Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert awk command to Perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert awk command to Perl Post 302597522 by gvolpini on Friday 10th of February 2012 02:29:11 PM
Old 02-10-2012
Convert awk command to Perl

Hi all;

I have a Perl script that uses this awk command wrapped in a "system" call; it works exactly as I want it; however I want to keep this a Perl script and have very few if any "system" command...so the question; can someone help me code this in Perl please ... i have tried an now I am doing this SmilieSmilieSmilie

Code:
system( q@awk -F',' 'FNR==NR {buff[$1]=$0;next}
                  {
                     if(buff[$1]=="") { new[$1]=$0; next;}
                     if(buff[$1]==$0) { delete buff[$1]; next;}
                     if(buff[$1]!=$0) { chng[$1]=$0; delete buff[$1];}
                  }
                  END{
                     for (var in new) print new[var] > "/tmp/newrecs";
                     for (var in chng) print chng[var] > "/tmp/chngrecs";
                     for (var in buff) if(buff[var]!="") print buff[var] > "/tmp/delrecs";
                 }' /tmp/fuss_lsof_conf.txt /tmp/fuss_lsof_conf2.txt >/tmp/diff_fuss_file.txt@ );

Thanks
G

Last edited by joeyg; 02-10-2012 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: Please use CodeTags to wrap commands

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to perl convert

Dear Collegue Do anybody help me to convert this AWK script to Perl script { for (i = 2; i <= length ($0); i++) { x = substr($0, i , 1) if (c > 0) { b = b x if (x == "(") c++ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert unix command into Awk statement

Hi all, How can i use the below unix command in AWK . Can any one please suggest me how i can use. sed -e "s/which first.sh/which \$0/g" $shell > $shell.sal where $0=current program name(say current.sh) $shell=second.sh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command with PERL

Hi All, My Input file looks like below: Input: 100,200,300 $fw=`head -1 test.csv | awk -F, '{print \$1}'`; $fw="'$fw" $fw="$fw'" print $fw Output:'100' I want the first field to be printed in single quotes ('') like above. I could get the ouptput but the problem is single... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmkbuddy_1983
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Sed command to perl command

Hello, Can any perl experts help me convert my sed string to perl. I am unsuccessful with this. I have to remove this string from html files OAS_AD('Top'); I have come up with this. However the requirement is in perl. for find in $(find . -type f -name "file1.html") ; do cat $find |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abacus
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: how to convert perl script to awk in windows2003 server environment

For the following perl script, can anyone help to convert it to awk statement in windows2003 server environment ? Code: foreach $k (sort {$a <=> $b} keys %psnum) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tojzz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with convert awk script into perl

Input file (a list of input file name with *.txt extension): campus.com_icmp_ping_alive.txt data_local_cd_httpd.txt data_local_cd.txt new_local_cd_mysql.txt new_local_cd_nagios_content.txt Desired output file: data local_cd_httpd data local_cd new local_cd_mysql new ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows into columns using awk or perl

hi friends, i am able to parse cvs diff file using bit of cut and grep commands to produce following output in text file '''cvs-diff.txt''' Package-Name = dev-freetype. Old-Version = 2.4.8 New-Version = 2.4.10 Patches-removed = freetype-2.4.8-cross-compile.patch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexzander18
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert awk line into perl

I have an awk statement in a ksh script that looks for a certain string then looks at each line after to find another match. The match could be the next line or second down and it works well. nawk 'BEGIN {FS=RS;RS="!"} /interface loopback0/ {for(i=1;i<=NF; i++) if ($i ~ /ip... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk command to convert number occurances into date format and club a set of lines

Hi, I have been stuck in this requirement where my file contains the below format. 20150812170500846959990854-25383-8.0.0 "ABC Report" hp96880 "4952" 20150812170501846959990854-25383-8.0.0 End of run 20150812060132846959990854-20495-8.0.0 "XYZ Report" vg76452 "1006962188"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinmaya Kabi
6 Replies
xfs_estimate(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   xfs_estimate(8)

NAME
xfs_estimate - estimate the space that an XFS filesystem will take SYNOPSIS
xfs_estimate [ -h? ] [ -b blocksize ] [ -i logsize ] [ -e logsize ] [ -v ] directory ... DESCRIPTION
For each directory argument, xfs_estimate estimates the space that directory would take if it were copied to an XFS filesystem. xfs_esti- mate does not cross mount points. The following definitions are used: KB = *1024 MB = *1024*1024 GB = *1024*1024*1024 The xfs_estimate options are: -b blocksize Use blocksize instead of the default blocksize of 4096 bytes. The modifier k can be used after the number to indicate multiplica- tion by 1024. For example, xfs_estimate -b 64k / requests an estimate of the space required by the directory / on an XFS filesystem using a blocksize of 64K (65536) bytes. -v Display more information, formatted. -h Display usage message. -? Display usage message. -i, -e logsize Use logsize instead of the default log size of 1000 blocks. -i refers to an internal log, while -e refers to an external log. The modifiers k or m can be used after the number to indicate multiplication by 1024 or 1048576, respectively. For example, xfs_estimate -i 1m / requests an estimate of the space required by the directory / on an XFS filesystem using an internal log of 1 megabyte. EXAMPLES
% xfs_estimate -e 10m /var/tmp /var/tmp will take about 4.2 megabytes with the external log using 2560 blocks or about 10.0 megabytes % xfs_estimate -v -e 10m /var/tmp directory bsize blocks megabytes logsize /var/tmp 4096 792 4.0MB 10485760 % xfs_estimate -v /var/tmp directory bsize blocks megabytes logsize /var/tmp 4096 3352 14.0MB 10485760 % xfs_estimate /var/tmp /var/tmp will take about 14.0 megabytes xfs_estimate(8)