usr/local/bin/rsync --stats -qPzrtpl --delete --password-file=/var/run/.appprodrsync ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Russell P
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync

Hi all, I'm new to the rsync world in hpux. Currently I have rsync going through the main public lan, but dude to traffic loads, I have been told that i need to use a dedicated rsync lan. I currently have 4 spare nics and the plan was to use one of these for the rsync, but I can't figure out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxwanabe
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Is there a difference between setting a user as nologin and setting it as a role?

Trying to figure out the best method of security for oracle user accounts. In Solaris 10 they are set as regular users but have nologin set forcing the dev's to login as themselves and then su to the oracle users. In Solaris11 we have the option of making it a role because RBAC is enabled but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: os2mac
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on rsync

Hi experts, We need copy 5TB data from one server to another (over a 10Gbps link). We plan to use rsync -av remote:/<path /local on destination server but there're few special requirements like: 1. data copy process should run only from 18:00 Hrs to 07:00 every day until copy is completed. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magnus29
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

9. Linux

Setting Up Google 2F Authentication for Automated (Crontab) rsync

Dear All, I have Google Two Factor (2F) Authentication enabled for sshd on most of my Linux servers. This works well and I highly recommend it. My question is: Has anyone set this up for rsync which runs in a crontab? For example, supposed we have this simple crontab script: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_rsyncd - Manages an rsync daemon SYNOPSIS
rsyncd [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
This script manages rsync daemon SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
binpath The rsync binary path. For example, "/usr/bin/rsync" (optional, string, default rsync) conffile The rsync daemon configuration file name with full path. For example, "/etc/rsyncd.conf" (optional, string, default /etc/rsyncd.conf) bwlimit This option allows you to specify a maximum transfer rate in kilobytes per second. This option is most effective when using rsync with large files (several megabytes and up). Due to the nature of rsync transfers, blocks of data are sent, then if rsync determines the transfer was too fast, it will wait before sending the next data block. The result is an average transfer rate equaling the specified limit. A value of zero specifies no limit. (optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. Suggested interval: 60s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a rsyncd resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_rsyncd ocf:heartbeat:rsyncd op monitor depth="0" timeout="20s" interval="60s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/rsyncd_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7)