Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Which are the sparc only solaris 10 commands? Post 302598086 by jim mcnamara on Monday 13th of February 2012 10:18:19 AM
Old 02-13-2012
Or did you mean only available as sparc?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 9 x86 and Sparc?

Hi, What is the difference between Solaris 9 x86 and Sparc besides the hardware. Is all the command the same or there are a difference? Plus where can go to get more information on the differences. Many thanks, -n (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Insomniac
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 7 Sparc 5

First of all, I want to salute everybody. Since a week ago I put myself many troubles. :) I decide to install Solaris 7, in a sun sparcstation 5, with raid5. And I don't know almost anything about unix systems, not only Solaris. :) I want to install mysql, apache, php4. I'm not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kisoun
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 7 Sparc 5

08-11-2005, 03:23 PM I posted the below thread in UNIX for dummies Questions and Answers. I thank the guy who posted a proposition to resolve my problem. I decided to repost the problem here. Who knows :) So, here it goes: Since a week ago I put myself many troubles. I decide to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kisoun
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Patch for Solaris 5.9 on sparc

IS the cluster_patch for Solaris 5.9 free to download from Sun web site, i just can't find it, please help? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 SPARC for VM Ware

Hi All, Actually i need to install solaris 10 version over VMWare which is installed over my windows machine. On that solaris version i need to install Weblogic application server, I need to know where can i download SOLARIS 10 for this and also what is the difference in SPARC and x86 version and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jain_sharad143
10 Replies

8. Solaris

How to read this Solaris version:-Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC?

Hi Guys, Could you please tell me how to read this Solaris version:- Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)