Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Basic use of who, cut, grep and pipes?? Post 302597862 by bartus11 on Sunday 12th of February 2012 04:11:36 PM
Old 02-12-2012
This sounds like homework. For that kind of requests we have special subforum: Homework & Coursework Questions. Read and follow rules that govern it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

PIPEs and Named PIPEs (FIFO) Buffer size

Hello! How I can increase or decrease predefined pipe buffer size? System FreeBSD 4.9 and RedHat Linux 9.0 Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jus
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and cut....

hi, i have a simple question: in hpux 11i; this cmd : cat mailtest |grep sekar >test1 gives the output file with the name test1. i want to remove the line which contains the "sekar" and put the result in the new file.... what is the command for that?.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut sed grep or other?

Hi Is there a way to cut the last two characters off a word or number given that this word or number can be of varying length? I have tried something like TEST=`echo $OLD | cut -c 1-5` where $OLD is a variable containing a number like 1234567 which gives a result of 12345. This is fine... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rleebife
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tail, grep and cut

Hello all, I have some weird problem that kinda baffles me. Say I have the following test file: claudia:~/tmp$ cat testfile.txt This is a test line This is the second test line And yeah, this is the third test line Then say I want to tail the file, grep for the word "third" then... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sylaan
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic grep question

I think I am doing this correctly, but it is responding very quickly with no results so I am not sure. I need to do a case insensitive grep of all files in my current directory grep -i <keyword> /my/directory is that correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guessingo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic Grep

I am trying to grep a section of .txt file...but once I grep the certain area of the file I would like to display all lines below it as well....how do I have to go about doing this... example grep "Sidney Crosby" hockey.txt result Sidney Crosby Age Goals Assist Can this be done... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisp200
8 Replies

7. Slackware

How should I cut this line using cut and grep?

not sure how to do it. wan't to delete it using cut and grep ince i would use it in the shell. but how must the command be? grep "64.233.181.103 wwwGoogle.com" /etc/hosts | cut -d the delimeter is just a space. can you help meplease. :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garfish
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Lines using grep

Hi, I have a SQL script with "create table" and "alter table" statements and I want to cut all the alter table statements from original file (A) and move it to a different file (B). Can you please me the option. Thanks a lot for your time. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhupinder08
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic grep -c Question

Hello, I have a csv list which contains a reference and tariff code for every customer we have (~7.2 million) looking something like this: customernumber,tariff 012345678910,T0001 012345678911,T0002 012345678912,T0001-A0001 I have a 2nd list which contains every unique tariff and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cludgie
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic grep question

Shell : Bash shell (Fedora 26) In the below text file (output.txt), I need to find all lines starting with the pattern pc. As you can see, only one line matches this condition (pc hello world). But, my below 3 attempts return wrong output. How do I use the grep command correctly here ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)