Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: useradd not working
Operating Systems Linux useradd not working Post 302596989 by Shirishlnx on Wednesday 8th of February 2012 11:30:14 PM
Old 02-09-2012
iNSTALL BELOW PACKAGES/RPM
shadow-utils*

--Shirish

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

useradd

I work on some hp ux 11.00 Servers. i have to add an user. i use the useradd command like follows: useradd -u 72022 -g 71095 -c " comment " -d /PACKAGE_NAME/home/username -s /usr/bin/sh username The command returns with error 3. The manpage means value number 3: Invalid argument supplied to an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

automate useradd

Hi I wounder if some one knows how to make a script to automate user adding? When i am starting the script it will add user like 04pers00 and fowllowing untill that i'm quit. The password will be a standard password typed in the file. I'm unsing Sun solaris 9 on Intel Sorry for my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steffa
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd

Hi. due to some needs i gave a user the premission to use useradd command with sudo. i want to know if there is a way to let him set the initial password, without giving him the premission to use passwd command as root (sudo). maybe a way to set a default password for all the new users that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
2 Replies

4. Solaris

useradd

Hi, I need to add a new user who will only be able to access one single folder on my Solaris 9 system. Can this be achieved by using just useradd or do i need to fiddle with auth_attr table? TIA, Selma (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selma
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd

Gurus, I need to add a user to all the machines. I need a script to do this. I did one but it does not allow me to su to root within a ssh session i open. It exists saying su: Sorry. Please let me know how i can do it. I do not have the freedom of using sudo either. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd?

Hi Experts, when using useradd command, what are the necessary options/arguments to be included? Please advice. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
4 Replies

7. Solaris

useradd

if useradd command is deleted in solaris how do we add user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unable to useradd on 11.31

Running into a bit of a problem on one of our HP-UX nodes. I'm unable to add users through useradd. We can edit the passwd file normally or through vipw, just fine. Once you remove the .pwd.lock file, though, vipw will not work. root@fake_hp_hostname:/etc>uname -a HP-UX fake_hp_hostname... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nitrodist
0 Replies

9. Solaris

useradd problem

:wall:i want to create a user in solaris whose password expires after every 30 minutes and he has to change his password after evry thirty minutes.How can we do that?:confused: thanx and regards, shekhar (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
17 Replies

10. Solaris

useradd

I want to creat a 27 logins in solaris.Can anyone tell me how to write a script for that so that i create at a time for all 27 people. Thanks to guide me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
6 Replies
UG(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     UG(4)

NAME
ug -- Abit uGuru system hardware monitor SYNOPSIS
ug* at acpi? ug0 at isa? port 0xe0 DESCRIPTION
The ug driver provides support for the Abit uGuru hardware monitor to be used with the envsys(4) interface. The ug driver has 19 sensors: Sensor Units Typical Use CPU uK CPU Temp SYS uK System Temp PWN uK PWN Temp VCORE uV DC Core voltage DDR0 uV DC DDRVdd DDR1 uV DC DDRVtt NB uV DC NBVdd SB uV DC SBVdd HTV uV DC HTVdd AGP uV DC AGPVdd V5V uV DC Vdd5V V33V uV DC Vdd3V3 V5SB uV DC Vdd5VSB V33VD uV DC Vdd3VDual CPUF RPM CPU Fan NBF RPM NB Fan SYSF RPM SYS Fan AUXF RPM AUX Fan 1 AUXF2 RPM AUX Fan 2 SEE ALSO
acpi(4), envsys(4), envstat(8) HISTORY
The ug driver first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
The ug driver was written by Mihai Chelaru <kefren@netbsd.ro>. BUGS
Interrupt support is unimplemented. BSD
May 8, 2007 BSD